DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

Since it was RUINED! I'll re-post it here.

Posted this in Purresu folder, but it's noteworthy enough. I guess Pro Wrestling NOAH is serious.

From a little while ago.

11. GHC Heavyweight Title: Eddie Edwards  (c) besiegt Naomichi Marufuji (26:14) mit dem Die Hard Flowsion (1st defense).

I  don't have any real interest in the proposed Vince McMahon biopic, but I am curious to see how much influence Vince ultimately manages to exert over it and how terribly he ruins it.  If he gets script approval, I'm expecting the script to be heavily sanitized and Hogan-sized whoppers to replace whatever scenes they remove.  Vince fighting off the alien invasion singlehandedly or slamming the 2,500 lb. Andre the Giant while wearing a Hulk Hogan mask are not out of the question.

Don't care who they get to play Vince, but not casting Wesley Snipes as R-Truth will be a missed opportunity.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Don't care who they get to play Vince, but not casting Wesley Snipes as R-Truth will be a missed opportunity.

The two aren't remotely similar personality wise so I'm not sure how it would a missed opportunity or why R-Truth would even be in.

Honestly, I would much rather have a Vince biography than a biopic.

The Vince biopic talk just gets me thinking about a tremendous Jesse Ventura biopic I caught on some random Sky film channel years ago.

And, by tremendous, I mean, totally fucking bonkers.

So Ventura starts watching wrestling in 1969 and the wrestlers are doing 450 Splashes off ladders and shit, his debut match is against Goldberg (playing himself and billed as Goldberg) in front of a crowd wearing nWo shirts. What I assume is Gorilla Monsoon is played by some random fat dude with a beard who looks as much like Monsoon as Hornswoggle does and for some reason they're commentating together in WCW.

They do a Montreal Screwjob in the middle of the film involving Raven (playing himself, billed as Raven) and some dude who had been there '15 years' and some other guy who I assume was supposed to be Vince even though he was the same guy who played the promoter before Ventura joined WWF (or WCW), Ventura leaves what I assume is WWF (even though it's billed as WCW) because he is pissed off over the treatment of the guy that got screwed. Throughout the film modern day Jesse shows up during scenes involving old school Jesse wrestling and is all 'Don't worry, folks, this isn't real.'

Confused? 

Not as much as I was.

Ignore me, it may have been a dream I had.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

The Vince biopic talk just gets me thinking about a tremendous Jesse Ventura biopic I caught on some random Sky film channel years ago.

And, by tremendous, I mean, totally fucking bonkers.

So Ventura starts watching wrestling in 1969 and the wrestlers are doing 450 Splashes off ladders and shit, his debut match is against Goldberg (playing himself and billed as Goldberg) in front of a crowd wearing nWo shirts. What I assume is Gorilla Monsoon is played by some random fat dude with a beard who looks as much like Monsoon as Hornswoggle does and for some reason they're commentating together in WCW.

They do a Montreal Screwjob in the middle of the film involving Raven (playing himself, billed as Raven) and some dude who had been there '15 years' and some other guy who I assume was supposed to be Vince even though he was the same guy who played the promoter before Ventura joined WWF (or WCW), Ventura leaves what I assume is WWF (even though it's billed as WCW) because he is pissed off over the treatment of the guy that got screwed. Throughout the film modern day Jesse shows up during scenes involving old school Jesse wrestling and is all 'Don't worry, folks, this isn't real.'

Confused? 

Not as much as I was.

Ignore me, it may have been a dream I had.

Sadly it is not a dream. It's very much real. It actually aired on NBC the night Owen Hart died. How do I know this? Because I was watching this movie instead of that PPV. I have the dvd somewhere that we got from a dollar bin at I think Walmart or something. The wrestling part of the movie alone needs to be seen to be believed. Most of it I think was filmed before a Nitro held at the Air Canada Center because you can clearly see the  ACC logo under the big  tron screen above the ring. Who knew they had those giant things in the 70's. At start of the film Raven and Kanyon are credited as the wrestling choreographers I think.

• Like 3

Paige Biopic v Vince Biopic.

2 families with crazy characters, that alone reduces the chances of either being a good film by 50%, add in the fact they are wrestling based reduces that chance to 33 and a third percent.  Then when you factor the standard of actors and budgets and likely rewrites that takes it down to 0.01% chance of either being a good movie.

that said, I would kill for a Scott Steiner, the Big Poppa Pump years Biopic.

Tom Hardy can play Steiner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

It's probably also the level of research Vince actually wants to go into this movie.

I can't wait for the scenes where Vince is made to look to be a Saint. I bet anything there's gonna be some huge scene with Vince getting the seal of approval from Vince Sr. that he never got in real life.

"I'm not putting my competition out of business, i'm giving them a chance to come into the future"

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Would’ve been better with James Adomian... 

By the way, there’s a slew of his Ventura appearances from the Sklar Brothers podcast on YouTube. They’re all hilarious. Check them out if you haven’t before. The death of Randy Savage one is my favorite...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I can't wait for the scenes where Vince is made to look to be a Saint. I bet anything there's gonna be some huge scene with Vince getting the seal of approval from Vince Sr. that he never got in real life.

"I'm not putting my competition out of business, i'm giving them a chance to come into the future"

I can definitely see a scene where a female employee tries to force herself onto him in a limo and Vince pleads "Please...no!  I have a wife!  I have a family!  I won't do this!"

• Haha 6