DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 hours ago, J.T. said:

I was sitting behind the cameraman during this match.  I am very angry that I did not make it into the footage.

I was on the other side of the ring. I'm thankful that I'm not visible in the footage. :\

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:23 PM, Web Conn said:

God, Billy Corgan looks less and less like the frontman of the Smashing Pumpkins and more and more like the stereotypical money mark sleazy wrestling promoter every day.

All he needs to complete that ensemble is a fanny pack.

• Like 4

What are the chances that Storm defends successfully here? I think it helps the long term goal of making Aldis' win look like a bigger deal if he has a little bit of trouble getting there. They have done such a great job with making these videos and bringing back some of the shine to the title, I would hate to see them jump right to Aldis and miss an opportunity to string this out a little while longer.

• Like 2

i've never looked more forward to a match between two people who i've never seen wrestle. well, i saw Tim Storm's last match in Hollywood a week or two ago, but that was a glorified squash. I am completely on board with this new and improved NWA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2017 at 12:53 PM, twiztor said:

i've never looked more forward to a match between two people who i've never seen wrestle. well, i saw Tim Storm's last match in Hollywood a week or two ago, but that was a glorified squash. I am completely on board with this new and improved NWA.

Agreed. Crazy what a couple YouTube videos can do huh?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 10:10 AM, J.T. said:

God, Billy Corgan looks less and less like the frontman of the Smashing Pumpkins and more and more like the stereotypical money mark sleazy wrestling promoter every day.

All he needs to complete that ensemble is a fanny pack.

Billy runs a tea shop about 15 minutes from my house. I’ll stop by some time and let him know you said that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Billy runs a tea shop about 15 minutes from my house. I’ll stop by some time and let him know you said that

While you're snitchin', see if you can get him to post on the board..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is really amazing stuff. Can’t believe how much they have me caring about Tim Storm. Especially the parts where he talked about his teaching career.

They’re gonna revive this thing. Props to Corgan and Lagana. 

Maybe once Impact drops below 200k and gets booted off POP, they can get picked up.

• Like 3

So Corgan is not just the money mark, he's the money mark that actually gives a shit. 

Suddenly this thread has turned from the starting of a dumpster fire to the extinguishing of a dumpster fire.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Suddenly this thread has turned from the starting of a dumpster fire to the extinguishing of a dumpster fire.

Only other time I can recall that happening was the Hardy thread

• Like 3

I'm an old school NWA mark and I'd LOVE to see it gain some of the luster of the old days. If it takes that guy that sounds like Cartman when he sings to get it done, so be it. I'm in!

So it's been about a handful of times you've been able to sit down with Dave and Billy to discuss plans?

Not even that. Our schedules are so vast and varied. Dave and Billy took a 30-day ride together in an RV all over the country this last summer. They basically laid out plans and a lot of the initial planning came between those two guys. They're the brains and the heart of putting all of this together. Just the fact that I get to be even the smallest part is just fantastic for me.

Every time you think this new NWA can't get more awesome...

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/nwa-champion-tim-storm-on-working-with-billy-corgan-w511273

• Like 4

Its really not a surprise how awesome this is.

Lagana and Corgan managed to give Impact their best year of booking in 2016 while having to deal with all the nonsense of that company. Its a shame he didn’t get control of it.

They’re going to do great with this. He not only understands wrestling but he understands more than anyone in a creative role today how to brand build.