DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

• 2 weeks later...

The collector's Blu set of "Gravity Falls" is going out of print.  Already unavailable through Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Deep Discount, and going for stupid prices on the third party Amazon market.

pukenvomit records mailorder – pukenvomitrecords.com

Gonna leave this here. Puke N Vomit has gotten in some WEIRD soundtracks and I thought y'all might want to be hipped to it. Here's a list: 

Spoiler

- Three On A Meathook (a 7" to boot?)

- Plan 9 from Outer Space

- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (?!?!)

- Redneck Zombies

- Deadly Prey

- Danger! Diabolik

- Deadly Prey

- Exorcist 2: The Heretic

- Dune

- Flip Skateboards Sorry.

- Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD

- Pinball Summer

- Verotik (bwahahahaha)

- Wicked City 

- The Gruesome Twosome

I mean this is pretty out-there. You got Morricone and Eno mixing it up with whoever Pericles Lewnes hired to bang on a keyboard for Redneck Zombies. The Gruesome Twosome one is part radio play and has multiple genres of music? Okay...

• Like 3

Flip Skateboards Sorry - Skateboarding Video Soundtracks at SkateboardMusic.com

This should be the tracklist for the Sorry. video. I dunno if the erstwhile John Rotten did more than one skate video but I seem to remember this one. Starting off with the Stooges and skooching in Edie Piaf isn't bad. 

I'm probably gonna have to grab the Wicked City soundtrack on general principle. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Oh man the Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday pre-sale reveal is absolutely bonkers. Lots of folks going to talk about Road House....but the big story for me is INVISIBLE MANIAC IS FINALLY ON BLURAY.

Back in May I got a little extra spending money and took the plunge on the subscription package. The upside is everything I've gotten has been cool. The downside is I don't think I can go back to not having it now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Oh man the Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday pre-sale reveal is absolutely bonkers. Lots of folks going to talk about Road House....but the big story for me is INVISIBLE MANIAC IS FINALLY ON BLURAY.

Back in May I got a little extra spending money and took the plunge on the subscription package. The upside is everything I've gotten has been cool. The downside is I don't think I can go back to not having it now.

Excited about INVISIBLE MANIAC, but “on sale” it’s $50 Canadian, like wtf. 

Got my HK Blu-ray’s surprisingly quick so I am about to go on a Tsui Hark marathon! 

Got two personal favorites, Peking Opera Blues and The Killer. Yes I know he just produced the latter but I’m lumping it in.

Also got the Chinese Ghost Story box set which I don’t think ever had a good release during the dvd boom so it’s a series that has alluded me till now. 

• Like 2

Watched The Killer last night and the subtitles are actually pretty good at least when it comes to wording and general grammar. Picture quality is a little rough but still an upgrade over my old HKL dvd that’s in a box somewhere.

One thing that really got me though was in the HKL subs Danny Lee and CYF’s nicknames for each other in the subtitles were Runt and some else similar I’m forgetting. On the HK Blu-ray CYF’s nickname is Mickey Mouse and Lee’s is Dumbo. So I couldn’t help but grin a bit when Danny Lee is dramatically yelling for CYF at the end of the movie and the subtitles are like “MICKEY MOUSE”.

Still a classic flick. My favorite Woo with Hard Boiled a close second but I’m gonna have to rewatch HB soon to see if that still rings true.

Looks like @jaedmcis in for a fun October. Vinegar Syndrome releases:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [4K UHD/Blu-ray Set] *Limited Slipcase*

Don't Open Till Christmas [Blu-ray] *Limited Slipcover*

The Werewolf Versus Vampire Woman

[4K UHD/Blu-ray Set] *Limited Slipcover*

Blood Delirium [Blu-ray] *Limited Slipcover*

Moon of the Wolf [Blu-ray] *Limited Slipcase*