Singer/actor Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold
YouTube star Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas
Singer Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd
WWE wrestler Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev
Pretty Little Liars star Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko
NFL player Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke
TV personality Vanessa Lachey with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Paralympic swimmer Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy

1) I hope you're all watching Difficult People on Hulu. They've reached a "next level" for the show. Last night's episode with Mickey Dolenz was really insane. A+ show.

2) You're The Worst returned tonight. This show makes me laugh so much, especially when characters describe JACK-FM as "poor person radio" and Jazon Mraz as "fedora wearing diarrhea." 

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Who's wife and or girlfriend is Derek Fisher going to try to holla at first?  Nick Lachey better watch out.

If John Cena is on the road or filming/promoting a movie, his relationship is in imminent danger. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Raziel403 said:

Lindsey Stirling?  That's not even fair, she's a trained dancer, and has done videos with Derek Hough.  Not that I'm not gonna watch or anything since Debbie Gibson is on too...

DWTS always throws a trained dancer or two in the mix every season. Stacy Kiebler, Alfonso Ribiero, etc. Viewers generally don't care.

10 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If John Cena is on the road or filming/promoting a movie, his relationship is in imminent danger. 

I don't know, after Matt Barnes went full lunatic, is he really gonna risk pissing off a guy that big?

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know, after Matt Barnes went full lunatic, is he really gonna risk pissing off a guy that big?

Yes because John Cena isn't someone out here fighting people and isn't trying to lose endorsements. I would even say that's the much safer choice out of those two. 

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe, but the risk of someone like Cena snapping is scary. I think he could literally break Fisher in half.

Maybe? Does John Cena have this massive reputation as this tough guy that I don't know about? If I had to a choice of fighting John Cena and say...Zach Randolph? One of these folks you can talk it out with and the other one is Z-Bo.  You have to separate people who have physiques for entertainment and aesthetics for their profession and those people who will beat you up for fun. That's the difference in you going to the ICU.

Also, Fisher and Cena are the same height. Matt Barnes is legit 6'7".

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe, but the risk of someone like Cena snapping is scary. I think he could literally break Fisher in half.

Yeah, I guess, but dirty macks don't ever think about the consequences.  Seriously, he was the coach of the Knicks and was accused of trying to get with his player's girlfriends. There is a very good chance he never coaches again.  I'd rather fight John Cena than Matt Barnes every day of the week.  Derek Fisher decided to holla at his wife...not his girl...his wife.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Now imagining if Doug Christie has been on DWTS. 

I'm surprised that VH1/Mona Scott haven't parlayed all those shows into their own (even more) D list celeb version of DWTS. That's license to print money.

I'm thinking tonight's Rick and Morty will be more divisive than usual but I fucking loved it! I was re-watching the show's run the past week or so and was thinking how they've been able to be political at times but generally on the sly and almost never bluntly. Tonight's episode was a huge departure in just about every way. I hope it doesn't become a trend because this show is generally at its best when subverting earnestness. However, for a one off it was tremendous and they brought back Mastermind Morty (another thing I was wondering if they'd come back to) and the hauntingly beautiful Blonde Redhead song from my favourite episode, Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I'm thinking tonight's Rick and Morty will be more divisive than usual but I fucking loved it! I was re-watching the show's run the past week or so and was thinking how they've been able to be political at times but generally on the sly and almost never bluntly. Tonight's episode was a huge departure in just about every way. I hope it doesn't become a trend because this show is generally at its best when subverting earnestness. However, for a one off it was tremendous and they brought back Mastermind Morty (another thing I was wondering if they'd come back to) and the hauntingly beautiful Blonde Redhead song from my favourite episode, Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind.

I loved it, thought it was a great look at life in the Citadel. The idea the same person can go on to become very different people. 

Spoiler

My favorite bits were guys acknowledging they were just playing roles. "I didn't take this farmer persona to feed kids!!!"

Also "I thought I was left handed Morty,"

I feel asleep before Rick and Morty started.  Boo.  I'll catch it tonight.

Watched the Orville.  It was... not worth the half hour of football I gave up to see it.  Hell, i wish i had watched the NBC pre-show instead of the Orville.  Pretty good cast, but the pilot was not funny or dramatic.  I'm not even sure what they were going for.  I expected some sort of wacky Star Trek parody/satire, but they played it mostly straight.  The show played out as a fairly dull grade-z Star Trek rip-off.  ZZZZZ.  One new show has aired for the fall season and I've already dropped one show. That's a record.

I'll watch Rick and Morty tonight.

I watched a couple other things though. The newest Ray Donovan was a big ol' bummer. Shocker there. This week, Ray discovers Serotonin syndrome when he takes too many Zolofts thinking he can munch on them like pain pills and they'll do the same thing. I hope next week his psychiatrist is like, "you fucking dummy, if you take more, it doesn't become more effective. You need to take the same dose at the same time every day for 2 to 4 weeks to see if there's any improvement in your mood." And then Ray will just sit there and look dumbfounded.

My wife and I also binged almost all of the Confession Tapes. Maybe that belongs in the documentary thread, but it's a series on Netflix that explores 6 different cases where people confess to crimes they didn't commit. It shows yet another way of how fucked up police can be and it reminded me a lot of Making a Murderer where they interrogated that one mentally challenged kid for hours and hours and the kid winds up confessing to something he didn't do.

Speaking of, when the hell is season 2 of Making a Murderer?