DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

21 minutes ago, Control said:

Some of y’all in the US should jump on the Shout Factory sale and grab some UHDs of the Halloween series, The Howling, and a couple of John Carpenter flicks for under $20.

oh no shocktober sale going to cripple me. A lot of "wants" and "needs"are in the sweet spot price point for me. I got kids to feed!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:22 PM, jaedmc said:

oh no shocktober sale going to cripple me. A lot of "wants" and "needs"are in the sweet spot price point for me. I got kids to feed!

Scream Factory as Brock Lesnar to your Heath Slater

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, Control said:

Love the movie, but I’ll admit that knowing I’m watching a child being constantly endangered and traumatized takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

Sarah Polley says:

“I have seen some discussion about whether or not people can still like this movie after hearing about my horrible experiences working on it as a child,” Polley wrote. “You may not be asking for it or care – but you have my unconditional permission to still love this movie.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 1:08 PM, nate said:

Anyone looking at any good Black Friday sales/deals?

I am too poor, at the moment. Was hoping that I could get a great deal on mainstream UHDs, like NOPE and THE SHAPE OF WATER, but both still regularly priced (in Canada, at least).

You?

51 minutes ago, Control said:

I am too poor, at the moment. Was hoping that I could get a great deal on mainstream UHDs, like NOPE and THE SHAPE OF WATER, but both still regularly priced (in Canada, at least).

You?

Not really.  Target has a B2G1F deal til tomorrow, but I used it on a few books.

The VS and Severin sales only have deals for films I already have, but the new releases look good for later purchases.

Blew some cash I'd saved on the Criterion 50% sale (Bad Sleep Well, Cure, Breathless, Stray Dogs, Vampyr).

I'm actually 3 movies from 3700, so I want to be discerning with the next few purchases.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here’s the description for VS’s slate this year (based on their yearly subscription):

Spoiler

January 2023:
4 releases totaling $198.92 (MSRP)
Including: FROM BEYOND (UHD), MADE IN HONG KONG VOL. 1 (2x BDs featuring: DEMON'S BABY, THE DEADLY CAMP, EROTIC NIGHTMARE), FROSTBITER (BD), THE INFERNAL RAPIST (BD)

February 2023:
3 releases $128.94 (MSRP)
Including: Gory HK horror, THE DEVONSVILLE TERROR (exclusive new restoration + bounty of extras), Eastern Euro sci-fi weirdness

March 2023:
3 releases totaling $159.94 (MSRP)
Including: UHD debut of a demented 90s classic, 3 film Mexican Gothic set, UHD debut of 80s Italian horror

April 2023:
3 releases totaling $135.94 (MSRP)
Including: CURSE OF THE BLUE LIGHTS, BD+UHD debut of 80s regional Slasher, bizarre British exploitation/horror

May 2023:
5 releases totaling $301.90 (MSRP)
Including: VS 10th Anniversary 10-Film Collection, plus two more horror UHDs and a truly killer set of surprise titles (maybe our best yet for Halfway)

June 2023:
No releases planned

July 2023:
3 releases totaling $155.94 (MSRP)
Including: 3 horror and exploitation BDs, including a multi film collection

August 2023:
4 releases totaling $180.92 (MSRP)
Including: A multi film collection, more regional horror, and international exploitation

September 2023:
4 releases totaling $218.92 (MSRP)
Including: ARNOLD (BD), a Spanish Horror Box Set, a never-on-disc Slasher, and a squirm inducing HK treat

October 2023:
4 releases totaling $238.92 (MSRP)
Including: A Horror Box Set, the UHD debut of a notorious Euro gorefest, plus two more never-on-Blu Slashers (one has never been on disc!)

November 2023:
5 releases totaling $258.90 (MSRP)
Including: Three horror (and horror adjacent) releases (mix of BD and UHD), including some never-on-disc titles + two additional surprise UHDs!

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:09 AM, Control said:

A little late to bring this up, but VS’s subscriber week is this week. Every day at noon Eastern, they’re debuting a new release (or releases), and there’s a new slate of blurays for 10USD each day: https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/10-for-10

I bought soooo many insane films: Alley Cat, Rush Week, Shallow Grave (1987), Steel and Lace, Creature, Resurrection, and Keep an Eye Out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Every time you buy a new movie, your Dave avatar gets one more bit of unnecessary plastic surgery.

That is a LOT of unnecessary surgery.  At this point, it's not even technically Dave anymore, haha.

Edited by nate

15 hours ago, nate said:

I bought soooo many insane films: Alley Cat, Rush Week, Shallow Grave (1987), Steel and Lace, Creature, Resurrection, and Keep an Eye Out.

Alley Cat is fun. Don’t know how many times I’ll watch it, but $10 is the right price.

Had an eye on Steel and Lace, but didn’t pull the trigger.