DVDVR Message Board

NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 2017

sevendaughters

PWG is super hot right now, but I personally wouldn't use any matches from there to judge any one wrestler's abilities.  It's a hyper specific niche promotion that pretty much exclusively does sprints and weird, absurdist comedy.  A lot of times I watch PWG and feel like it's an elaborate inside joke that nobody clued me in on.

Watched the first half today. Everyone is sleeping on the Minoru/Yano business... it was a fuck finish that TOTALLY worked with the crowd and popped me like a hyena. I love that Minoru "can't help himself" and insists on torturing Yano time after time, to his own detriment more often than not as he "makes mistakes" that cost him the match. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 8:58 PM, Pete said:

Watched the first half today. Everyone is sleeping on the Minoru/Yano business... it was a fuck finish that TOTALLY worked with the crowd and popped me like a hyena. I love that Minoru "can't help himself" and insists on torturing Yano time after time, to his own detriment more often than not as he "makes mistakes" that cost him the match. 

In the Observer Meltzer said pretty much that: it would normally be a terrible finish but in the context it was done it was great.