DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wow, I didn't realize how much you hated New Monarchy winning.

While Hideo's passive aggressive "Well we all make our own choices" bullshit does irritate me - this was a matter of another controller having its RB button break.

This one just popped off.

The other control I had, I stopped using because the RB button was unresponsive. I used that some last night and it was a struggle but as I kept mashing down it became a little more responsive. So I am hoping if I clean it a little it will work. Otherwise I am going to have to use my store credit on a new controller next week.

It wouldn't be so bad if supers and melees weren't tied to it. I mean not being able to shoulder tackle dudes was infuriating last night

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Ah, that makes sense. Do XB1 controllers normally have issues like that?

The regular ones have problems all the time. (Either it be the bumper or triggers or the thumb sticks)

That is why folks by the stupid elite controllers for like $100 because it is sturdy and has extra parts so when something breaks you can swap out

I have only gone through one controller so far.  Thumbstick drift is the absolute worst..

As much as I would like to run the raid this week and finish off Legend of Acrius, I haven't been back to my crib in a week and a half because I've been working swing shift supporting some command post exercise in God knows where.  My boo and I need to spend some together time this weekend. 

I'm on vacation for the next few days and my boo has to work tomorrow, so I will try to knock out strikes and CTA while she's at the office and then keep shots fired to a bare minimum over the weekend. 

I think we're going to see EQ2 tomorrow night and we may be headed to Ocean City over the weekend if Saturday and Sunday are relatively monsoon free.

I'll be back in the 804 on Monday night.  I think that's when the DARPA clan is going to start trying to make Whispers of the Worm runs or we may try to run Tree of Probabilities PN runs so that the people who didn't get the DFA last time around get another chance at it.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Ended up doing EP with at least two groups of randoms. Made it 7 at least twice before we died horribly.  First I've gotten that far. That was neat though utterly ridiculous as well.

I've only beaten Wave 7 one time and that was the week when the Sniper Rifle was the reward rather than the Shotty or the Subby that everyone and their brother wants.

Wave 2 is easily the hardest one.  The fucking Soaring Keen takes forever to die.  Most EP Hunters usually fail Wave 2 on purpose a few times and wait for a Wave 2 where you have to beat it during a Warsat Heroic PE. 

That way you can nuke her and the other Hive with all of the free Javelins you get while you are waiting for the Warsat to finish transmitting.

The rest of the waves can be somewhat problematic if you don't have Orb producing classes like Nightstalkers and Voidwalkers around to generate orbs to keep the Supers rolling in.   I would highly advise packing a Power Weapon that is not a sniper rifle. 

Fusion Rifles and Rocket Launchers are probably the best weapons for big boss killing, but players armed with shotguns and swords are key in keeping Shadowrifts clear.

If you are on Wave 2 and you see everyone grabbing the relic sword from the fallen Hive Knight after clearing a Shadowrift, don't do what they do. 

Remember that there will be a lot of Cursed Thralls running around in bunches in that wave and successive ones and using a sword on group of them is suicide.  Keep your gun handy to kill Cursed Thralls and let the Relic Sword wielders deal with everything else.

Oh, and try to keep one Arc weapon and one Solar weapon on you since those are the two Elemental barriers you will have to worry about.  When I am in EPs I usually pack my Telemachus scout rifle,  the Kibou AR3 auto rifle (Arc) and the Sleeper Stimulant (Solar) unless I am running Gunslinger and I am rolling with my Celestial Nigthhawk helmet, DFA hand cannon, the IKELOS hand cannon (solar), and Quickfang (Arc).

If you have a Coldheart or a Prometheus Lens, it will serve you well when boss killing time comes.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Wave 2 is easily the hardest one.  The fucking Soaring Keen takes forever to die.  Most EP Hunters usually fail Wave 2 on purpose a few times and wait for a Wave 2 where you have to beat it during a Warsat Heroic PE. 

That way you can nuke her and the other Hive with all of the free Javelins you get while you are waiting for the Warsat to finish transmitting.

The rest of the waves can be somewhat problematic if you don't have Orb producing classes like Nightstalkers and Voidwalkers around to generate orbs to keep the Supers rolling in.   I would highly advise packing a Power Weapon that is not a sniper rifle. 

Fusion Rifles and Rocket Launchers are probably the best weapons for boss killing, but players armed with shotguns and swords are key in keeping Shadowrifts clear.

If you are on Wave 2 and you see everyone grabbing the relic sword from the fallen Hive Knight, don't do what they do.  Remember that there will be a lot of Cursed Thralls running around in bunches and using a sword on group of them is suicide.  Keep your gun handy to kill Cursed Thralls and let the Relic Sword wielders deal with everything else.

Amusingly enough I ended doing most of this just kind of naturally. I only leave the Nightstalker class when doing Crucible/Iron Banner. I mostly use the Rocket Launcher for my PW. The cursed Thralls seem to show up pretty much every level after 1. I made that dumb mistake several time, but those swords are just so damn useful against non-ogre bosses. I try to wait a bit, but I worry about time. I don't think we tried to for the Warsat quest though we definitely ended up doing it 2-3 times. I know we got past 2 at least once or twice without it though I'm not really sure how.

36 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I try to wait a bit, but I worry about time.

Every second counts.  The worst thing in the world is to see a big boss spawn with about a minute to go and knowing that you won't be able to bring it down in time.

I hate it when I am the only person that pops an Armory Code during Wave 2.  Everyone in the zone should be raining Javelins on the Soaring Keen since she is arguably the hardest boss to kill. 

The bosses in Wave 4 or 5 are tough, but you only have to clear three phases in one of those waves. 

By that time the big bosses show up in Phase 3, every player in the zone probably has their super and is ready to unleash Hell on them.

One of the tricks of the trade is to keep a Tractor Cannon handy if you have one.  If you are in a coordinated group and you are on Boop Gun Duty, your job is to wait for the Voidwalkers to say they are ready to Nova Bomb and then you go in and shoot the boss.  Shooting an enemy with the TC puts a debuff on the target that makes it vulnerable to Void damage..

Once the boss is primed, you clear out and the Voidwalkers drop their grape jelly nukes on everything.

I have done a few Prestige Nightfalls where the host is running Void Singe and someone is the Designated Booper for a Voidwalker.  We blew through PN version of The Pyramidtion in record time. I did not get the Silicon Neuroma sniper rifle after four tries so I tapped out.. :( 

Sadly, this tactic does not really work during Savathun's Song since the boss hangs in the middle of the fucking air out of shotgun range, but if you're running Void Singe during that strike you are probably an idiot given that you're fighting a gigantic honking Shrieker that is attacking you with streams of volatile Void Light.

• Like 1

The problem with armory codes is

A) You have to have them

B) You have to know where the corruptions are. It seems that most people only know where the one major spot is in each event  and that is it.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The problem with armory codes is

A) You have to have them

B) You have to know where the corruptions are. It seems that most people only know where the one major spot is in each event  and that is it.

^This, so much this. I wasn't even certain what armory codes were for (only an inkling before) until I ran out of them when I did those EPs yesterday. I think I was the only person who even tried to use the Javelin.

Can someone here tell me what I do with the decrypted cache key?

Got some content yesterday, ran the strike for legend of acrius shotgun solo, and ran the raid twice to brush up on mechanics. 

I captured the strike and the first raid, just need to heavily edit the strike.  Raid just took an hour 10 minutes, but was pretty sloppy.  I'm out of practice. 

I got a decent amount of masterwork stuff from the raid, including the raid sword (I'm really looking forward to murdering things with it), I just need to decide which elemental mod I want to put on it

Did not realize that Whisper of the Worm was only active on the weekends but there ya go. It is back - you have until 1 PM EST on Monday

EDIT

Many Guardians have heard whispers on Io and rushed to investigate. Some of you encountered a long streak of Cabal drills—far too many Cabal drills. We did some investigating to see if this was a bug. Turns out there’s no bug, but the current random generator doesn’t do a good job of preventing streaks of either event. 

We’re currently investigating ways to prevent these bad luck runs in the future. We did some simulations to see if there might be any more long streaks of one type of event in the forecast. We expect a few more outliers, but balanced with long streaks of only Taken Blight events. This activity will be available every week, and once you do unlock the Heroic version, it will stay unlocked. We will continue to monitor the situation. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

I am massively behind with this game. I've not played in about a month and even then it was just logging on, knocking out a milestone or two and logging off. I've still not completed an Escalation Protocol or any raid in Destiny 2, i'm not max light yet, i think i've done 1 Iron Banner and 1 Faction event this season and now there's a new expansion coming in a month. On top of that this whisper stuff pops up. Anyway, we jumped on to give it a try. A public event was about to start on IO so we jumped in, and pretty much got straight into the portal. Spent our first attempt working out the jumping puzzle. Figured it out but ran out of time. Attempt 2 has better results, we get through the maze, take out the first wave and almost the second but run out of time. Aaaaand then not a single eligible public event for the rest of the night. Who thought that was a good idea? Granted it's better than the randomness of the original Black Spindle quest, having to wait for a daily heroic, but a timed event, locked behind a random event, to unlock a timed event is not my idea of fun and isn't really going to draw me back into the game..

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, RIPPA said:

Did not realize that Whisper of the Worm was only active on the weekends but there ya go. It is back - you have until 1 PM EST on Monday.

Yeah, that's bullshit.  Weekends are terrible for me.  Some of us like to do shit on Saturday and Sunday other than play games.....

I may be able to cram this in next Sunday afternoon after I get my kid back to her mom's place.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, that's bullshit.  Weekends are terrible for me.  Some of us like to do shit on Saturday and Sunday other than play games.....

I may be able to cram this in next Sunday afternoon after I get my kid back to her mom's place.

I can try to help...it seems this comes and goes with Xur.

I did the chest run last night after I got the catalyst (I plan on making a short chest run video today since I've done everything else and I'm out of town until tomorrow), but didn't do oracles for the ship schematic.  I will do that next weekend I suppose. I didn't even do the second heroic run through to get more blighted essence for the catalyst, I was just too damn tired.

But I know the way now.  I may just help people get it next weekend, since there seems to be a need for it in the community.  

Waiting 6 hrs for a certain public event to spawn is utter bullshit though.

When I logged in yesterday I thought I saw something about a hot patch to be deployed tomorrow  (7/31)

15 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

When I logged in yesterday I thought I saw something about a hot patch to be deployed tomorrow  (7/31)

Its the one to go along with Solstice of Heroes

And here is the updated road map

dev_roadmap_07_25_18.jpg?cv=3983621215&a

I was right (not that it was a bold statement or anything)

Destiny 2 Hotfix 1.2.3.1
Next week we’re deploying Destiny 2 Hotfix 1.2.3.1 to players. This hotfix is the final barrier between players and the launch of Solstice of Heroes, and all players will need to install this hotfix before they can join the celebration. Provided below is a brief timeline of this deployment.

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018:
9 AM PDT: Destiny 2 Hotfix 1.2.3.1 will become available to all players.
9–10 AM PDT: Players will be prompted to accept Hotfix 1.2.3.1 as they return to orbit after completing activities.
10 AM PDT: All players who have not yet accepted Hotfix 1.2.3.1 will be removed from activities and returned to the title screen to take this hotfix.

For more information on this deployment, players should see our Destiny Server and Update Status page. For live updates on this hotfix as it becomes available, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed on help.Bungie.net.

Solstice of Heroes
Next Tuesday, July 31, 2018, Solstice of Heroes will kick off in Destiny 2. Before this event goes live, here are a few points of vital information:
Before attempting to complete a Triumph, players should make sure they have acquired it from the Statue of Heroes. Some Triumphs may need to be completed again if the Triumph is not in the player’s inventory at the time of completion.
For Moments of Triumph, adventures and Region Chests are tracked by the character that has completed the most of them, and they are not tracked account-wide. Players who encounter issues making progress toward these Triumphs should make sure they are playing on the character that has made the most progress toward these Triumphs.
Progress toward Triumphs and event rewards may be lost if players delete any characters on their account. For the best experience, it is recommended that players do not delete any characters until all desired rewards have been redeemed and Solstice of Heroes concludes on August 28, 2018.