DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Have you finally shredded your Season One broken newbie armor since you probably won't need it anymore?

Its nice to know I wasn't the only one who kept theirs. I kept mine mostly for sentimental value.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There are only 6 missions you have to redo

You definitely have to do one of them twice because one of the steps on the reclaimed armor to wear the shitty stuff during them

I noticed that requirement. That is evil.

Funnily enough I had less problems the 2nd time even though I was only 275

Two reasons for this

1) I knew what to expect the 2nd time through

2) I brought my Skyburners Oath this time

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay don't do what I did and that was forgot to acquire the Moments of Triumph you didn't finish

Stupid not getting credit for Heroic PEs

Holy shit, dude.  The first thing I did was grab every MoT bounty available before I got rolling. I got credit for Heroic PEs for my armor and the Solstice bounty while also knocking out the Flashpoint.  MULTITASKING~!

I've got everything done on my Green armor except for the Crucible shit.  I'll knock that out along with a few PvP bounties this afternoon and push to complete CTA today which is a bit earlier in the week than I usually try to get that done.

I have a feeling PvP will be hellish since the Green armor has zero score in Recovery and a whopping score of one in Resilience.  My beloved poor fragile ER is going to get wrecked.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also wonder how many people are gonna make the mistake of trying to wear their shit on a Heroic strike

Anyone who does is dumb.  The LL value for the Green armor is nowhere near the threshold for the new Heroic Strikes.  

In theory, you could survive a normal Nightfall with the Green armor on since 375-380-ish weapons should bring your LL up to around 278 or 279.

One thing I noticed is that the Hunter helmet is either glitched or the flavor text is very misleading.

I only got credit for collecting Solar orbs when I was in a Strike or when I was doing one of the Remember Your Past story mission and not when I was just running around doing PEs and Patrols. 

The other armor items expressly tell you what you have to do to get credit for your elemental orb fetchits. but the Hunter helmet does not specifically tell you how to get credit for the Solar orbs you have to collect.

I've already started collecting Armor Mods and will also begin stockpiling Masterwork Cores for when my Solstice armor is Purple. 

Well, the Pyramidion would have to be the Nightfall for the week during an event where my OCD is going berserk.

So much shit to do and I have no clue how to prioritize it.  I know I have until Forsaken launch to get the Solstice stuff done, but I don't want to fall too far behind in the power curve to other players and the sooner I get my armor upgrades, the better.

But I really really really really do want to get my hands on a Silicon Neuroma for sake of completion.

If the Crucible gets too hectic this afternoon while I am trying to grind my Green armor, I'll transition to trying to get into a Prestige Nightfall group.

Yeah - I have only gotten 20% of my Super kills in the Crucible so far and I was already notice last night that people are already on at least the 2nd set of armor which is making things a little more challenging

I am gonna try to grind out the mission replays but doing them solo is a pain. 

I finished my helmet and I should finish my armor today too.

Void orbs, Super Kills and Solar orbs (in strikes) are going to be the most tedious things

I am also irritated because I am apparently missing two region chests.

I saw one is on Nessus but I haven't found the marker for the last one I am missing yet. It must be blended in with some other text

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I have only gotten 20% of my Super kills in the Crucible so far and I was already notice last night that people are already on at least the 2nd set of armor which is making things a little more challenging

By the time I got to my parent's place after going to the convalescent center to make sure my dad ate dinner and logged on to start this shit, Ellis from the DARPA clan had already gotten his Blue gear.

He needed to redo missions and collect orbs so he ran with me while I did the missions for the first time.  I may as well have not fired any bullets because he damn near killed everything on his own. 

Getting shit done is easier with help, but too easy may not get me the type of elemental orbs I need and you have to do even more specific stupid pet tricks with the Blue armor, like getting kills with certain abilities like Solar Grenades.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am also irritated because I am apparently missing two region chests.

I saw one is on Nessus but I haven't found the marker for the last one I am missing yet. It must be blended in with some other text

You already know this but the MoT section of the D2 app will give the location of any chests you are missing. 

Then just bring up YouTube on your phone and use a video to cheat and find them.

The ones I was missing on Nessus were in some pretty tricky spots.

That MoT Exotic Jumpship looks pretty badass, but there is no way I am putting myself through the hell of completing SoH for all three classes.

I envy and pity the person that has THAT kind of time.  I'd love to game more often, but I'd be a pretty shit companion and father if I spent my weekends playing D2 rather than being out and about with my family.

In order for me to get SoH done for all three of my characters, this thing would've have to had fallen during an exercise when I was going to be on shift for two or three weeks straight.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

People who don't make PEs heroic can burn in hell

Mis said that about a page or so ago and I repeated that sentiment last night when I was triple tasking Flashpoint, MoT Bounty grinding, and Green armor grinding.

HEY, ASSHOLE~!  KILL THE FUCKING LITTLE SERVITORS BEFORE YOU SHOOT THE BIG ONE~!  WHO IS THIS FUCKING RETARD~???

Speaking of little Servitors, that SoH version of Spark was fucking tits! 

DID THAT FUCKING SERVITOR JUST SPLIT INTO SMALLER SERViTORS AFTER I BLEW IT UP?

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You already know this but the MoT section of the D2 app will give the location of any chests you are missing. 

I had been avoiding the app because yesterday they put out a note saying that the game and app weren't syncing correctly and to trust what was in your actual game.

I think that has subsided

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - speaking of things that can burn in hell - that version of Spark is one of them

Bah, that shit was unexpected and fucking great!  I haven't had to think on my feet in this game in a while.

What the???  OH SHIT, THERE'S MORE OF THEM~!

Finally, the devs figured out a way to make something a bit more challenging without resorting to turning everything into a shielded bullet sponge and silently flipping on the Match Game modifier to run in the background.

That is why I will hate the Whisper of the Worms run when I get around to doing it, because the only way Bungie knows how to make things difficult is to toss barriers and yellow bars on everything and then slap a timer on the mission.

Got the chests I needed

I am a fucking moron and the last one I needed was the one in the EDZ that is at the crashed ship Xur is always at.

How I missed that is beyond me

24 minutes ago, EVA said:

Oof, I was just reading up on the requirements to max out to the Solstice armor, and to masterwork them you have to complete a Prestige nightfall and raid.  

The Prestige Nightfall part is pretty easy. 

If everyone in your fireteam is above 360 LL, you can use your Five of Swords card to set the PN with only one modifier and no power handicaps and practically walk though the strike blindfolded.

If there is a Prestige Raid completion requirement in order to totally Masterwork the SoH armor, that shit may cause me to contemplate suicide.... 

We all have until Forsaken's launch to try to get this shit done.  Hopefully by then the DARPA crew will be good enough at the Leviathan raid to try a Prestige version, but we're just now getting the mechanics down and we don't really raid as often as most clans do... 

It's not like I don't need a PR completion for the Legend of Acrius catalyst, but that fucking shotty will be probably be rendered obsolete the second I finally finish the entire damn quest line.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well, duh.  None of your characters have synched profiles when it comes to collectables.

I can't believe this needed official clarification from Bungie.