DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

56 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Liger finding ways to make me love him more every day.

I saw in the thread from these tweets, this was from a 2013 episode of a remodelling show where they remodel the NJPW Dojo.  Tama Tonga, Hiromu Takahashi, Liger, Tanahashi and I think Tanaka and Komachi are in the dojo at the time:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wouldn't know since we are one of the many Schiavone has blocked on Twitter

Then Kidman mocked Schiavone for not being able to get a job in WWE again, and Schiavone said "if you thought I was a fatass then..." and said Kidman's matches were ignored because he wasn't good enough...then they TwitKissed and TwitMadeUp like dorks.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Then Kidman mocked Schiavone for not being able to get a job in WWE again, and Schiavone said "if you thought I was a fatass then..." and said Kidman's matches were ignored because he wasn't good enough...then they TwitKissed and TwitMadeUp like dorks.

Um, does Tony routinely tell people to fuck off for no reason?  That seems a little.. odd.  Is there some history between he and Kidman.

I would assume that he didn't appreciate being called out by Kidman so he fired off a retort. As quickly as their argument started it ended, because I'm guessing they both realized how stupid they were. While Kidman is right to lament that WCW commentary was pretty shitty during "lesser" matches, is it worth bringing it up all these years later? No...but that's never stopped any wrestler from dredging up the past. Fuck, I still do it and I both know better AND hate myself as I'm doing it.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:37 AM, CreativeControl said:

I miss wrestling

giphy.gif

I hope this one is a RWTL match. If it is, I have it somewhere and must watch it....maybe even now....during my work day...and get paid to do it.

1 hour ago, Ramsey said:

I hope this one is a RWTL match. If it is, I have it somewhere and must watch it....maybe even now....during my work day...and get paid to do it.

Aigh it is. Little known fact but in 1982 RWTL actually translated from Japanese as 'screwy finishes to every match'

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

It's funny to think how bad they botched the Randy face turn but got it right with Dave.

Talk about making chicken salad out of chicken shit. I absolutely loathed everything about the Orton face push (starting from the outset with that beatdown, which felt entirely like HHH getting his heat back after an awful, distasteful feud with Eugene). I'd argue Big Dave's angle was the best thing WWE had done since Rock-Austin and nothing since save *maybe* the Yes Movement has come close, and it came about entirely as a result of how badly the original went awry.  

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

13 Years Ago today....

35ar5f4x4agz.gif

Oh man, Randy Orton's first reign, which lasted exactly one month.  Green, not ready, and not at all taken seriously at that level at the time.  All because Vince wanted to erase Lesnar as the longest-reigning champion.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh man, Randy Orton's first reign, which lasted exactly one month.  Green, not ready, and not at all taken seriously at that level at the time.  All because Vince wanted to erase Lesnar as the longest-reigning champion.

I should let this go, but you mean youngest.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brock the youngest in part because the Rock had been before he left?

• Thanks 1

I think part of it was that there really was no build to Randy's turn.  He wins the belt, HHH gets jealous and dumps him.  With Dave, it was long and drawn out.  You had the whole deal where HHH is treating him like he's a big dummy but Dave's on to him and eventually doesn't look like a chump.  For Randy, he was extremely unlikable as the cocky young heel, I think they threw him in the deep end thinking if he was opposed to HHH people would automatically cheer him, but the fact is he's generally much better as a heel.