DVDVR Message Board

A Rick & Morty Thread

RIPPA

Adult Swim put up with all of Harmon's bullshit because this show, at least at the time of the last renewal, was far and away the biggest money maker they have.  

I think AS takes a "innocent until proven guilty" approach, then shuffles him off the show.  There's no chance they kill the goose that is laying the golden eggs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's official, Roiland is out. I'm having trouble with links and such, but the Rick & Morty Twitter account has confirmed it.

The reports are that work on S7 of the show is continuing and any character Roiland voiced will be re-cast.

(Edit...we'll see if this link to an article containing the tweet works...)

https://www.avclub.com/adult-swim-justin-roiland-will-re-cast-rick-and-morty-1850026866

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, to your question Curt, it appears the answer is 'someone else.'  In fact, stories coming out about working with Roiland was that he was a fucking nightmare -- when he actually bothered to show up.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2023 at 12:41 AM, Eivion said:

Reading through the THR article I almost wonder if all of the companies weren't already looking for an out to get rid of him as it sounds like he caused issues at all of them. 

Yeah, that was my take.   It sounds like dealing with him was a pain in the a**

Maybe someone will take him back.  The charges against him were dropped today due to a lack of evidence.

some of the stories about him are quite funny.  Supposedly, he hated dealing with the R&M writers so he suggested holding meetings in virtual reality so he wouldn’t have to be in the room with them.  I mean, wouldn’t Zoom be more parctical?

16 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

They'll bring him back, for the voice work if nothing else. No way they are recasting those characters.

Hollywood is full of insanely talented people.  There are literally 1000 guys who can do the voices at like 1/4th the price. Plus none of them are gonna be the, to put it lightly, problematic mess that Justin was. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And so... Yup, Roiland is permanently out.

Adult Swim has said season 7 is coming in September, "if everything goes to plan."

Also, all of Roiland's voices are currently being re-cast.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RICK AND MORTY: SEASON 7

Debuts October 15

---

Elephant in the room:   Rick's new voice is about 80-90% there.  The new Morty is spot on though.  As with most things R&M, I think this season will depend entirely on the writing.  

• Like 3

Eh, Morty sounded almost as off to me - too young in a "trying to sound like a teenager" way without any of the cracking undertones that the other guy did (and actually sort of worked for the character on a lot of levels).  Then again, I would have been fine with the show ending after the way Season 3 wrapped, so, maybe I should pretend that's head canon from now on.

They’ve pretty much dealt with all of the lore stuff they’ve been teasing most of the series, so whenever C-137 and Rick Prime have a final showdown that would be the logical endpoint. It’ll go for another twenty seasons after that, but that’s the way the news goes. 

• 3 weeks later...

My first reaction to the guest star was, "no, it couldn't be..." And then more and more throughout the episode I kept thinking, "well, it does sound like him, he seems like he's game for anything, so maybe?" 

• Like 2