DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/3/17

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing August 3, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Dezmond Xavier def. Drago to advance to the finals of the Super X Cup

*One of the Mumbai Cats def. Trevor Lee. After the match, the Mumbai Cat unmasks as Sonjay Dutt. Sonjay challenges Trevor to a Ladder Match for the X Division Championship at the Destination X Live Impact on August 17.

*Eli Drake vs. Eddie Edwards is up next but doesn't take place when Kongo Kong attacks Edwards backstage.

*Ethan Carter III def. Moose(c) via split decision to win the Impact Grand Championship. Scott D'Amore & Dutch Mantel scored it a tie but Bruce Prichard scored round 3 for EC3.

*Grado, Braxton Sutter, & Suicide def. KM, Fallah Bahh, & Mario Bokara when Grado pinned KM. After the match, Grado calls out Laurel Van Ness who comes out with Joseph Park. Grado says last week they were interrupted so this week he wants an answer. Grado proposes to Laurel but Kongo Kong comes out again and destroys Grado though Laurel stops Kongo from hitting the top rope splash.

*New Impact Grand Champion Ethan Carter III comes out for a promo. He calls himself the grandest champion of all and talks to the title. EC3 asks the title if it wants to get out of here then exits through the crowd.

*The Latin American XChange (Homicide, Ortiz, & Santana (w/ Konnan & Diamante) def. Alberto el Patron, Dos Caras, & El Hijo del Dos Caras after Low Ki interfered and hit the Warrior's Way on Alberto, joining LAX.

I like the fact that there's actually one on one issues involved in the x division stuff instead of just throwing multi-men matches out there. I enjoyed Ki vs. Dutt and Dutt vs. Everett will be good. 

I also like that they're putting LAX into the main event angle. If they could somehow get LAX in front of a latino-heavy crowd and put that on the show, we'd be talking some nWo-level heat. I'd love to see the visual of VOW getting absolutely massacred by the crowd if they were to team up with AAA and do a show south of the border. 

Also, if they could get some merchandise sales going, LAX could be a cash cow. 

• Like 1

Alberto defeats Homicide in seconds. That's wonderful. I guess I should just be happy Homicide still has a paying job in wrestling.

Can they at least throw Eddie Kingston in LAX? I mean, he is Puerto Rican.

Good stuff from EC3 vs Moose tonight. Kongo's rampage was fun with Laurel's antics throughout. Enjoyed the LAX/Patron Family main event, cool ending shot with Low Ki officially joining LAX. Destination X seems to be shaping up nicely.

The main event was pretty decent, Homicide ate a ton of shit on Hijo Dos Caras' dive, that looked brutal!

EC3 was great all night.

The only thing that didn't click for me was Drago v Xavier.  Thought the Lashley / Sydal hype videos were really good also.

• Like 1