DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - MAY

RIPPA

Normally it is really fun to mock the Mets or more specifically their doctors but I am thinking a lot of this one falls on Thor

I DON'T NEED A MRI!!! I AM THOR!!!

Whoops...

Nope, still the Mets.

No matter what the sport, a player is always going to say he can play; to do otherwise invites the Jay Cutler treatment. It's on the doctors to tell him that he's a dumbass, and the Mets to tell him that the doctors are right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Why? It's the Mets. 

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were on fire and I had to urinate I wouldn't piss on you.

• Like 3

Saw on the ESPN crawl that Adam Jones said that he was subjected to racial abuse from the Boston fans. This would come as no surprise to anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes in Boston.

I'd amend that to less than 30 seconds. I've always found it interesting that probably the most stereotypically liberal state in the country has a city like that, but nothing astonishes me anymore.

59 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'd amend that to less than 30 seconds. I've always found it interesting that probably the most stereotypically liberal state in the country has a city like that, but nothing astonishes me anymore.

I know people who are hardcore Bernie/Hillary/Obama Democrats who drop the N word at the drop of a hat so that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I bet some of them don't realise that it's racism. Either that, or we're forgetting that sports fans are what used to be known round these parts as the dirt worst.

I'd get back on topic, but I clearly don't know what baseball is because I'm a Jays fan.

I'm a Brewers fan, if this is baseball, we're not doing it very well overall. Just random insanity left and right.

It really sucks for Adam, but team owners and MLB are taking this seriously.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-reaction-orioles-adam-jones-racial-slurs-20170502-story.html

There's no excuse for this kind of shit in sports, or life for that matter.  Regardless of how you feel about Adam or the Orioles there's no place for this.  As for Boston, even the most liberal/progressive/whateveryoucallit of towns have racist assholes in them.