DVDVR Message Board

TUF 26: Team Alvarez vs. Team Gaethje Finale (12/1/2017) - Las Vegas, NV (Park Theater)

Elsalvajeloco

TUF_26_Finale_Poster.jpg?1511716407

TUF 26: Team Alvarez vs. Team Gaethje Finale 
December 1, 2017
Las Vegas, NV (Park Theater)

TUF 26 Women's Flyweight Tournament Final/UFC Women's Flyweight Championship: Nicco Montaño (124.5) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (124) (vacant) - Montaño, DEC (unanimous)
Terrion Ware (136) vs. Sean O'Malley (135.5) - O'Malley, DEC (unanimous)
Barb Honchak (125.5) vs. Lauren Murphy (124.5) - Murphy, DEC (split)
Eric Spicely (185.5) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (185) - Meerschaert, KO (body kick), R2 (2:18)
DeAnna Bennett (126) vs. Melinda Fabian (126) - DRAW (majority)
Joe Soto (135) vs. Brett Johns (135.5) - Johns, SUB (calf slicer), R1 (0:30)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Christina Marks (125.5) vs. Montana De La Rosa (125.5) - De La Rosa, SUB (armbar), R1 (2:00)
Andrew Sanchez (185.5) vs. Ryan Janes (185) - Janes, TKO (punches), R3 (0:58)
Karine Gevorgyan (130.5)* vs. Rachael Ostovich-Berdon (125) - Ostovich-Berdon, SUB (armbar), R1 (1:40)
Ariel Beck (125.5) vs. Shana Dobson (125.5) - Dobson, TKO (punches), R2 (2:53)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Gillian Robertson (125.5) vs. Emily Whitmire (125) - Robertson, SUB (armbar), R1 (2:12)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Brett Johns
Performance of the Night: Gerald Meerschaert
Fight of the Night: Nicco Montaño vs. Roxanne Modafferi

Rating: 501,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Lauren Murphy vs. Priscila Cachoeira - Cachoeira Visa Issues
Sijara Eubanks vs. Nicco Montaño - Eubanks Removed Due Medical Concerns

It should be noted that Priscila Cachoeira from what I've seen fights just like her teammate Jessica Andrade (or early career Cris Cyborg). Also, similar build as well. It will be interesting if that translates to the UFC because she does have that gaudy Brazilian regional record she accumulated in Parana state. Lauren Murphy is far from a world beater and seems like a perfect opponent, but this fight will probably establish if Cachoeira is ready for a UFC spot. 

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am pulling for the Happy Warrior to go all the way.  Her positive attitude is absolutely infectious.

Her striking is horrendous. She’s improved as a fighter since relocating back to the U.S., but that’s just something she can’t grasp apparently.

20 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It should be noted that Priscila Cachoeira from what I've seen fights just like her teammate Jessica Andrade (or early career Cris Cyborg). Also, similar build as well. It will be interesting if that translates to the UFC because she does have that gaudy Brazilian regional record she accumulated in Parana state. Lauren Murphy is far from a world beater and seems like a perfect opponent, but this fight will probably establish if Cachoeira is ready for a UFC spot. 

Cachoeira couldn't get into the country so this fight isn't happening. Hopefully, that gets worked out soon.

16 hours ago, Edwin said:

Her striking is horrendous. She’s improved as a fighter since relocating back to the U.S., but that’s just something she can’t grasp apparently.

She employs just enough striking to set up her takedowns so that she can get in her Ground & Pound since her mat game is her bread and butter. 

If Sijara gets her timing and starts throwing knees or uppercuts as Roxanne changes levels and shoots, Roxanne is going to get knocked the fuck out.

• Like 1

I trying to figure out a scenario at 125 where the eventual champ isn't a transitional one. The three potential choices are a veteran will probably settle in around the top 10-top 15 as a high level gatekeeper in a year's time and two budding prospects with limited MMA experience (similar to Macfarlane who is still best known as the Soccer Mom Killa).

Among those scheduled to weigh in were Sijara Eubanks (2-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Nicco Montano (3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), “TUF 26” tournament finalists who earned the right to fight for the UFC’s inaugural women’s flyweight title. However, Eubanks was forced to visit the hospital overnight and was ultimate ruled medically ineligible for the card, allowing Roxanne Modafferi to take her place in the new main event.

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Sadly you could see Sijara missing weight if she made the finals coming.

The UFC should make the Murphy vs. Barb because that would make a great replacement fight since we lost Barb vs. Roxanne. 

As for Sijara, on TUF Talk last night with Karyn Bryant & Bisping, I believe she was at the Performance Institute (might have been the fighter hotel nevertheless) getting off the last bit of weight. She said her weight was good. I guess not.

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Fuuuuuuck that sucks for Sijara, hope she recovers soon. She did awesome all thru TUF. Are we really going to witness Roxanne Modafferi: UFC Champion? I hope/believe Nicco can pull off the win.

I think Nicco will win I was going to pick her against Sijara as well.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

As for Sijara, on TUF Talk last night with Karyn Bryant & Bisping, I believe she was at the Performance Institute (might have been the fighter hotel nevertheless) getting off the last bit of weight. She said her weight was good. I guess not.

I wonder if Murphy will use the secret tactic she was wanted going to us against Barb in the  Semi Finals before she lost in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Another weight class gets added and there's still weight cutting problems.  The idea that more weight classes solves this problem is a myth.

I prefer when UFC had seven weight classes in the men's division: HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW, FW and BW. I forgot the show was crowning a new UFC champion in a fourth women's division.

Did Ariel Beck get punched in the throat? She got wobbled and then just laid down on her knees. That was kinda different.

Also, did Nevada let Rachael Ostovich fight with fake eyelashes on or did no one check? I mean to her credit, they stayed on.

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Also, did Nevada let Rachael Ostovich fight with fake eyelashes on or did no one check? I mean to her credit, they stayed on.

Well now she has a reason to keep them on now that she can go and celebrate the win Vegas style.

Beautiful ground work from Ostovich.