DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

They clearly changed everything on the fly since Cole had no idea it was an elimination match.  Which was even stupider because Sasha and Bayley came off as even bigger losers.  Especially when Fox pinned Bayley.  Emma beating Fox or Dana in a first-pin wins seemed so much more productive, but nope.  But yeah, Nia wasn't in it for obvious reasons.

Part of me wants to put $20 on Emma so if Vince wants to shock everybody I can potentially take 2018 off.

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Just watched Okada vs EVIL.  Good match, but would it kill New Japan to spend a few bucks to fix up the IWGP belt?  Damn thing looks like it was run over and put back together with chewing gum.

Just wait until Naito wins it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

They clearly changed everything on the fly since Cole had no idea it was an elimination match.  Which was even stupider because Sasha and Bayley came off as even bigger losers.  Especially when Fox pinned Bayley.  Emma beating Fox or Dana in a first-pin wins seemed so much more productive, but nope.  But yeah, Nia wasn't in it for obvious reasons.

Part of me wants to put $20 on Emma so if Vince wants to shock everybody I can potentially take 2018 off.

Yeah - it definitely came off as they couldn't think of how to protect Nia so they kept her out

Sasha and Bayley weren't as lucky

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it definitely came off as they couldn't think of how to protect Nia so they kept her out

Sasha and Bayley weren't as lucky

I'd argue there's more money in Nia than Bayley/Sasha right now and that Sasha can eat losses and not have any blowback from how over she is (this is a similar problem that Becky has on SDL). I kind of wish they would've let Bayley stay in NXT longer and turn heel just to give her more time so they don't hotshot her in 2017 and make her directionless.

Word on the internet streets is that Low Ki tore his ACL

I had seen that he got injured this weekend on the wXw shows after giving WALTER a double foot stomp

A quick Network search last night brought me to the August 14, 2013 NXT and a match putting Corey Graves, Adrian(!) Neville, and Xavier Woods against the Shield.

Tasty stuff. A shame this current run won't feature them as villains. This is almost a nothing match by high-tier Shield standards, and they're still phenomenal. It's especially fun to go back to a time when I saw a world of potential in Ambrose. That man needs a heel turn when this reunion is done. 

I've heard the "MTV" rumor several times before regarding Madden.  I've never believed it.  Lol, Bill Watts was more "MTV" than slovenly, Hawaiian-shirt wearing Madden.  Also, he was in his mid-30's when he got in with WCW, so he was almost out of the demographic.

Madden was a guy well-versed in the product with insider-cred and a shock jock personality. This was during peak of Howard Stern's power where every major market had a handful of Stern ripoffs. He fit right in with those types. At the time, WCW was really desperate for anything fresh.

Honestly, how different is Madden than Rosenberg? 

We all love the Brain, but let's face it - Heenan had been drunk, uninterested, and stale for years. Yes, there were glimpses of his genius left, but they were few and far between. The commentary needed freshening up. In hindsight Madden was clearly the wrong choice, but WCW needed to do something different. WWF was killing them and part of that was the perception that it was a company full of washed-up, old, ex-WWF guys.

Was Darren Young endeavored to the future and I missed it? Did Mr. No Days Off finally get some days off? It seems like his push went to hell the second he out-closeted on Ellen. shame.

In other news Alvarez is saying that people claim Jim Cornette flashed his dick to a crowd of people at a show. Cornette is such a clown. I'm going to watch MLW one shot to forget about Cornette and his exposed penis.

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No, we went to Dairy Queen and the ice cream was not good. End of story. :lol:

Later on we found out it's not even fat free. 

It's Dairy Queen's fault that goddam Giuliani is the mayor.

Poor David Dinkins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

Was Darren Young endeavored to the future and I missed it? Did Mr. No Days Off finally get some days off? It seems like his push went to hell the second he out-closeted on Ellen. shame.

In other news Alvarez is saying that people claim Jim Cornette flashed his dick to a crowd of people at a show. Cornette is such a clown. I'm going to watch MLW one shot to forget about Cornette and his exposed penis.

D-Young is heel on Raw house shows. And there are (thankfully censored) pictures of Cornette whipping his package out (to piss on a cardboard Russo) at a live Prichard show.

• Thanks 1