DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

While I think that they largely got the look of the Skrulls right, I do feel they look a little bit Dark Elf-ish.

LOVE the look of everything else. I (and yeah, many, many others) had that same NIN shirt in high school so I'm 100% down for this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

While I think that they largely got the look of the Skrulls right, I do feel they look a little bit Dark Elf-ish.

LOVE the look of everything else. I (and yeah, many, many others) had that same NIN shirt in high school so I'm 100% down for this.

Agree with you. Here's the Skrulls concept art I prefer:

340?cb=20170907093507

DmWTxylWwAADiA9?format=jpg

1 hour ago, Casey said:

That’s not really an article that needs to be wrote. The only thing that changes in the MCU timeline is that this movie is inserted in between the first Cap and Iron Man movies.

Need ain't got nuthin to do with it sir

• Like 2

Oh, I know. But it's still pointless. Which I guess is 90% of internet articles these days, especially on websites that cater to audiences like us.

Also that Skrull concept art isn't too far off from what we're getting in the Captain Marvel movie. I don't see much of a difference, besides the ears being more pointy and the final product having a variation of the Thanos chin.

So the thing I don't understand is, if Wanda got her Powers from the Mind Gem, why are they to do with altering reality, and use the colour red? That's a different stone entirely.

Well, you don't get a No-Prize for pointing out an abnormality, you get one for explaining it. At the time the Maximoffs were being empowered, the mind stone was in Loki's sceptre, which was ostensibly being powered by the Tesseract. Now we know the Infinity Stones are themselves sentient, and so can presumably also cooperate. So I propose that, having first used the Space Stone to give Quicksilver the ability to move through space rapidly (or something), the Mind Stone then sensed that somewhere in the universe Thor the Dark World was occurring, and the Reality stone was becoming free from it's Time locked interdimensional safe. So the Mind Stone used the Space Stone as a conduit to imbue Wanda with the Powers and characteristics of the Reality stone... Which then used up the last of the Tesseract energy it had left, allowing Tony Stark to see the Yellow Stone hidden inside the Sceptre when the Avengers eventually recaptured it. Which was the mind stone's plan all along.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:41 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Apparently the crew was told to go home.  Looks like there won't be a GOTG for a long time.  They should just do Rocket and Groot. 

That's true. I was there. The GA crew was told to find other work. As far as working for Marvel goes, that's pretty serious, bc they'll keep you on retainer just to have you around when they need you....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Marvel Movies set in space still seem to be the best Marvel movies.

Seeing Bree Larson in her Captain Marvel battle suit makes me wish someone had been more serious about a Metroid script so that she could've been cast as Samus Aran.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Marvel Movies set in space still seem to be the best Marvel movies.

Seeing Bree Larson in her Captain Marvel battle suit makes me wish someone had been more serious about a Metroid script so that she could've been cast as Samus Aran.

Cosmic MCU is the best MCU.

Also, I will never be able to unsee her as Samus so thanks for that. Hey, maybe make it a race to see what happens first. An honest to goodness follow up to the Metroid Prime series or a Metroid movie.