DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

13 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I should let this go, but you mean youngest.

D'OH.  You're right.  Dumb typo.

6 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I think part of it was that there really was no build to Randy's turn.  He wins the belt, HHH gets jealous and dumps him.  With Dave, it was long and drawn out.  You had the whole deal where HHH is treating him like he's a big dummy but Dave's on to him and eventually doesn't look like a chump.  For Randy, he was extremely unlikable as the cocky young heel, I think they threw him in the deep end thinking if he was opposed to HHH people would automatically cheer him, but the fact is he's generally much better as a heel.

It really was crazy at the time.  It would be like Ole getting a world title shot and winning it during the Horsemen days.  Nobody took Orton seriously at that level.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:19 AM, Rev Ray said:

Liger finding ways to make me love him more every day.

I saw in the thread from these tweets, this was from a 2013 episode of a remodelling show where they remodel the NJPW Dojo.  Tama Tonga, Hiromu Takahashi, Liger, Tanahashi and I think Tanaka and Komachi are in the dojo at the time:

I didn't know until reading Lion's Pride, but apparently Liger's lived in the dojo for decades.