DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FOUR

Ryan

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am surprised they replayed the Adams hit in slow motion a few times, he got massacred.

Ratings~! They would air a whole show of deadly car crashes if you let them.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Ratings~! They would air a whole show of deadly car crashes if you let them.

That's how I know an injury is reallllly gross, when they come back from commercial and say "yea we can't replay that." Happened last year when Eric Wood broke his leg, but they seem to be ok with any "hard hit" replay. Its "bones breaking in half" they seem squeamish about.

15 hours ago, supremebve said:

Say what you want about Clowney's lack of counting stats, but that dude is a fucking menace.  He just causes chaos wherever he is on the field.  He is one of  the most destructive players in the league.  He is impossible to block, he is good against the run and the pass.  He's a player that offenses have to gameplan against because he can wreck your entire offense if he isn't accounted for on every play.  He plays end, tackle, and outside linebacker and is effective at all three positions.  The numbers don't tell the story of how good he is.

Problem is he's also fragile as hell. Had that problem here at South Carolina, too.

Oh and this is the first week I've got to listen to him announcing, but holy crap Tony Romo is amazing.  Whoever compared him to John Madden back a few weeks ago was totally dead on.  

I see how some people would complain about him essentially calling plays before they happen but I find it fascinating when he can't turn off his QB brain and blurts this stuff out.

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Think people in London are watching this crap and thinking "man I really wish the Jaguars were playing"

We are indeed.  Genuinely delighted that I couldn't get the tickets I wanted for this one.

Also, this has to be approaching the record number of penalties in a game.  The graphics person must have worn that key down to a nub.