DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

We beat the Normal Leviathan raid last night and I finally have the first upgrade for my LoA shotgun.  It's up to 381 after one infusion and I can finally store it in my Vault if I want to.  We had four clan members on the raid fireteam and two LFG randos.

Ellis's Sherpa skills are getting pretty good.  I don't suck as much as I used to as far as raid mechanics go, but I still need a lot of seasoning.  I'll get better at the raid the more I do it, provided that we still give a shit about it after Forsaken kicks in.

Ellis decided to make things interesting so we did not fight the Castellum Guard to gain access to the chambers; we ran the Underbelly of Caius's planet killer capital ship.  I kept marveling over my surroundings and how much effort Bungie must've put into level design..... and I got lost several times.   I am dumb.

Ellis wanted me to get out of my comfort zone, so he made me run Prism last night on Warbeasts.  It was kinda scary and I was terrified of fucking up and causing a wipe, but it only took two tries for us to clear the checkpoint. 

We stalled on Gauntlet for about an hour.

We had a squeaker on our team that would not shut the fuck up and he annoyed the shit out of everyone. 

We gave him a pass early on in the raid because he did not get anybody killed during Warbeasts and he did not get lost while running Underbelly, but he had no clue how Gauntlet worked and we wiped six times because he constantly shot the wrong gates and kept forgetting to punch his Psion. 

We ended up booting the kid.  He spammed five party invites before he got the hint.

The second guy we got was as good as the first dude.  We cleared Gauntlet on the next go and went on to clear Baths in one try.  Everyone knew what to do, as they say.

It took a couple of attempts to clear the Throne Room but we finally put Calus's LMD down.  We had four guys with Whispers and I had my Sleeper, so there was plenty of DPS to go around.

I got raid tokens, raid gauntlets, and the dumb rocket launcher, so I shredded the launcher and infused the gauntlets into the EoW gauntlets I got last week. 

I used the raid tokens to buy a Shadow Cloak from the Raid Vendor at the Tower, so now I need chest armor and a helmet to complete my set of masterworked Leviathan gear just in time for me to maybe shred it in two weeks or so..

I now need a Prestige Leviathan clear to masterwork my SoH chest armor AND to get the catalyst and ornament for the LoA.  I am really tempted to check LFG and see if there are some good souls out there with a Prestige Leviathan checkpoint for Calus that can drag me across the Finish Line.

I am still bummed about having to wait until next Reset for a shot at the EP SMG. 

I soloed some Crucible this morning.  I did not expect the matches to be so sweaty at six in the morning. I think I am at 77% for CTA, so I will finish that up tonight after I put this bookcase together for my mom.

Oh, I forgot that I also got the It Stared Back raid sword that I will probably just toss in the Vault rather than shred since I like to collect purple swords.

I know about the Unlimited Ammo glitch associated with the weapon's perks, but using swords in the Leviathan is pretty suicidal and there's nothing special about the raid weapons that gives you an advantage while you are on the Leviathan.

My go to sword in PvE / PvP is Quickfang, so Hagakure sits in the Vault along with Future Safe 10 and W0 might join them if I can't get progress on the catalyst.

I like running swords, and I run THAT sword over the beloved wl0.  I got the catalyst for wl0 while running it started back.

Also, Sins of the Past is allegedly one of the best Rocket Launchers in the game.

I know that in saying these things you will undoubtedly shard ISB the very next opportunity that presents itself because I am both a fool and a liar apparently ? lol

Spoilers from gamescom: "cayde's last stand"

Spoiler

I finally ran EoW with an old Call Of Duty buddy, Weav, last night....Weav raids...a lot.  Like I did in d2.  His crew has that shit down.  From start to finish, I think the stream was 45 minutes, including the post-raid tower trip. 38 minutes and the big vex hydra fucker was dead. 

Luckily I recorded it or JT would never believe me, he still may not, what with me being full of shit.  I mean, I guess I could doctor the footage or something.  

I was about to read JT the riot act because of this:

but seconds later, it autocompleted...so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I like running swords, and I run THAT sword over the beloved wl0.  I got the catalyst for wl0 while running it started back.

Also, Sins of the Past is allegedly one of the best Rocket Launchers in the game.

I tend to blow myself up when using them, so I just stay away from Rocket Launchers.  When it comes to Power Weapons, I prefer shotguns, sniper rifles, and swords.

I know that in saying these things you will undoubtedly shard ISB the very next opportunity that presents itself because I am both a fool and a liar apparently ? lol

Nah, I won't shard it until I am certain it will be completely worthless.  I like collecting swords.

I finally ran EoW with an old Call Of Duty buddy, Weav, last night....Weav raids...a lot.  Like I did in d2.  His crew has that shit down.  From start to finish, I think the stream was 45 minutes, including the post-raid tower trip. 38 minutes and the big vex hydra fucker was dead. 

Luckily I recorded it or JT would never believe me, he still may not, what with me being full of shit.  I mean, I guess I could doctor the footage or something.  

Like I said earlier, EoW is a relatively simple raid compared to Leviathan or Vault of Glass.  I can easily believe that an experienced raid team would beat Normal EoW in less than an hour.

It took about ninety minutes for us to complete because half of us were green so there was a little confusion during the platform jumping part and most of us were old men, so there were a couple of bathroom breaks in there.

Once we got to the Combat and Vex skull running parts, shit was dirt simple.  We melted Argos in no time flat during the Damage Phase.

but seconds later, it autocompleted...so

I am like Arn Anderson.  If I say that an ant can pull a plow, hitch the fucking thing up.

• Like 1

It is probably in your headset as the last couple of times we have been in party together I have heard it and I don't hear it when in party with JT (thus for once ruling out my own shitty connection)

56 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

They told me to run gg, nighthawk, and whisper...the numbers pouring of that vex mf were ridiculous

I also ran GG / Celestial.  

Two of the randos that rolled with me, Dylan, & Jake had Whispers and everyone else had Sleepers, including me.  Argos was vaporized in about two minutes.

The Vex blitz before the Damage Phase is indeed pretty awesome and intimidating. 

We had three Hunters in the fireteam.  I ran GG, Jake ran Arcstaff, and one of the randos ran Tethers / Orpheus Rig, so we were good on DPS, Orbs and Crowd Control. 

One of the randos was a Warlock running Stormcaller, so the rando Nightstalker fed him and Jake orbs to fuel Adds killing while the Sunbreaker and I focused on DD.  It was a good plan that worked to near perfection.

If I'd have been smart, I would've brought my St0mp-EE5 along for the jumping part. 

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is probably in your headset as the last couple of times we have been in party together I have heard it and I don't hear it when in party with JT (thus for once ruling out my own shitty connection)

I found out that the issue was actually with my controller.  I dropped it about a month or two ago and apparently the vibration thingie dislodged. 

Since my mic plugs into the controller at the base, the hum from the force feedback went straight through to my mic cord.

I bought a new controller yesterday as well as a new headset for good measure.

No one I was in party with during the raid complained about a hum.  Problem solved.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I marked when Cayde-6 broke out the Gun-Fu, the Tripmine Grenade, and the new Flaming Knives Super for the Gunslinger..

The room got a little dusty during the "I'm coming home, Ace." part.

I am comforted by the fact that our Vanguard patron did not go quietly into that good night.  He resisted.  He deserved to go out like a badass.

He will be missed...

He will be avenged...

Mis helped me with the 5 strikes with a clan mate bit despite the game trying to butt fuck us at every turn.

One more heroic strike should give me enough to get to rank 50 for that MoT and I can tell Zavala to fuck off

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mis helped me with the 5 strikes with a clan mate bit despite the game trying to butt fuck us at every turn.

One more heroic strike should give me enough to get to rank 50 for that MoT and I can tell Zavala to fuck off

No one was on from DARPA last night.  Probably recovering from gaming the night before when we raided until midnight my time.

I was on for a hot minute working on CTA yesterday and then I had to bounce to build some shelving for my mom and wash clothes for my dad and take them over to the convalescent center.

I made a good accounting of myself despite getting zero wins in the Crucible.  I know it's bad when I am one of the sweatier guys on the least sweaty team in the match.  My ER is steadily going up and it's now at 1.55.  An improvement from the 1.46 I had before the IB last week.

I don't think I will be on much this weekend and I work graveyard from Monday to Wednesday so I will be on in the early afternoons and crashing for work around dinner time.. 

Depending on how I feel on Monday morning when I get off of shift, I may finally try to get myself a Trials win or see if I can find some Euros to carry me through a Whisper run..

After Reset, I will be haunting Mars if the IKELOS SMG is up and if Strange Terrain is the Nightfall, I'll be up for a PN.  I'm also going to pound Heroic Strikes as often as I can to see if the catalysts for my Prometheus Lens and Merciless will ever drop.

Made a post on reddit looking for help and managed get quite a few willing to go through Nightfall and the blue missions with me. I finally have my legendary 400 armor. It is wonderful. I'm not gettign shit that is 20 above what I had before and am at 388 power.

Finally beat Level 7 EP. It was kind of cheap though since I just happened upon people who were already at Level 5 and figured I would help out. The sad thing is I didn't even expect us to beat Level 7 despite joining in. I've done 7 with 2-3 more people and still failed miserably. I suspect its because the Ogre boss is somehow easier than the Knight. The loot wasn't anything super impressive though it was nice to have.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finally beat Level 7 EP. It was kind of cheap though since I just happened upon people who were already at Level 5 and figured I would help out. The sad thing is I didn't even expect us to beat Level 7 despite joining in. I've done 7 with 2-3 more people and still failed miserably. I suspect its because the Ogre boss is somehow easier than the Knight. The loot wasn't anything super impressive though it was nice to have.

It doesn't seem like EP wasn't made with 2-3 people in mind.  I've never beaten one without having the entire zone full of players working in complete concert.

Sometimes randos and sometimes coordinated, but everyone has to pitch in.

If you've gotten past a Wave 7 with a single fireteam, then you've got my respect.

Spent the afternoon spamming Heroic Strikes after I got up from Recovery Sleep Session #1.  No catalyst for my Prometheus Lens or Merciless.  Crashed around 6PM EDT to get some sleep in prep for Graveyard Shift.

I will rinse and repeat tomorrow morning after breakfast until the servers go down for "extended maintenance" or until I pass out.  Whichever comes first.... probably sleep... 

Downtime is expected to last no less than three or four hours (1PM EDT to 5PM EDT), so my game time will be fucked for the afternoon..

Here are the notes for tomorrow's pre-Forsaken update:

Destiny 2 2.0.0 / 1.23 patch notes:

Changes by Class

Hunter

Marksman’s Dodge is now considered a reload; it can interact with Kill Clip, Rat King, etc.

Exotic armor:

Celestial Nighthawk
Will grant 33% of your Super energy back if a target is killed by the Golden Gun shot.

Wormhusk Crown
Will no longer start regeneration of health and shields
Instead will grant a larger health and shield bump at the beginning of dodge instead of at the end

Warlock

Increased Healing Rift effectiveness

Empowering Rift now increases precision damage (previously, bonus damage was capped at the weapon’s precision damage in PvP)

Exotic armor:

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Increased Super energy gained from Nova Bomb kills
Killing higher-ranked enemies will grant more Super energy

Transversive Steps
Enhanced mobility
After you sprint for a short time, your currently equipped weapon will be automatically reloaded

Titan

Rally Barricade no longer requires players to take cover to reload—it now feeds ammo to your magazine over time

Exotic armor:

Helm of Saint-14
Now grants allies an overshield for a short duration when they’re passing through Ward of Dawn

Mask of the Quiet One
Increasing energy gain from incoming damage
While critically wounded, health will be granted from kills

Grenades

Axion Bolt
Increased base damage
Increased the amount of time it takes for tracking strength to lessen

Flashbang
Increased base damage

Incendiary Grenade
Increased base damage

Storm Grenade
Increased base damage

Scatter Grenade
Re-tuned range and falloff ranges for the detonations for more reliable damage

Magnetic, Fusion, and Flux Grenade
Increased base damage
Damage is now the same whether a target has been stuck or simply walked over grenade when detonating
Magnetic Grenade now detonates a second time only if it’s attached to a target.  The second detonation no longer only occurs on the grenade itself and will now be applied to each individual target hit by the initial detonation

Skip Grenade
Increased impact damage of each Skip Drone impact for a higher total potential damage

Void Wall
Increased the damage of initial Void Wall wave

Misc QOL

Swords will have the ability to accept shaders

Adding a timer to the status effect for Healing Rift, Empowering Rift, and Rally Barricade to communicate the time remaining before they expire

Wanted escapees from the Prison of Elders will roam the open world

They will not drop rewards until September 4, 2018

Increasing the difficulty of Lost Sectors

Example: EDZ Lost Sectors will become 240 Power

Xûr

His will is not his own
Will no longer display a vendor icon on destination maps
Will no longer be tied to Flashpoints
He has a clear purpose but cannot explain it—forgive him
Fated Engrams will grant only pre-Forsaken Exotics

Let us know when you have the update or if Bungie changes the version number on PS4. We’ll let you know in the comments section when the update is live.

My Thoughts:

• Lots of Grenade fixes.   The various Grenade Kill conditions for Blue armor upgrades in Solstice of Heroes exposed how shitty D2 class grenade powers really are.
  • Enough Trials PvP Warlocks complained about the Hunter's Wormhusk Crown for it to get nerfed....  Too bad that Trials is going on hiatus..  I suppose it's only fair since the Karnstein Armlets nerfed.
  • The changes to CN and Marksman's Dodge sound like really horrible ideas for PvP unless the rationale is that PvE is going to be a bitch and we will need every crutch available.  That scares me a little.
  • The armor skin for Shinobu's Vow sucks.  Making Skip Grenades more effective and more desirable will not make that armor skin any less ugly.
  • Happy to see the improvement for base grenade damage for stickies since It is nigh impossible to get sticky grenade kills in the Crucible or in PvE when Iron is up and not running with Grenadier.
  • Voidwall Grenade damage upgrade?  Hey!  I may finally start using them when I am running Lockdown on my Nightstalker, because right now Voidwall Grenades don't deter shit in PvE from charging in and attempting to kill you.  
  • Timers for Rifts and Barricades is long overdue.
  • Incendiary Grenades don't need a base damage bump.  They need a damage bump to the DPS of their AOE effect balanced with the proc timer.  It would be nice if the enemies I wanted to burn to death actually burned to death and didn't take forever to burn to death..
  • The devs are hiding Xur like they believe that it will make finding him more challenging.   It's like they never heard of YouTube or Destiny Reddit.
  • Fated Engrams only granting Pre-Forsaken Exotics = We want you to grind for post Season 4 exotics.
  • Happy to see that the Fated Engram deal has not been imposed on Legendary Shards.  My strategy use my 2000000 Legendary Shards to buy engrams after the Forsaken DLC update and upgrade my purple is still viable.
  • Holy fuck.  Improvements to base damage for mags and flashbangs AND an overshield proc for the Saint-14 helmet?  Where was all this love for Void Titans in D1?  I hated playing a Defender.
  • No damage bumps for Spike Grenades.  They continue to be worthless.
  • Nearly everyone gets a damage bump for their the best grenades post Season 2 except for Hunters:  Nightstalkers (Vacuum Grenades) / Arcstriders (Arcbbolt Grenades) / Gunslingers (Tripmine Grenades).  That's bullshit.
  • Axion Bolts already fucking track you for miles and are one of the best clean-up kill grenades out there.  They don't need a fucking damage bump or a boost to the tracking duration.