DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

A thought I had during stream yesterday: 

we should be farming planetary materials this week. 

There really is nothing else to do right now since milestones are so easy to complete, and it looks like we will be needing them for upgrades now.

I started doing that a day or two ago though nothing much yet outside of Mars material since I wanted to try finishing up the sleeper nodes ( I'm at 33).

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I played Crucible this afternoon for the first time since the changes

Boy was I not thrilled with it

It's hard out there for a pimp

Anybody else notice heavy hasn't been dropping as frequently from yellowbar enemies since the update?

So I tried helping people with the whisper today.  I was able to help a few but it was made significantly harder due to no heavy ammo dropping in the mission.  

When ahead an preodered Forsaken this morning so I am pot-committed until RDR2

Did not buy the Annual Pass because that will just be a waste of money.

If I get gift cards for Xmas - that might change

I have been on and off all weekend, but never on long enough for Mis to drag me to Whisper Victory.

Cleared 3 Wave 7 Bosses over four days.  No SMG and now out of Cache Keys.

Ten runs of Strange Terrain over four days and No Osprey.

Satan and his demons are in league against me.

Pre-ordered my copy on Saturday.  Waiting for my phone call to tell me my copy is in the store.

Lost a couple of Gambit matches but still had fun.

The Crucible is shit now thanks to the return of D1 shotgun zerging, but now it's on 'roids.  There is a special place in Hell reserved for players running Perfect Paradox / Hawthornes in their Primary Slot, IKELOS shotty in their Special Slot, and Legend of Acrius / Tractor Cannon in their Heavy Slot.

Been playing the last 2-3 hours trying to get used to the changes and doing the first mission.

The need of Masterwork cores for infusion is bs. It was also kind of dickish of them to up the amount of materials needed after the first update had it at ten. It feels like they want to force you to use the newer stuff to an extent.

I really wish I had left my damn mods alone. I still had quite a few, but it would have been more rewarding to break them down after the update.

That first mission was good fun before it got dark. Nolan North as Cayde just sounds wrong. Every time he speaks I can't help, but think of Nathan Fillion instead. The lines and delivery they were looking for makes it even worse. I wish they could have made whatever scheduling issues popped up work. Still the feels were there, especially once you get back to the city and talk to Amanda.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

So, since this is on PS+ this month, I picked it up to play around.  Is there a DVDVR clan or should I see if I'm gonna stick around before I join?

Yeah - there is still a DVDVR clan

You can at least get some small bonuses if you join

I'm pleased we can buy glimmer now. It makes extra use out of the 600+ legendary shards I have (and I can still get hundreds more due to shaders).

Shotguns aren't a favorite, but I think I like them a hell of a lot more out of my heavy weapon slot. Still I prefer the new bow as as a primary. I do hate that Year 1 weapons can't take mods. On the other hand, fuck them. I will never let go of my Sunshot.

I do love mods for armors actually showing the aditoinal stats. My recovery is probably  the highest its been at 6.

Only done the second Forsaken mission so far, but I'm digging it.

I only did the Flashpoint (and a few bounties) in the process

I am trying to level up a little bit and get some of the newer weapons while making sure I have all the mechanics down

My wife requested that I do the story missions when she is around so who knows when I will tackle Forsaken. My kid's back to school night is tonight so I am sure I will pass out as soon as I get home.

Three barons down.  Three to go.

My thoughts so far.

• Marked when Cayde took advantage of his immortality and took the express route to the bottom of the Prison, died, and then his Ghost revived him.  I love the new cutscenes that incorporate game mechanics into them.
  • RIP, Cayde.
  • I wanted to punch Zavala in the face.  I realize he had a valid point, but holy fuck.  That's your homie on the table.  I suppose if he agreed with Ikora and gone out for blood on their own, we players would have nothing to do this season.
  • It feels so weird to be wearing Blue again. 
  • Scatterhorn armor is pretty fucking ugly.
  • Boss fights have been a pain in the ass even though they are challenging and fun.  My favorite so far has been the Mad Bomber hunt.  I had to take a page out of the Borderlands fight with Mad Mel and kill the Racer with my Bow while I was on foot and taking cover inside one of the tunnels.  Trickster fight was not fun because there is no tutorial that tells you that you can *gasp* throw the decoy engrams like they were grenades.  The way to victory is not very intuitive. It took me ten minutes of dying to figure that out that I could nuke rushers with the trapped engrams and now my OCD hopes you can redo the missions after you beat the campaign since there are Triumphs involved for accomplishing certain heroic-y things during boss fights.  i think you have to kill five enemies with a trapped engram during the Trickster fight.
  • Purged my Vault because everything was garbage.  All of the Exotics I have unlocked so far can be fabricated from my Collections at 400ish LL and have the new perk / mod system.
  • I love my bow so much. 
  • I don''t think that throwing a bajillion knives will ever stop being old.  Can't wait to unlock the other Hunter supers.
  • So now i have to complete clan bounties to get Clan XP and I don't get any Clan XP for activities or Flashpoints..  That sucks.  I kinda hate everything being bounty based because I usually forget to stack them when I am running around.
  • Like 1

I wasn’t even able to get on last night. Hate this time of year so much.

My wife has back to school night at her school so I will probably Flashpoint with my Warlock and futz around in Crucible since I already have a bunch of bounties for that.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Purged my Vault because everything was garbage.  All of the Exotics I have unlocked so far can be fabricated from my Collections at 404 LL.  I will test to see if Season 4 Exotic armor spawns with two perks if you get it from your Collection. I will also check to see if I can create Season 3 reward weapons with Season 4 mod system. 

Huh, thinking about you make a good damn point. I think I will be doing some cleaning when i wake up later.

Bungie hates Season 3 swords.  None of them Masterwork in the new Tier system, so I am afraid to use one.  I'm packing a grenade launcher since it is the one Heavy Weapon class I don't consistently blow myself up while using it.

Exotic armor that you fabricate from your collections has pre-specified perks.  They aren't random.  I kinda hate having my Foetracer on because the weapon buff is for SMGs which I have traditionally hated.

The Mindbender is now taking a dirt nap and I cheated to find his secret chest.  Now I have to solve the riddle of the Rifleman and this one clip only bullshit with his decoys.