DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

On 5/1/2017 at 10:11 PM, AxB said:

What would a Smashing Pumpkins cover of Fuck Tha Police sound like?

On 5/1/2017 at 10:54 PM, PetrolCB said:

I don't know, but I bet James Iha would come up with a cool solo for it. 

That Corgan will overdub with his own solo. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so I had this fever dream that Kahagas and Kongo Kong were in a match for the NWA World Title. 

It was more like a Godzilla movie.

We're three years early, but it can be used as a tie in to Godzilla vs. Kong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I mean, that was part of it's marketing and target audience rolled into one with that sentence.

Pretty much, except for

1. The reason I've seen it a bunch is that I'll turn it on when it's on TV, which is the only place I've ever watched it, 

2. I've never seen it all the way through in one sitting, and 

3. And -- I'm pretty sure on this -- I've actually never watched it while high. 

Yet I own the Chappelle Show DVDs and can quote them at length. Go figure.

I giggle every time I read the word "Kahagas". Had no idea who he was, looked him up, and now understand the Godzilla reference. 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I'm an idiot. Got Jodi confused with Jardi Frantz, who almost got MPW kicked out of their venue due to being rather sloppy with his popsicle.

Without any context I'm sure this is what I think it is.  Even with context I'm still sure this is what I think it is.  Either way that sounds pretty gross.

• Like 3

Dave wrote a longish History of the NWA type piece (mainly the business side) in the new WON.

I am posting a specific blurb since it was a question that came up

The belief is once the deal is official, that Corgan will make a public announcement, but right now the line is that they are exploring any and all options. The idea is to try and create history to explain the NWA and value of its championships. A major issue is that virtually all the key video footage is owned by WWE.

Tharpe and Valerie Boesch, the widow of Paul Boesch, do own the Houston Wrestling collection which would have footage of many of the major NWA champions. Due to complications in their deal, and that the NWA on Demand subscription website never gained any kind of significant traction, it was not part of this deal, and Tharpe will continue to operate it. Tharpe at times has had talks of selling the collection to WWE, but the sides could never agree on a price, which was one of the reasons they attempted to market it the way they did.

Corgan should just retcon the NWA Title as:

1993 - Flair,

Title vacated

1994 - Candido

1995 until present - Dan Severn

its not like anyone was keeping track in the meantime, if any of the holders since 95 have any issues tell them to take it up with the beast.  

#SevernismyNWAchamp

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Been done. mate:

That's proof that Billy Corgan spoken word would never work. He's definitely no Henry Rollins. I'd also like to forget Samoa Joe ever having a dick drawn on his face.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's proof that Billy Corgan spoken word would never work. He's definitely no Henry Rollins. I'd also like to forget Samoa Joe ever having a dick drawn on his face.

Rollins spoken word shows are awesome. Unlike the other Rollins, whose spoken words on shows are not. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Rollins spoken word shows are awesome. Unlike the other Rollins, whose spoken words on shows are not. 

Henry Rollins spoken word was one of the most entertaining shows I've ever been to. I saw both his spoken word and the Rollins Band in 2005. Few things are better than a random drunk guy that was old enough to be my dad singing "Liar" in my face.

• Like 2