DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

• 2 weeks later...

I passed out around 10PM EST after playing 4 hours of Destiny 2.  Totally forgot that Klute was coming on.

Fiddler on the Roof comes on tomorrow night @ 10:30 PM EST.  I have no idea why they schedule epics like that so late in the evening.  There is no way I'm staying up until quarter to two on Saturday morning to see the end.

They also have Zorba The Greek and The Song of Bernadette in a double feature on Sunday night starting at 10PM and ending at the ungodly hour of 3:15 AM.  I've got no desire to stay up for The Song of Bernadette since I watch it every Christmas Day with my boo and my eyes get all puffy after weeping for hours.

They did have the good taste to schedule King Solomon's Mines at 4PM EST on Saturday afternoon when normal people with normal sleep patterns can watch it.

I will be in church when the Thief of Bagdad comes on Sunday morning at 10AM.  This is why God made the person that came up with the idea for the DVR.

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'd have countered with either Rollerball or Death Race 2000.

As mentioned in the movie thread, I did watch Rollerball last night instead of the game. 

TCM also showed Black Narcissus as part of 31 days of Oscar l

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Bunch of old school horror today starring Bela. Also, mask of fu Manchu with Boris and Myrna Loy.

tonight, lots of Liz Taylor, including national velvet and 2 lassie movies. 

I was leaving the house just as Freaks came on @ 8:30AM. :(

TCM Underground on Saturday Night / Sunday Morning has two classics on;

1:45AM:  Blood Simple directed by The Coen Brothers

3:45AM:  The Player directed by Robert Altman.

My favorite thing about the Player is how Altman delibertaely upset traditional expectations by having Cynthia Stevenson go topless and not Greta Scaachi. 

The second thing is Buck Henry pitching the Graduate sequel.

That reminds me that Bruce Willis might be the heavyweight champion of celebrities playing themselves in self deprecating movie cameos. And he still seems to be an asshole in real life. Go figure. 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

1:45AM:  Blood Simple directed by The Coen Brothers

Highest recommendation from this household. If you haven't seen it you better. M. Emmet Walsh is one of the best villains in screen history in that one and the end will put its boot directly in your ass. 

Watching Doctor Faustus and expecting Vincent Price to show up at any moment as Lucifer. 

That rotting corpse with the maggots was pretty gnarly

EDIT: Awww, no Vince, and they even blurred Lucifer's face. It still looks just like a '60s Corman Poe film. It's also kinda sorta hot trash, but that's neither here nor there.

EDIT II: Gianetto de Rossi was the makeup FX artist! And of last year HE IS/WAS STILL WORKING. Damn.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Monday has a bunch of 50s radiation related movies including Them! (Cant forget the ! Or JT will get mad at me) and a Japanese movie called the H Man I do not think I've seen before.  

I'm on graveyard shift for the next two weeks, so I may have to commandeer the television when I get to the office on Monday night.

I saw The H Man on Dr. Madblood's Groovie Movies when I was like ten at my grandparent's house in Norfolk.  I don't remember much so I'll have to check it out again.

Anyone who hasn't seen Them! yet should be ashamed of themselves.

Saturday: doris day as calamity Jane. And Soylent Green before a day of Easter related pictures.

Wednesday afternoon: the Walking Dead (1936) - a framed man comes back from the dead. Starring Boris Karloff, directed by Michael Curtiz 

I totally forgot to mention to Curt that Razorback would be on early this morning @ 2AM.  We watched it here at the office and it was fucking great.

I will be in church when Soylent Green is on tomorrow evening, but I have it on VHS somewhere with Silent Running and some other sci-fi epic.  I think it's Logan's Run..

My annual viewing of Ben-Hur will hit at 1PM tomorrow afternoon.  At least they put it on during the afternoon this year.  I hate it when it came on at seven or eight at night and I am up until midnight or one in the morning.

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

I totally forgot to mention to Curt that Razorback would be on early this morning @ 2AM.  We watched it here at the office and it was fucking great.

I appreciate you owning up to this, but you owe me. Goddammit. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT FUCKING RAZORBACK SHIT PISS CUNT FUCK SHIT

(forgive the profanity)

• Haha 1

I do indeed owe you one, Curt.

Ben-Hur is so great but it is soooooo long..

3:45 on Friday morning TCM will show the entire Sweeney Todd musical from 1982 with George Hearn and Angela Lansbury. 

Missed this early today: spirits of the dead, a Poe anthology movie with segments by Fellini, Malle, Vadim. Starring  bardot, Jane fonda, terence stamp, among others. Available on the tcm app.

Tuesday has michael douglas on a panel from the tcm film festival, followed by china syndrome and romancing the stone. 

Wednesday has a bunch of michael curtiz horror films.