DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

Okay I think this Raiders/Chiefs game had like 4 Dusty Finishes

Cook TD catch with :16 left overruled, declared down at the 1.

Some 10 second runoff provision I have literally never heard of before is invoked, Raiders have :08 left from the 1, clock starting on the whistle

Crabtree TD wiped out by OPI.  :03 left.

Final play of the game is pass incomplete, but KC called for Defensive Holding.

one untimed down.  Another incomplete pass with Defensive Holding

ANOTHER untimed town.  Pass to Crabtree for TD, upheld after lengthy review.

XP converted for 31-30 win

3 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Can someone explain to me why offensive penalties with no time outs left under two minutes don't result in a :10 run off?

They can, it just depends on the penalty. It has to be a penalty that appears to be done just to stop the clock,  its a set list of penalties that will cause a run off. For example, false starts and intentional grounding will have a 10 second run off. Holding and offensive pass interference would not since they aren't penalties done to save time/cheat the system so to speak. Also its only a run off if the clock was moving, so if the clock is already stopped before the play than it wouldn't be a run off. It can get a bit weird, I think we saw just about every example tonight one way or another. I don't know if they can have two straight run offs, so if Oakland did a false start on that first play after the first run off I have no idea if they can immediately have a second one, I would doubt it.

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Some 10 second runoff provision I have literally never heard of before is invoked, Raiders have :08 left from the 1, clock starting on the whistle

The Lions fans can tell you all about it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, RonL21 said:

I don't think he realized it was a referee since he was grabbed from behind and reacted

Wait wait wait. You don't think he could tell the difference between, his team mates ( who were in all white uniforms), the chiefs players (in all red), and the refs in black and white stripes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonL21 said:

I don't think he realized it was a referee since he was grabbed from behind and reacted

He did not get grabbed from behind.

He saw who was holding him and tossed him aside. That's an ejection and another game off, at least. Hell, he's probably going to get an additional game because he came off the bench to get in the scrum.  You can even see in this video what looked like a punch when he got to the Chiefs player. 

Lynch is rightfully in a world of trouble. 

Its interesting that Lynch is being applauded in many circles and called a 'legend' for watching from the stands, when he made a horrible in-game decision that would have gotten him ejected from probably any national sport. I know he is fun to laugh with and I think Lynch is a good guy overall, but he could have really cost his team there and if you put the act in a vacuum (charging from the sidelines and grabbing a referee) he probably should be suspended a game as well.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its interesting that Lynch is being applauded in many circles and called a 'legend' for watching from the stands, when he made a horrible in-game decision that would have gotten him ejected from probably any national sport. I know he is fun to laugh with and I think Lynch is a good guy overall, but he could have really cost his team there and if you put the act in a vacuum (charging from the sidelines and grabbing a referee) he probably should be suspended a game as well.

StrawMan2.jpg

I don't think anyone has said that he shouldn't have been ejected, and shouldn't be suspended.  It is just that he tends to play by his own set of rules and his notgiveafuckitis is delightful to watch.  He got thrown out of a game and decided to go hang out in the crowd with fans.  It is so insane it is charming.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

StrawMan2.jpg

I don't think anyone has said that he shouldn't have been ejected, and shouldn't be suspended.  It is just that he tends to play by his own set of rules and his notgiveafuckitis is delightful to watch.  He got thrown out of a game and decided to go hang out in the crowd with fans.  It is so insane it is charming.

I never said anyone said he shouldn't have been ejected or shouldn't be suspended, Mr. Strawman, read more carefully. I said his actions are being praised and laughed at in a 'good old boy' kind of way when he could have (and probably should have)cost his team a loss they really couldn't afford to have. Imagine Brady or Cam doing that and the reactions would be a bit different.

15 hours ago, elizium said:

The Lions fans can tell you all about it.

Yeah, it only cost us a shot at winning a game. Not just because of the time but because they didn't enforce it correctly.