DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I fully planned on starting to kill Barons last night but when I got to the Forgotten Shore I realized all the bounties reset so I spent a hour doing that and I went to bed.

Granted part of this is because I have that thing from Ikora where I need to do 20 bounties.

I wish this game gave me anything other than Grenade Launchers

I have actually found the version of the Edge Transit I have to be fairly useful, especially since I can rapid fire it against bosses who are all fucking huge in size. That said I really wish they would give me a damn legendeary rocket launcher again or a sword. A sword would be nice too.

I have gotten like 4 Edge Transits - I legit don't know if any other heavy exists in the game anymore.

I finally killed a Baron... wheee!

I might be overlevelled now for some of these beginning ones.

And fuck pikes

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have gotten like 4 Edge Transits - I legit don't know if any other heavy exists in the game anymore.

I finally killed a Baron... wheee!

I might be overlevelled now for some of these beginning ones.

And fuck pikes

I have gotten probably damn near a dozen Edge Transits so feel lucky to be at 4. Other heavies exists. Most just seem to either suck or be blue. Everything else just seems exceedingly rare for whatever damn reason. Maybe if I get a higher LL or do more Dreaming City shit I will see better gear.

If you are at 500 or above you are over-leveled for the main story stuff. Its fine. You want to be.

A fully drawn bow will one-shot pikes outside of the Scorn boss variants.

My problem is my bow is still shit. I think it dropped at 411.

Yes I know I could infuse it but I just assumed better versions would drop.

And Kotaku actually has a article up today basically saying Edge Transit is the best weapon in the game which I wasn't expecting to see.

I don't think I got other bows until I finished the Baron stories. Just infuse the bow. The other variants are secondary weapons anyways, and you definitely want one for at least occasional primary use.

I just saw that Kotaku article. That felt half joking and half serious.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

So has anyone done an Ascendant Challenge yet?

Nope, I finally stopped screwing around long enough to finish repairing my broken Dreaming City talisman just this morning.  And, fuck.

Spoiler

God, Mis was right.  

Mara Sov, is still alive?  How? That is some major league horse crap right there... 

Both she and her brother survived a battle in space with a Hive death god who personally wiped out every other living soul in the Awoken armada?  The Sov siblings are truly the cockroaches of the solar system.

I am relieved and annoyed that she is still around.  Mara's pretty hot for a video game character and she checks off my two female type weakness blocks in that 1) She has short hair and 2) She's a complete lunatic, but the whole magical teleportation escape from an exploding starship seems like the worst Soap Opera-y fan service story bullshit I've ever experienced.

It was cool to find out who Riven is or was.  I have to say that the quality game lore going on in the DLC is pretty astounding.

I wanted to poke Petra in her good eye after we finished speaking to the Queen over the Oracle thingie that looked like Aughra's cosmology model from the movie, The Dark Crystal. 

Petra tried to play off Uldren's escapades on the Taken corruption, when from my point of view it seemed like that mother fucker knew exactly what he was doing when he killed Cayde.  The Scorn thing?  Maybe not so much..  

I suppose Petra was trying to show some diplomacy since the Queen was chatting it up with the two people who were the last ones to see her brother alive (and one of us killed him), but Uldren deserved the bullet that (hopefully) I put into his dome.

Now that my way to the Dreaming City is open, I really do need to get off of my ass and start putting together an arsenal of the Awoken guns and get some of those hawt like fire Reverie Dawn armor pieces for my Hunter.  You can't feel good if you don't look good.

It would also help if I hung around the Blind Well and maybe backed into another Seed of Light so I can start working on another Hunter super.....

In other shit, I am glad I checked my Triumphs before shredding my full set of S4 Crucible armor after getting a Clash win by the skin of my teeth and putting one of my last purple bounties to bed. 

I had one of those Clash matches where you refuse to let your team lose (YOU MISERABLE FUCKS NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING~!!! TEAM SHOOT, IDIOTS~!!).  With Trials on hold, S4 Crucible is far sweatier than S3.  It's so stressful...  I hate it... almost...

Anyway,  keep your full S4 PvP armor set handy after you get your win and cash in your purple bounty to Lord Shaxx for getting the duke while kitted out all in Wing Contender regalia , because there is a Season 4:  Armor triumph where you have to collect a full set of PvP armor AND then either kack or assist in the kacking 100 opponents while wearing it.  Thank God it's not 100 final blows, because that would suck.  Shred the armor or keep it for infusion fodder AFTER you unlock the Triumph.

I grinded out 80 defeated guardians today before heading to bed, but I feel naked competing in PvP without my Foetracer crutch so I am playing rather conservatively and trying to kill a lot without dying too much.   My lifetime ER is up to 1.56, so I am doing something right.

I'll finish up the final bits of the Triumph tomorrow afternoon after Reset when new PvP bounties are up and I get in my first nap of the day.  Night duty can eat a bag of dicks.  The money's good but the feeling of perpetual fatigue blows goats.

I am a retard.  I just figured out today that this Pulse Rifle thing I have in my Pursuits queue is the quest for the Redrix's Broadsword.  I will grind it out as much as I can to see where it goes, but I'm pretty sure I won't reset my Valor enough times to finish the quest before the Season ends.  On the plus side, I unlocked Pulse Rifle Mastery today for my Crucible triumphs.

I also did the final mission for the Ace of Spades quest this morning..  Holy fuck, Bungie.  That shit hit me right in the feels. :(

Spoiler

Every story has an end.  This one's mine...

Once I started clipping enemies in Gambit today (WE WON~!) to see how the Ace performed, I was like "Last Word what?"  What an amazing fucking hand cannon!

I wish I were better at Mixer and video editing shit so that I could've made a YouTube worthy montage of my Gambit match today with this as the background track:

The outro is tailor made for the six-shot Golden Gun super.

I am a pathetic person with horrible OCD.  I pulled the Ace of Spades emblem out of mothballs to have on now that I am wearing the Cayde memorial cloak and have inherited Cayde's jumpship and his Sparrow, and now I am wielding his personal hand cannon.

I am now totally coordinated... Small things make me happy.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love playing Gambit.  HOLY SHIT, IT IS SO MUCH FUN~!!

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My problem is my bow is still shit. I think it dropped at 411.

Yes I know I could infuse it but I just assumed better versions would drop.

And Kotaku actually has a article up today basically saying Edge Transit is the best weapon in the game which I wasn't expecting to see.

Edge Transit ain't got shit on my Play Of The Game with Spike Grenades / Rangefinder / Rampage and a Boss Spec mod. 

That fucking thing eats Prime Evils for breakfast and still blasts Guardians out of their boots in PvP.

And what Eivion said.  I have a 510-ish No Turning Back with Explosive Payload / Hip Fire and a Free Grip mod for bonus Hip Fire accuracy, and I can hip fire / one shot most Pike riders off of their rides.

Personally, I wouldn't infuse your 411 Combat Bow (unless you really like it and it has good perks) since your assumption is correct and you will get higher LL weapons once you hit 50 and are over the soft LL cap of 500. 

Also, Eivion is correct in that once you are done with the main story campaign, the other Combat Bows that fit in your Energy Weapon slot should start dropping for you as well as higher LL versions of No Turning Back which fits in your Kinetic slot.  The Arsenic Bite-4b is a particularly sexy looking Energy Weapon / Combat Bow and it is very PvP and PVE friendly.

If it were me, I'd just cross my fingers and hope that one of the Prime Engrams that will eventually drop for you turns into a Combat Bow with decent perks.  Gear infusion is far too resource intense to do on the regular.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

And now you're making want to try to complete the Ace of Spades quest. Curse you. I only have one damn Gambit kill so far.

If I can complete that quest, anyone can.

The best advice I can give as far as the Gambit kills go is simply to play Gambit with the intent of helping your team to win matches and eventually the Invader kills will fall in line.

Any hand cannon will do, but I highly recommend using Crimson since it is a Pulse Rifle in the palm of your hand and the Healing Proc you get after Precision Kills and the bonus to ammo reserves after getting a kill will help tremendously in the Gambit and Crucible steps of the Ace quest.

Oh, and Rippa.  Pay attention to your Triumphs while you are out killing Barons.  Let's just say that there are extra Triumph points in it for you for the Trickster and Mindbender encounters for meeting certain criteria.  Use YouTube to cheat.

I unlocked the Triumph for the Mindbender fight on the first go thanks to the Destiny Guides channel on YouTube and now that I have gained access to the Dreaming City, I'm hoping I can eventually do the Trickster fight over again to unlock that Triumph.

And I nearly forgot that I got the Holiday Family History marker for my Pursuits after completing the Dreaming City mission, so now I suppose I have to invest in a good shotgun and start chipping away at this Chaperone quest.

I also forgot that the Wardcliff Coil catalyst dropped for me after I knocked out a Heroic Strike so that I could cash in a Vanguard Scrapper Bounty I got while shredding Blues during the Daily Heroic Story mission.  Now that I have the catalyst, I feel compelled to fabricate a Wardcliff Coil and masterwork it.  Yet another distraction to occupy my time. 

Furthermore, OCD is forcing me to try to remember which Exotic Weapons I have previously completed catalysts for so that I can recreate them from my Collections and keep them in my Vault for eventual infusion.  I won't bother refabricating the Exotic Weapons in my Collections that I don't have catalysts for.  That is a waste of time and resources.

I am always amused when JT and his constant desire to not take advantage of his newly expanded vault space, shreds something he should keep

Immediately after the bow conversation - I got a 500 void bow to drop.

I am roughly 506 LL so I am good there

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am always amused when JT and his constant desire to not take advantage of his newly expanded vault space, shreds something he should keep.

On the contrary, I don't shred stuff that I should keep.  I am never ever getting rid of my ramen ticket or any of Ana Bray's Latent Memories. 

I do not believe the "this item can be safely deleted" bullshit.

I am sitting at 515 LL right now, but that will change once I scrape together enough cores to infuse this ugly 521 LL Scatterhorn Helmet into my Foetracer and once I am done with the Season 4:  Armor triumph for my Crucible MoTs, this 520 Wing Contender cloak is going poof into my Cayde Memorial Cape.

• Like 1

I always have enough cores to do at least one infusion a day since I buy 3 from Spider each day. I'm currently  524 LL. I can go as high as 530. I just don't want to infuse certain things since the increase isn't much on specific items.

JT - I haven’t done Mindbender yet so if you are on the same time as me this weekend you can get it that way

Granted I know both of our schedules are stupid right now

Edit - nor do I think I did the Trickster since I reread your post

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

JT - I haven’t done Mindbender yet so if you are on the same time as me this weekend you can get it that way

Granted I know both of our schedules are stupid right now

Edit - nor do I think I did the Trickster since I reread your post

Yeah, I got the Triumph

Spoiler

and the emblem

for the Mindbender mission.  

I bulldozed my way through the Trickter encounter since I found the first part to be incredibly frustrating, so I totally mind farted on checking to see if there was a Triumph associated with the mission. 

Don't wait for me if you still have Barons to kill but we're both online this weekend at the same time and you haven't dealt with the Trickster yet, I'd like to tag along if you don't mind.  

I think I also remember the trick for the Mindbender dealie, so I can help you out there too.

And our schedules are indeed ridiculously stupid for the time being.

Oh, and yeah.

If you have read the Cayde-6 lore, you know that Cayde's Ghost is named Sundance and it (she?) is a "Girl Ghost" like Osiris's Ghost, Sagira.

I was thinking to myself that the only way that this DLC could've been more soul crushing than it already was, was if they had assigned a voice actress to Sundance and we could hear her talking to Cayde-6.... including the dialogue part where she's destroyed by the Rifleman.

I think Rippa's wife might have punched him during that cut scene before breaking into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.

As it stands now, the final mission for the Ace of Spades has been the moment in the game where I actually had to put my Guardian in orbit after the mission so that I could take a moment to process the feels.

Speaking of the Rifleman, Rippa, there is also a Trimph associated with that mission, but it is dirt simple to complete on the first try if you are not an idiot like me..

Spoiler

Just remember when you shoot his first decoy and are prompted to locate the others, DO NOT RELOAD THE GUN THAT YOU ARE USING~!

Locate the next decoy, shoot it, collect the widget that drops, go look for the next one, and once you start shooting, don't switch guns or reload the gun that you are using to take out the decoys.

I had to cancel the mission on my first go and redo it to unlock the Triumph.... because I was dumb and started off shooting his decoys with my Combat Bow.. DOH~!

I have only done the Rider and the Hangman

Funnily I did the Hangman by accident because I was going to do the Mad Bomber and I wasn't paying attention and I went to the wrong adventure marker

Speaking of the Rifleman - it was really fucking random

Yesterday I was over in the Jetsam of Saturn killing hive for Spider's bounty and in the middle of my chaos, the Rifleman just pops up fighting with other random enemies.

What was weird about it though was there wasn't a single other person on my map. I have to assume that SOMEONE was doing the adventure but I never saw them and after like a minute the Rifleman just vanished too. I didn't think Barons just roamed freely so yeah I am guess it had to be a weird server thing

Whenever the Rifleman appears it means someone has the adventure goign on. Its weird, but he is the only Baron who does that.

So a team beat the newest raid last night and apparently unlocked new shit for all in the Dreaming City including a new quest for powerful that seemingly unlocks another quest that isn't available yet.  Haven't done the new one yet, but that is pretty cool. I'm curious to see how much more shit they do like that.

Yeah, I got the message this morning.  Congrats to that unit.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was either Datto's clan or some of Mr. Fruit's people.  They all seem to enjoy the bragging rights that comes with being first at doing something in the game.

I am up to a five match win streak in Gambit, so I am good in my own little mediocre gaming kingdom.  I also knocked out the Season 4:  Armor thing for my Crucible triumphs, so I am happy that I will never ever ever have to wear a full set of PvP armor ever again.. or so I hope.

Now that my Collection items are fabricating at the soft cap of 500 LL. I am slowly rebuilding my arsenal of the Exotic Weapons that I have the either completed catalysts, unlocked the ornaments, or both.  

So far I have refabricated the following:

• Crimson
  • Polaris Lance
  • Coldheart
  • DARCI
  • Rat King 
  • Vigilance Wing
  • Sunshot

I was going to fabricate my Tractor Cannon and Sleeper Stimulant, but I ran out of Weaponsmith parts and then got distracted by shiny new Gambit bounties. 

I don't think will bother refabricating Sturm since Drang did not get a Season 4 double perk bump (the devs could've at least added Auto-Loading Holster to it) and the Season 4 fabrication version is stuck with a Solar element which I thought was stupid given that the quest line is heavy on Fallen enemies, so IMO Drang should've been an Arc weapon.

RNG decided to hate on my OCD and drop three new catalysts on me over the past couple of days so now I have three new Exotic Weapons to get up to snuff.. 

I got the Wardcliff Coil catalyst yesterday while helping a clan mate with his Weekly Heroic Strike challenge and then the Merciless catalyst dropped for me when I was running Heroic Strikes to grind the Wardcliff Coil catalyst while Arc Singe was still active.

To add insult to injury, I got the Jade Rabbit catalyst in the match where my Season 4: Armor triumph turned over, so now I have to fit in some Scout Rifle murder while grinding this damn Redrix's Broadsword quest and I don't have a good shotgun yet to start grinding the Chaperone quest that is now in my Pursuits queue.

I am also still two Ancient Apocalypse armor pieces shy of being able to knock out the purple bounty for getting a win in Gambit while wearing a full set of Gambit armor.

I am slowly being overwhelmed by extracurricular.

And what Eivion said.  The Barons do not free wander, but they do show up in the Open World when someone has the mission active. 

Other players can help you with the Open World parts of the encounter but eventually the Baron will retreat to an area only reachable by the player running the mission and whomever is on his fireteam.

Now I know why Titan and Warlock mains hate Hunters.  Hunters have at least one if not two Exotic Armor items that directly benefit the use of the Combat Bow and I don't think that Titans or Warlocks have any.

Finally got some exotics that heavy weapons that aren't the Edge Transit. Found JT's beloved Play of the Game, and the newest Dreaming City mission gave me a Forsaken sword called Abide the Return.  I also found a neat energy hand cannon called Waking Vigil which fires pretty damn fast hip or aiming and reloads super fast as well.

Did the new Dreaming City strike as well. I dug it a decent bit though having to watch out for giant floating rocks isn't the most fun.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am up to a five match win streak in Gambit, so I am good in my own little mediocre gaming kingdom.  I also knocked out the Season 4:  Armor thing for my Crucible triumphs, so I am happy that I will never ever ever have to wear a full set of PvP armor ever again.. or so I hope.

I did mine either yesterday or the day before. Gambit is actually the last of those I need a full armor set to complete. I'm missing the leg and chest armors.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finally got some exotics that heavy weapons that aren't the Edge Transit. Found JT's beloved Play of the Game, and the newest Dreaming City mission gave me a Forsaken sword called Abide the Return. 

I also found a neat energy hand cannon called Waking Vigil which fires pretty damn fast hip or aiming and reloads super fast as well.

Hmm.  I also have a Waking Vigil hand cannon that came with Hip Fire and Auto Load.  I got it on the mission that gave me access to the Dreaming City.

It dropped at 523 LL and it has a cool weapon skin, but I will probably infuse it into my Gambit scout rifle and see if I can get another Waking Vigil with a different roll. 

I need to build up my Gambit arsenal and most of my Primaries either have Outlaw or Rampage, so they don't synergize well with a gun in the Energy Weapon slot that has Auto Load. 

I suppose I could use it with the Ace as a clean-up weapon during the gunfights where I go blind and miss the shots that get Memento Mori to proc, but why do that when you have a Vestian Dynasty that has Dragonfly just like the Ace does?

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Gambit is actually the last of those I need a full armor set to complete. I'm missing the leg and chest armors.

I am missing the arms and the Hunter cloak.

The Waking Vigil is nice, but I will probably be using it more for occasional quick draw fun and the hand cannon parts of the Ace of Spades quest. Otherwise using my Sunshot or a bow seem like the smarter options. I wish it was a kinetic weapon. Then I could use it with the Sunshot.

I caught up a little last night with strikes while trying to complete my armor set - Zavala was mean to me

Ironically I am closest on completing my Crucible set and I haven't played that in a week. I just need a chest piece to drop.