DVDVR Message Board

RAW is If he dies, he dies. 7/3/2017

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

We would like to wish him all the best in his future endeavors :(

Man it is so going to suck when Roman wins on Sunday.   

And Brock. 

Joe brought the GOODS tonight. Although, to be fair, Brock played troll extremely well.

Where are they going with all the personal issues stuff for Angle? They literally mention it every week. Is he going to end up being blackmailed to get back in the ring? 

I did not see RAW, but I have seen that first post gif. Was Apollo supposed to complete a somersault, or did he just pick the wrong person to trust fall on to?

Bo Dallas dressing like he was cosplaying his relatives was great.  Complete with the black glove and the headband to hide the massive gig marks from the weekend activity

I guess Axel was trying to dress like AWA Cool Curt 

• Like 1

The build for Brock/Joe has been tremendous. I can't wait for the match. If WWE fucks this up, then I have no faith left in this company. As it is, I don't expect much anymore.

I enjoyed Balor/Cesaro, even with the interference at the end. I can't say I'm looking forward to the tag title match. The Hardy's don't really click with Cesaro & Sheamus. I did like a little of Broken Matt coming out on commentary.

Poor Apollo and Titus. Couldn't Roman at least make the save? What an asshole!

I'm bummed Tozawa/Neville is bumped to the pre-show. They deserve better.

• Like 1

Bo Dallas' new look was great. Give them three months in this gimmick and they'll be a solidly over tag team. All because The Miz associated himself with them.

My body is ready for Joe vs. Lesnar. It shouldn't be more than 10 minutes of pure chaos.

Reigns and Strowman will probably be pretty wild too.

The whole card looks really strong actually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Bo Dallas dressing like he was cosplaying his relatives was great.  Complete with the black glove and the headband to hide the massive gig marks from the weekend activity

I guess Axel was trying to dress like AWA Cool Curt 

Was background noise but did I hear Dean say Bo dressed like the One Man Gang at a cocktail party?  I laughed.

• Like 2

Just now, Peck said:

Was background noise but did I hear Dean say Bo dressed like the One Man Gang at a cocktail party?  I laughed.

Yes.   He also brought out the Dusty Rhodes "errand boy" promo against Kabuki when talking about Heath Slater.  Although he may have gotten the order wrong but that was because of how Graves set it up

Really like to see Heath beat the IC title.  Not expecting it but would be a nice shock

• Like 2

Joe screaming to Kurt "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! LET ME REMIND YOU WHO I AM!" as he charged off to war was freaking tremendous.

Also shout outs to Enzo Amore: Drop Bear just randomly falling from the sky to attack Cass back stage.

• Like 1

Credit to whoever realized that RAW has a deep roster and it makes no sense to have all those wrestlers in catering every Monday night.  Put them out there and see what happens.

That said, Braun should buy Apollo dinner tonight.  I cringed in legitimate pain over that match. :(

I thought the main actually helped Apollo and Titus.  Crews looked like a badass walking in to face Strowman and even got him off his feet.  Titus got a big reaction for trying to help his buddy.

• Like 3

two things:

(1) Neville and Mustafa Ali had a fantastic little match where Neville literally did nothing but push Mustafa off the top rope and a few kicks and it was a compelling, tight little story where even though we knew the end of it, was perfectly executed.

(2) Bray Wyatt taking credit (by being a god of chaos) for Cass turning on Enzo may actually end accidentally being a better story than what they've been trying to tell.  Of course, Bray also took credit for Samoa Joe choking out Brock Lesnar, so let's not get too excited. 

• Like 2

I think Apollo and Titus stepping up to Braun was good for them.  I was wondering exactly when was it that they turned face, actually.  Because they're actually good at it.  Knowing WWE, they're probably still heels. 

Brock trolling Joe was a wonderful asshole move. Titus Worldwide stepping up to Braun was neat to see. Miz/Slater was solid and I'm liking Axel & Bo as Miz's minions. Enzo promo starting off the show was good.

Raw was in general pretty good tonight. Everything did a nice job in building to Great Balls of Fire which is oddly enough the best built ppv this year.

10 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I think Apollo and Titus stepping up to Braun was good for them.  I was wondering exactly when was it that they turned face, actually.  Because they're actually good at it.  Knowing WWE, they're probably still heels. 

I would say it was during the past month when Titus was trying to sign Tozawa. He did a great job as a hype man pushing and defending Tozawa as worthy to dethrone Neville. Tonight when Titus helped out Apollo it further cemented it.

I am gonna be the odd man out and say that I thought Joe came off kinda bad this week.  They built just earlier in the show how his plan to take down Brock is complex, get inside his head blah blah blah.  He then maybe an hour later has his (long distance) face to face with Lesnar, tries to say something cute to Paul, Lensar cuts him off, laughs him off and Joe basically cannot take it and breaks.  It looked like Brock was living in his head and that Joe could not deal with it.

Also gotta note that there was one of those "dear god that should be the finish" moments in the main event and it basically was as Apollo I'm not sure was ever even conscious again.  After seeing so many hyped matches where that would be followed up by another 15 minutes of stuff it was nice.

Strowman's going to drive the ambulance back into the arena after dumping Reigns corpse in some alley and interrupt Joe vs Lesnar and make it a three-way. Apollo Crews will come out demanding a shot and for no apparent reason get a fluke victory over Joe and win the belt making the Titus Brand the top act in the company. You know you want it to happen. Reigns is then off TV for 10 months. He shows up with explosive amnesia and joins the Fashion Police.

• Like 3

There is only one way for this to end...

Ambulance vs. Ambulance on the roof of Cobo Hall.

Actually they could continue after that but it would involve splicing each of them genetically with ambulances so that they are half man half ambulance.

• Like 6

I also loved how, when Apollo was unconscious already and Braun was ragdolling his corpse around but would pull him up instead of pinning him, Titus would be like "Alright now! Way to stay in it! We're still in this! We got this!"

• Like 6