DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live Spoilers - Jinder vs Styles -11/7/17

ChesterCopperpot

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'd be excited for Styles/Brock if I had any faith at all it was going to be more than the same mailed in crap we've been seeing from Brock for over a year now.  It's going to be better than Jinder/Brock at any rate.  My guess is Jinder wins the title back at one of the India shows then drops it back to AJ shortly thereafter.

When has Brock mailed it in this year?

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Smackdown Live Spoilers - Jinder vs Styles -11/7/17
5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Remember when Stephanie talked about WWE doing more LGBT storylines? Ellsworth can still end up as a transgender character.

They just fired their 'out' wrestler.  

They could hire Mamba and Estrella Divina but that would require actual work regarding how to push a LGBT character so that is out the window.  They can't properly book the roster right now, what makes anyone think they could handle a LGBT storyline?

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

2 other little facts about tonight - this is the first time the WWE Title switched hands on a Smackdown since Brock beat Kurt in 2003 in their Iron Man Match.

It's also the first time the belt has changed hands outside of North America. 

Tom Phillips mentioned both of those.

Disappointed that Jinder's long reign ends just like that on a random SDL, figured it was coming when they suddenly switched after announcing AJ/Rusev last week.  After all the talk that he would have to be champ for the India tour, he drops it a month before. Match was really good though and got a solid amount of time so it didn't look like Jinder being hurt was an issue. Odd that they wasted time doing back and forth promos to build Jinder/Lesnar, especially considering the whole thing started because Jinder challenged Brock before anything was said about it being all champions vs champions. They had me intrigued to see Lesnar/Jinder anyways as something different and out of the ordinary. AJ goes from losing clean to Corbin a few weeks ago to slaying the unstoppable Maharaja. Thrown together as it is, Brock/Styles should be excellent. First had Shield/Usos changed now Lesnar/Jinder. Guessing Charlotte wins the womens title next week in Charlotte to change that up too.

They just fired their 'out' wrestler.  

They could hire Mamba and Estrella Divina but that would require actual work regarding how to push a LGBT character so that is out the window.  They can't properly book the roster right now, what makes anyone think they could handle a LGBT storyline?

Said it before and I'll say it again -- I could care less what they do with him as long as he gets some fat paychecks: they should hire Cassandro. Shit, he's already a trainer, put him at the Performance Center. 

AJ and Jinder had a very good match.

Styles winning his second WWE title is a pretty big deal. A lot of guys get the token run and then get shuttled down the midcard forever while they try to find the next Hulk Hogan. When they go back to you it's either a vote of confidence (Hart in '94 or any of Edge's 33 SD title wins)  or they're irrationally over-pushing you like ADR and Sheamus.

They've also managed to save Survivor Series with the booking this week. The Bar vs Usos has the chance to be a good brawl, the New Day vs The Shield is a marquee match and Brock vs AJ is an actual main event.  

Not that I'm clamoring for Jinder to win this back but him getting the conquering title win in India is perfectly logical and a good idea, too, especially if he drops it when he gets back to America. 

The idea of AJ/Brock two years ago would have been almost a dream - but suplex city Brock is boring as shit. The Joe & Braun matches both sucked (good build, poor execution). Outside of the Goldberg match Brock has been diminishing to the point of Ziggler levels for me. 

We all know Jinder will win it back in India, that's obvious, but AJ getting his moment is pretty cool. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Best match of Jinder's career.  Yes,  I know but it wasn't even close because AJ motherfucking Styles just showed again why he's the best wrestler on this planet.  Great match.

For you Jinder Mahal, the night you wrestled AJ Styles was the best match of your career. But for Styles, it was only Tuesday.

• Like 10

Jinder is awful, AJ could not get anything out of him. He looked like he was struggling just to move. Even if a Canadian is suppose to move the needle in Canada. But they should just leave the belt on AJ. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

The Joe & Braun matches both sucked

What was bad about the Joe match?