DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Mis and I went through the three stories I had left to do.

I will be back on after lunch to grind strikes and crucible

The only thing I have left to do for my Green armor is grind PvP for Super Kills.

After that, I'll take stock and probably hit up LFG and try to get myself into a Normal Nightfall fireteam.

My daughter is vacationing with my ex-wife's family down in Myrtle Beach this week.  I don't think they'll be back early enough on Friday for me to pick up my kid and get back to MD at a decent time, so I'll most likely end up letting her stay down in the 804 for the weekend.

Unless my boo spends some time studying up for her Network+ this weekend, I probably won't be online that much so Whisper of the Worms may have to wait a bit longer.

Hopefully DARPA gang won't get too caught up in SoH because I still need three Emperor's seals from the Leviathan Raid to unlock more functionality on my Legend of Acrius shotty.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, the thing is that in order to generate elemental orbs, you have to wear the entire set of Solstice Armor, but that's okay because you want to be working on meeting your elemental orb generation requirements at the same time as you're working on your PvE shit. 

The elemental orbs you generate are usually the same as the sub-class you are running, but they can also be affected by the element type of the Energy Weapon or Power Weapon you are using.  For example, if you want to generate a lot of Void orbs, it's best to equip your Void sub-class and use Void-based Energy and Power weapons..  

You can also collect elemental orbs generated by other players.   That's why it's best to run Strikes and SoH story missions with friends running a different elemental sub-class and using different elemental Energy and Power Weapons  than you so that you can try to generate elemental orbs from all three source types (Void, Solar, Arc).

When you only have PvP requirements left to meet, go into the Crucible wearing only the pieces that need PvP progress and wear your good shit in the rest of your armor slots.

Also, there are certain MoT bounties that don't require you to wear SoH armor at all:  Completing 25 Bounties and Completing 25 Heroic Public Events . 

The caveat being that one of the requirements for a piece of your Green armor is to complete 10 Heroic Public Events, so always make sure you are multitasking as much as possible because this SoH shit is grindy AF.  If you haven't done your Flashpoint on Nessus yet, do it while wearing your Green armor and while the SoH PE Completions bounty is in your inventory.

Try to meet as many armor requirements as possible with as little effort as possible.

I always try to complete as much as this stuff at once as I can. I've finished the Heroic PE for both triumphs and the armor. Just finished getting all the regular orbs for PvE (still need the arc orbs for a strike). I realized the stuff about the sub-class pretty early. Was both good and annoying since it retaught me to use the arc and solar classes. Of course it also reminded me why I don't use them that often outside of crucible (I prefer my Hunter going invisible when she dodges and using that wonderful life sucking  grenade).

4 hours ago, EVA said:

You have to wear the full armor to start the mission, but once you get in, you can change out everything except the piece that corresponds to the mission.  That’s the only piece that tracks your completion.

I was wondering about this. Glad to hear it works because that 1AU mission was not fucking happening with the full Solstice set.

For some inane reason I tried to solo Chosen. That was very stupid of me. I didn't even make it past the rooftops with all the damn turrets. To be fair until I started I also had forgotten that was the mission where you fight Ghaul. I did not like that fight.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

For some inane reason I tried to solo Chosen. That was very stupid of me. I didn't even make it past the rooftops with all the damn turrets. To be fair until I started I also had forgotten that was the mission where you fight Ghaul. I did not like that fight.

Yeah - the Scorpions were fucking me up

I also missed my jump going from balcony to balcony like a half a dozen times

I am sad.  I sherpad three fireteams trying to MW their Legendary SoH armor through the PN Pyramidion and we got a score above 110K ever time.

No rifle dropped for me..  I made a run with one crew where no one was downed at all.  We scored over 120K points.

I made one last run for the Silicon Neuroma with two of the worst PvE guys ever.  One guy died every five minutes.  You could almost set your watch by it..

We made three attempts.  Never got above 109K. Too many deaths and revive runs caused delays that bit into our scoring window.

The Silicon Neuroma sniper rifle dropped for me on the third go around.  I feel that RNG was giving me a consolation prize for the frustration.  I felt badly for the dudes, but it was getting close to two in the morning and I had to get some sleep.

Stat wise, it doesn't seem to be much better than my Shepherd's Watch, but I will field test it to be sure.

In other Good Gear news, the Vigilance Wing catalyst dropped for me while helping Rippa get his Super Kills to close out his Green SoH armor requirements, and the Coldheart catalyst dropped during one of the Pyramidion PNs I ran.

All of this shit is happening for me right before Forsaken makes my guns obsolete.....

To be fair - I don't believe the exotic weapons (and thus their catalysts) are changing that much. So those are good

Everything else will be worthless though

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - I don't believe the exotic weapons (and thus their catalysts) are changing that much. So those are good

Everything else will be worthless though

I figure I will have time to fire three bullets from the Neuroma before the update hits and all of my purple guns turn into shit.

Forbes Magazine was right for a change.  The grind to get Blue armor done doesn't seem as traumatizing as Green.  I helped my homie, Jacob, get through three SoH story missions for his Green armor, so I have two more to complete for my Blue set..  

My Heroic Strike and Void Weapon Kill requirements are also done.  Thank you, Agrona PR4 pulse rifle..

Now I have to complete a Nightfall, get a few more Solar Weapon kills, murder more enemies with Void Grenades, pray I can use Knife Juggler instead of Explosive Knife for the Solar Melee Kill dealie, and get a bunch of Arc ability kills.

I also need one more Crucible victory. Our three match win streak yesterday came at a good time.  I'm still amazed by that one Clash match where I put up 24 murders and was still only the fifth best guy on the team.  Something about D2 PvP still needs tweaking.

Mis and I had a debate about the Worldline Zero catalyst.

Reddit seems to support what I have heard in other places.

• In order to get the Worldline Zero Catalyst, you have to kill enemies using the Tesseract feature of the sword.  Some people think that you had to get the kills on Mars, but some people have gotten the Catalyst to drop for them on other planets.  Glitched Item?  Maybe, but killing Hive enemies on Mars seems to be the most reliable way to get the WZC to drop.

But we're playing Destiny 2 and it wouldn't be a Bungie game if the devs didn't find a way to fuck us over.

• In order to get WZC progression, you have to score a hit on a fucking Wave 7 EP boss WITH THE TESSARACT and that hit has to contribute to the death of the Wave 7 boss..  That will get you 20% progression...  But wait, it gets better...  YOU CAN'T SCORE A HIT ON THE SAME BOSS IN SUCESSION~!  If you get to Wave 7 in one week and then do it again before Reset, YOU GET NO CATALYST PROGRESSION~!  THIS SHIT WILL TAKE FIVE WEEKS TO COMPLETE AND THAT'S IF YOU GET TO WAVE 7 EVERY FUCKING WEEK~!

That sword can bite my ass.

That being said, I have equipped my WLZ and will try to test some of this.  When I am on Mars farming stems, I'll also farm Tessaract kills and we will see how long (if ever) it takes for the WZC to drop for me.

Bear in mind that I have only been around to beat Wave 7 of an EP only twice, so I have no plans to aggressively level up the WZC when (or if) I get it.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, J.T. said:

Mis and I had a debate about the Worldline Zero catalyst.

Reddit seems to support what I have heard in other places.

• In order to get the Worldline Zero Catalyst, you have to kill enemies using the Tesseract feature of the sword.  Some people think that you had to get the kills on Mars, but some people have gotten the Catalyst to drop for them on other planets.  Glitched Item?  Maybe, but killing Hive enemies on Mars seems to be the most reliable way to get the WZC to drop.

But we're playing Destiny 2 and it wouldn't be a Bungie game if the devs didn't find a way to fuck us over.

• In order to get WZC progression, you have to score a hit on a fucking Wave 7 EP boss WITH THE TESSARACT and that hit has to contribute to the death of the Wave 7 boss..  That will get you 20% progression...  But wait, it gets better...  YOU CAN'T SCORE A HIT ON THE SAME BOSS IN SUCESSION~!  If you get to Wave 7 in one week and then do it again before Reset, YOU GET NO CATALYST PROGRESSION~!  THIS SHIT WILL TAKE FIVE WEEKS TO COMPLETE AND THAT'S IF YOU GET TO WAVE 7 EVERY FUCKING WEEK~!

That sword can bite my ass.

That being said, I have equipped my WLZ and will try to test some of this.  When I am on Mars farming stems, I'll also farm Tessaract kills and we will see how long (if ever) it takes for the WZC to drop for me.

Bear in mind that I have only been around to beat Wave 7 of an EP only twice, so I have no plans to aggressively level up the WZC when (or if) I get it.

Check out @themaskt1’s Tweet:

Look closely.  Graviton is equipped in energy weapon slot, void raid sword in power weapon slot, on Nessus doing the vex PE in....the Hallows,  maybe?  Run whatever, rng is rng, I'd imagine its multi kills with a sword that unlocks it.  I was working on void weapon kills. Used the sword to kill a lot of shit quickly and the raid sword gives back ammo on successive swings.  Luck? Probably.  Rng.  I dont think it matters if you use the zero, as I doubt I've gotten more than 10 kills with mine (which is sitting in the vault) or where (I was on nessus) .

Got my purple last night after about another 30 minutes of grinding. Used a tip I saw online in how to piggy back PEs and Lost Sectors to get at least 3% a pop.

Like an idiot - I might attempt to do it again with my Warlock

Got all my latent memories - almost broke my controller trying to get my last one (it wasn't my last one at the time) because I ran out of void power ammo. Grr...

Was watching Datto's video on the latent memories to pinpoint a couple of locations. Got a really good chuckle at the end of it.

Blundered upon guys doing EPs so for the first time I got past Wave 3. Of course it was on my Titan and not my Warlock (where I still need EP completions)

I realized that I might end up getting everything for the Masterwork Solstice EXCEPT Heroic Strikes with the clan.

If I ever complete the prestige raid - I might torch the clan just for my own personal gain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got all my latent memories - almost broke my controller trying to get my last one (it wasn't my last one at the time) because I ran out of void power ammo. Grr...

Was watching Datto's video on the latent memories to pinpoint a couple of locations. Got a really good chuckle at the end of it.

Blundered upon guys doing EPs so for the first time I got past Wave 3. Of course it was on my Titan and not my Warlock (where I still need EP completions)

I just finished up my latent memories collecting as well. I finally have the Worldline Zero yet have little to no interest in using.

I'm surprised you only just got past Wave 3 EP. I figured you had done all 7 waves at least a few times. I've gotten to Wave 7 but never past it.

Weirdly - I have rarely been on Mars when large groups are doing EPs

Today was the first time I hung out there for a couple of hours.

I was a little disappointed because we missed completed Wave 4 by about two seconds and that was partly because two of the guys connections dropped out because they were just standing there constantly taking damage

I got my purple Hunter armor on Sunday.  Boy, is it ever gaudy!

I played a rather conservative Contol match yesterday to get my fifth Crucible win..  Didn't kill much, but didn't die much either.  I was on the same squad as a coordinated 4 man team, so I just backed them up and let them do most of the shooting while I went in for caps and picked off stragglers.

Oddly, the most time consuming thing I had to do yesterday was getting Arc Super kills.  They weren't counting when I got them while doing Adventures, so I had to stop and get them in Exploration Mode, before going back to doing Adventuers.

I'm going to try to get the PN Threshold thing for my MW helmet done today if I can get into an LFG group since I know the Pyramidion strike backwards and forwards now.  I might even start an LFG for a change.

Or I may wait to knock that out with a DARPA homie after Reset so that we can roll into Heroic Strikes and get credit for two MW criteria.

I'm confident that I can MW almost all of my armor except for the armor piece that requires a Prestige Raid completion.  I barely have the Normal Raid down.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, misanthrope304 said:

Look closely.  Graviton is equipped in energy weapon slot, void raid sword in power weapon slot, on Nessus doing the vex PE in....the Hallows,  maybe?  Run whatever, rng is rng, I'd imagine its multi kills with a sword that unlocks it.  I was working on void weapon kills. Used the sword to kill a lot of shit quickly and the raid sword gives back ammo on successive swings.  Luck? Probably.  Rng.  I dont think it matters if you use the zero, as I doubt I've gotten more than 10 kills with mine (which is sitting in the vault) or where (I was on nessus) .

Oh, I don't doubt that there could be weird shit going on with that catalyst.  I'm just saying that there are tons of tutorial vids out there and multiple confirmations on Reddit about how it SHOULD work.... which is far different than how it DOES work.

Since I decided to do the Flashpoint on my Warlock - I grabbed the green gear. Already finished mini-bosses and patrols. Have 60% on both void orbs. Would have all my heroic PEs too except fuckers kept killing the servitor by Failsafe before we could make it heroic.

Not sure how much I will get done since my vacation is over.

Only thing I can do on my own that I have left with my Titan is killing a couple more bosses (I am doing Heroic strikes to get them so I can work on getting to Rank 50 too)

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since I decided to do the Flashpoint on my Warlock - I grabbed the green gear. 

I am not going to even bother trying to do any SoH stuff with my other characters.

In order to get that Exotic SoH Jumpship, you have to get all three of your classes in Purple armor and don't see the upside of trying to get good in the Crucible with classes I have traditionally sucked with in PvP.

I probably won't break them out again until DARPA clan needs Clan XP for the Season 4 Clan Banner.

In other news, I finished the Catalyst for Coldheart while getting the 10 Adventures done for my SoH Hunter Cloak.

I think - THINK - I finished my Sunshot catalyst. If I haven't I am super close (98 or 99%)

Part of the reason I decided to do the gear with my Warlock is because I still have 3 weeks to do it and it isn't THAT bad.

Plus - having 400 gear is such a bonus.

Like I love my Titan wrecking shit now and I can shoot higher level things over to my Warlock

That being said - since I haven't created a Hunter yet. Fuck that jump shit

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That being said - since I haven't created a Hunter yet. Fuck that jump shit

This is my sentiment about Titans and Warlocks.  Fuck the uncontrollable flying gliding and boosting.  I almost never overshoot any of my jumps as a Hunter.

I'm even happy that Hunter's don't Blink anymore.