DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2017

Dolfan in NYC

I don't know how to post a link but go Google the Columbus Dispatch story on the Crew possibly moving to Austin. My God. This is probably the most sleazy and corrupt thing in the history of MLS and think of the ground that covers. Basically the owner conned his way into buying the team and vowing loyalty to the city while he was laying the groundwork to move from day one. This guy just oozes slime.

I feel like a club could get a good amount of money from the red half of Merseyside to take Dejan Lovren and Simon Mignolet off their hands. Holy fuck. This side is doing fucking nothing until the back 5 is upgraded significantly. Fuck me. 

• Like 1

Giant fuck you to Atlanta for not getting the job done today and depriving us of a play in game vs blood money FC at a baseball stadium TBD.

Also ha ha, fuck you Ben Olsen! May the scum be stupid enough to keep you around forever.

Metro pissed all over the Fire, some long overdue revenge on those fuckers for 2000 and 2003. 

Also good on the Vancouver supporters for the Save The Crew banner in their section. What's happening in Columbus is easily the shittiest and scummiest thing in MLS history and think of the ground that covers.

We looked up all the various US attendance records the other day. 

The top 2 or 3 are all United vs Real/FCB/... matches held at Michigan Stadium, all over 100,000. 

Top MLS MATCHES ARE  1 team vs an international team in the Rose Bowl. 90,000 or so.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

We looked up all the various US attendance records the other day. 

The top 2 or 3 are all United vs Real/FCB/... matches held at Michigan Stadium, all over 100,000. 

Top MLS MATCHES ARE  1 team vs an international team in the Rose Bowl. 90,000 or so.

ALL-TIME REGULAR-SEASON SINGLE-GAME ATTENDANCE (STANDALONE GAMES ONLY)
70,425 9/16/2016 Atlanta vs. Orlando Mercedes-Benz Stadium
69,255 4/13/1996 Los Angeles vs. MetroStars Rose Bowl
67,385 8/25/2013 Seattle vs. Portland CenturyLink Field
66,452 10/7/2012 Seattle vs. Portland CenturyLink Field
66,237 8/18/2007 Red Bulls vs. Los Angeles Giants Stadium
66,216 10/27/2013 Seattle vs. Los Angeles CenturyLink Field

Atlanta has since broken the record again. The insane 5-4 RBNY/Galaxy match is hanging on by a thread...

This ATL/CLB match has had a fantastic first half. Atlanta has a really dynamic attack, and their back four are just leaky enough that Columbus is putting through dangerous balls on the counter-attack. 

ATL just got saved after a perfect through ball because Meram (I think) made a pass to an obviously offside teammate instead of finishing himself. This is one of the best MLS games I've ever seen so far. 

There's nothing I hate more than someone taking a half assed penalty. There is NO excuse for a pro player (particularly at the highest level of the sport) to do that. Pick a spot and fire it in. Unless the keeper is SpiderMan he is almost surely not stopping it.