DVDVR Message Board

Sexual Assault and Harassment in Hollywood

John from Cincinnati

On 11/5/2017 at 2:08 PM, Curt McGirt said:

She honestly seems like the exact type of person that a sexual predator would go after.  I don't know much about her, but she seems like the type of woman that people would allow all of the "look how she dresses" or "she's slept with this many people" or "She's just crazy" excuses that people like to use.  

That's why I think it kinda sucks that of all people it's her. Defense attorneys might have a field day with her regular behavior. 

As if El Rey and his films weren't already enough to make us love Robert Rodriguez: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/gyjdk4/its-time-to-rewatch-grindhouse-rose-mcgowans-f-u-to-harvey-weinstein?utm_source=dmfb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

She honestly seems like the exact type of person that a sexual predator would go after.  I don't know much about her, but she seems like the type of woman that people would allow all of the "look how she dresses" or "she's slept with this many people" or "She's just crazy" excuses that people like to use.  

I read something that suggested that his actions against her predated her behavior and presentations.

Well, if you're going to hire ex-intelligencia, you may as well get the best if you can afford them.

Too bad this is another log for White nationalists to throw on the Evil Jewish Conspiracy fire.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Victator said:

You would think with his money and power, he could get laid without having to hurt women, or operate like a super villain. 

Umm...using money and power to sleep with women is the root of the problem.  That IS acting like a supervillain.

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Umm...using money and power to sleep with women is the root of the problem.  That IS acting like a supervillain.

With money and power you should be able to find lots of volunteers without forcing yourself on someone. 

That's not the point of it. They're mentally deranged, they WANT that feeling, it's what gets them off. That's the entire purpose of fucking creeps like that. Similar to pedophiles, it's a creepy power and control thing psychologically. It's why the "gay/pedophile" garbage peddled by bigoted organizations is so infuriating and callous.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Victator said:

With money and power you should be able to find lots of volunteers without forcing yourself on someone. 

when-youre-a-star-they-let-you-do-it-gra

Three things of note today:

1) Kevin Spacey has been cut from ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.  Every scene he was in will be re-shot, with Christopher Plummer replacing him as J. Paul Getty.

2) Actress Kristina Cohen has accused Ed Westwick (Chuck the rapist/ "bad boy" on Gossip Girl) of raping her, and the LAPD has opened an investigation. (This actually happened Monday but I didn't see it til today)

3) Various less-than-reputable sources (like Daily Fail/National Enquirer) are reporting that the adult man who talked a 13-year-old Corey Haim into sex on the set of LUCAS (as recounted in Corey Feldman's memoir) was a then-19 Charlie Sheen, based on the word of former actor and Haim friend Dominick Brascia.  Sheen has categorically denied, of course.  

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

1) Kevin Spacey has been cut from ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.  Every scene he was in will be re-shot, with Christopher Plummer replacing him as J. Paul Getty. 

This is especially wild because the movie is finished and comes out in like six weeks.  

The lesson here is don't fuck with Ridley Scott because he will erase your ass from history.

And don't be a rapist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

This is especially wild because the movie is finished and comes out in like six weeks.  

The lesson here is don't fuck with Ridley Scott because he will erase your ass from history.

And don't be a rapist.

I'm guessing Spacey wasn't all over the film and they also had a 2-3 week head start as soon as the allegations came out. I mean I heard rumors about Spacey week or so before the Anthony Rapp thing completely blew up. If I knew, I'm pretty sure Sony and Ridley Scott knew about the impending, brewing shitstorm and devised a sturdy backup plan. 

9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Plummer is one of the all-time greats, but he is also 30 years older than Spacey, so he seems line a really wild casting choice.  Only really good actor available on 0 notice?

If you look up this movie, you'll see that Spacey is actually wearing a lot of "old age" makeup to play the role.  So Plummer is probably a lot closer to whatever age the character is supposed to be.

From the report I saw late last night, Spacey was only on set for 10 days max.  They can get that done and be ready for the release date, especially considering they cancelled the AFI Fest gala in light of the Spacey allegations.

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Plummer is one of the all-time greats, but he is also 30 years older than Spacey, so he seems line a really wild casting choice.  Only really good actor available on 0 notice?

Getty was 80 years old when the kidnapping happened.

I kind of wonder if some women, or just some people in general, are thinking "Oh sure, when men get sexually harassed and abused then people get cut out of movies."

Which is not to say Weinstein's just skating by or anything.

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

There's a Vulture story about this that says Plummer was Scott's original choice for the role, but Sony wanted a bigger name, which is how they got Spacey.

But it is a little wild that someone that old is going to participate in some reshoots which presumably will be under a ton of pressure with extremely tight deadlines.