DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCT 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Was hoping they would debut it with the old-school 5-vs-5 format... but still. MOTHERFUCKING WARGAMES. We better have some kick-ass vignettes to go along the history of it.

43 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm beyond excited that we're getting War Games, but going by spoilers the title match for Takeover has me almost equally as excited.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the title match. War Games should more than make up for that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

With you. First War Games match I'd ever watched..1993. Oof.

The first one I saw was the Great American Bash '87. I rented that tape so many times. Renting wrestling tapes Friday night and watching it over and over all weekend was an awesome part of childhood.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The first one I saw was the Great American Bash '87. I rented that tape so many times. Renting wrestling tapes Friday night and watching it over and over all weekend was an awesome part of childhood.

I remember there was a video store with $1.00 Wednesdays during the summer.  We'd go get 5 PPVs, and try to watch them all before they were due back the next day.  Some of my favorite wrestling memories revolved watching Wrestlmania X or Royal Rumble 1992 with my friends for the 43rd time.

• Like 2

Takeover is looking pretty rad. I'm not worried about the title match because every time the challenger has had the chance he's delivered.  It may not be the most anticipated match, but realistically the women's title match to crown a new champ and MF'n War Games will be enough on top of the card.

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

One of those teams is for sure a really weird pairing.

I'm trying to figure out how one gets from point A to point B with that pairing and can't find anything that makes sense to me.  Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I can't be the only one who thinks 

Reveal hidden contents

Undisputed/AOP vs Drew/Roddy/Sanity would be the better match.

That makes a ton more sense as far as making a traditional War Games match.  Now I'm disappointed they didn't do this instead.

59 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hide contents

That makes a ton more sense as far as making a traditional War Games match.  Now I'm disappointed they didn't do this instead.

It doesn't make sense because

Spoiler

Undisputed already attacked the AoP

From a match format standpoint, it makes a whole of a lot more sense. If I were fantasy booking this, I'd go with

Spoiler

Drew Mac and Sanity forming a dangerous alliance vs Undisputed with a mystery partner who could be revealed to be Ohno, a new debut like Rush, or whatever. None of this matters though because they're going with Drew Mac vs Almas.

• Like 1