DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Did a dozen or more Iron banners today and managed to come out winnign at least half of them this time around. I think i ended up with better teams than I did last time, but in general I just seemed to have my shit together a bit better.

I made JT run a Heroic adventure with me on Mercury just so I can never have to talk to Brother Vance again.

We then farmed Mars for awhile - amazingly only did one EP during that time.

Granted - part of that was because people would message JT to do EPs AFTER we already left the area and we are both far too lazy to go back.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Granted - part of that was because people would message JT to do EPs AFTER we already left the area and we are both far too lazy to go back.

I went 0-12 in getting BrayTech schematics out of sensor nodes.  Wasn't very happy.

I logged back on around Midnight because I couldn't sleep and got hemmed up with the same group that messaged me when we were hunting stems.

We made it to Wave 7 but could not crack the code on the final boss.  Too much dying and not enough damage dealing.

Then people started getting tired (myself included) and we all called it a night.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I made JT run a Heroic adventure with me on Mercury just so I can never have to talk to Brother Vance again.

As many times as I held friendships hostage in the DARPA clan over getting my alts past Infinity+1, I had a social obligation to help you out.  I am paying my debt forward..

6 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Couldn't sleep....haven't watched the finished product. I'm sure its potato quality

God, we sucked.  I wish you had been there to stream the other loss instead of this one.  We almost came back to win that shit.

9 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Also, fuck people that dont help make the pe's heroic on mercury.  Fuck them in their stupid asses

That was a huge pet peeve of mine when I was hunting Regional Chests on Mercury since the chests on the Vex islands are only accessible during PEs, and getting to the chests means shooting the Vex wards that create the path to the pressure plate that turns the event Heroic.

Fuck.  I have to work 1600-0001 starting next Monday and going all the way through to the following Wednesday.  If the Pyramidion is the Nightfall for next week, I will have to work extra hard to get into a PN group and try to farm myself a Silicon Neuroma since I will miss peak game time while I am at the office.

I will probably just host my own LFG and recruit some scrubs to help me get the rifle.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

God, we sucked.  I wish you had been there to stream the other loss instead of this one.  We almost came back to win that shit.

Next time!  I will eventually capture a stream where we play well and win.  Not today though, as I'm sitting in the parking lot if a dq outside of pikeville, ky on an unscheduled emergency shit stop.  Kids man, I tell ya.  

"Hey i turn 16 next week, I'm gonna try coffee"

*10 minutes later*

"Oh no, I might shit my pants"

Amateurs.  Coffee only makes me pee and I'd have to drink like an entire pot before my kidneys started purging the caffeine out of my system. 

I have never shitted myself after a grande cup of java.

I dont even think what they're drinking should be classified as coffee.  Coffee isn't off- white.  That's creamer with a splash of coffee.

Update: lil fucker got stage fright, could not shit in a public restroom, so 30 minute stop for naught. 

10 minutes down the road and we had to make another shit stop at a dollar store...everything came out alright this time I suppose.

Fuck Asheville, nc and their traffic.

Again, told them before we left pajama/sweat pants aren't the best idea for comfort in the heat of the south, yet here we are unpacking the trunk in SC for a pair of shorts.  So I'm walking the dog at the rest area so he can do his business.  No sooner get his shit in the bag, (my hands are full) and they set off the car alarm.

I may be travelling with communists who are plotting my demise via aneurysm.

???

Okay that took way longer than it should have.

Finally reading This Week In Bungie

- Next Major patch is Tuesday

• Bounties return (on a smaller scale for now. Will expand further when Forsaken comes out)
  • Crucible Quickplay becomes 6x6
  • Rumble is back
  • You will be able to rebuy Mercury Forge weapons (once you acquire them a first time) from Brother Vance
  • Tweaking some Heroic strike modifiers (more on that in a second)
  • Removing Prismatic Matrix until Forsaken comes out (so either cash in before Tuesday or wait till Forsaken comes out)
  • Removing Momentum from Heroic Adventures. (NOW they do... grr...)

Regarding the Heroic modifiers - Blackout, Glass and Grounded are all being debuffed. Basically, if you are above or at the recommended light level one melee on Blackout shouldn't instakill you (it will still fucking hurt) and they are fixing Grounded so things you are forced to do won't be counted as "airborne". (They don't say it directly - but I am assuming this means when you have to go airborne for using a super)

Confirmed is that Iron Banner will be back at least once more before the next season starts and Solstice of Heros starts 7/31 and lasts until 8/28 (8/28 is also the last date you will be able to cash in Moments of Triumph)

• Like 1

JT and I couldn't stop giggling yesterday as I threw what might have been the slowest moving Nova Bomb ever to kill Xol and get my 2nd Sleeper Stimulant.

It also could have been because we were tired.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT and I couldn't stop giggling yesterday as I threw what might have been the slowest moving Nova Bomb ever to kill Xol and get my 2nd Sleeper Stimulant.

It also could have been because we were tired.

If you didn't know better, you'd think that Rippa was a Yankees pitcher throwing a fucking Breaking Ball.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, RIPPA said:

Okay that took way longer than it should have.

Finally reading This Week In Bungie

- Next Major patch is Tuesday

• Bounties return (on a smaller scale for now. Will expand further when Forsaken comes out)
  • Crucible Quickplay becomes 6x6
  • Rumble is back
  • You will be able to rebuy Mercury Forge weapons (once you acquire them a first time) from Brother Vance
  • Tweaking some Heroic strike modifiers (more on that in a second)
  • Removing Prismatic Matrix until Forsaken comes out (so either cash in before Tuesday or wait till Forsaken comes out)
  • Removing Momentum from Heroic Adventures. (NOW they do... grr...)

Regarding the Heroic modifiers - Blackout, Glass and Grounded are all being debuffed. Basically, if you are above or at the recommended light level one melee on Blackout shouldn't instakill you (it will still fucking hurt) and they are fixing Grounded so things you are forced to do won't be counted as "airborne". (They don't say it directly - but I am assuming this means when you have to go airborne for using a super)

Confirmed is that Iron Banner will be back at least once more before the next season starts and Solstice of Heros starts 7/31 and lasts until 8/28 (8/28 is also the last date you will be able to cash in Moments of Triumph)

Some good and bad stuff in there. 

IMO, the only Quickplay mode that needs to be 6v6 is Control.  Supremacy and Clash can stay 4x4 and be perfectly fine.

I'd like to see the Tracker enabled for Competitive again and have the Light Level disadvantages enabled.

I can understand why Grounded would be buffed, but Blackout?  Why?  if you go bumbling around a map and leave your team behind *cough* Mercury Strikes *cough*, you kinda deserve what you get.

I hate Momentum so that shit going away doesn't bother me.  I don't get Glass being buffed for the same reason as I don't understand why Blackout needs a buff.  Fight with your Fireteam and you won't get smoked. 

Glass works just as it should.  Players are just stupid and don't heed the modifiers.

Glass is more specifically tweaked because people were dying when grazing a rock on the way down. But as I mentioned the game was coding a player as being "airborne" when they actually weren't when climbing things like stairs.

In general - they said it was more to reward players of higher levels to make it seem like the stat choices they were making (through their armor) actually mattered. That is way like in Blackout you are still kinda  fucked at the recommended level but if you are 20 points higher, you should be able to take one hit

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I can understand why Grounded would be buffed, but Blackout?  Why?  if you go bumbling around a map and leave your team behind *cough* Mercury Strikes *cough*, you kinda deserve what you get.

Can you please tell what is up with the Mercury Strikes? This happens nearly every time I get one. One dumbass runs forward while another is lagging behind seemingly checking his/her equipment.

Nathan Fillion confirmed (ironically when talking about that Uncharted fan film I posted in the other thread) that he didn't voice Cayde-6 in Forsaken. It is all Nolan North

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Can you please tell what is up with the Mercury Strikes? This happens nearly every time I get one. One dumbass runs forward while another is lagging behind seemingly checking his/her equipment.

It's basically a learned behavior that people can't break.  You don't have to kill the enemies in the Infinite Forest sections to open the gates and progress forward, so very early on everybody just started running through those parts to save time.

The problem is, the new Heroic strike modifiers make it a lot more difficult to just kamikaze through large groups of enemies, but everybody just keeps doing it because that's how they've always done it.

• Like 1

I finally got my Game Informer the other day.

Lots of stuff that was new to me (it is possible I am the only idiot who didn't know this stuff).

Using spoiler tags more for length - I mean I am not really talking about any story stuff except the names of the new vendors. But I guess you have been warned

Spoiler

Two new vendors - Spider - A Fallen boss who got booted. He is the vendor of the Tangled Shore. JT's girl Petra Venj returns and is the vendor in The Dreaming City

Oh and they flat out say it is going to be a long time before you are able to do everything in the Dangled City because some things will be a really high level.

Level cap is up to 50. Power Cap will be 600

We all knew that they were changing how weapons worked. There is a lot going on and I am not typing it all out. Some things that I want to see how they work

Ammo isn't tied to weapon slot. So you can get a weapon that uses white ammo that goes into Energy slot. HOWEVER - Power Weapons in the Power slot are still the only thing that uses purple.

Individual weapons will always drop in the same slot. Their example is that Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotgun is now a kinetic weapon (oh yeah - they are moving a fuckton of weapons around) and will always drop in that slot.

There might be a random exception but for the most part the only weapons that will use purple are: drum loaded grenade launchers, linear fusion rifles, rocket launchers and swords.

Vault is expanding to 500 (which we knew)

They are adding so many collections that I am already starting to twitch. Pretty much it will track everything you ever owned - including legendaries. The only difference is that you won't be able to retrieve legendaries (if you dismantled them) since they will once again start dropping with random perks. Supposedly it will remember everything you have owed from February this year on (so if you shredded something right away - you will have to find it again).

Pre-Forsaken legendary armor and weapons WILL NOT get random perks. They will always have the same static perks they always had. (Those you can get duplicates of)

Mods are overhauled. You can recover them now when dismantling. They will no longer give an extra 5 points of power but they will have a more nuanced boost (the examples cited are increased hip fire, airborne accurracy or bonus damage against vehicles.)

Activites (including Flashpoint) will now refresh every 4 days. Raid remains on a weekly reset. Every thing is getting tweaked (

Daily Heroic missions are back.

You also can now pick a specific strike in the location on the map where it originally appeared in the game

I am now gonna talk about the specifics of the new supers (just watch a Youtube video on that). But it did confirm that they will basically be adding 4 extra slots to each class and then you choose which type of super you want to use.

• Like 1

So yeah.  Ellis and a few members of the DARPA clan (including myself) finally got off of our asses and we beat the Leviathan raid.  The raid mechanics aren't that bad and the devs also did you the courtesy of not making you walk a million miles to get to your final objective like you do in Vault of Glass.  There is a lot of the stand here / push this that I hated from the Oryx raid that I went on many times (but never finished) and there is just enough combat to break up the monotony of puzzle solving.

This raid is also as unforgiving as the Vault of Glass.  The one thing I liked about the Crota raid was that any surviving member of the fireteam could salvage the raid and keep things going if disaster struck.  This raid goes back to the Gorgon days where one wrong move results in a total party wipe.

Our Sherpas were really on point.  We got through the Bathhouse in one try, but it took one or two takes to get through Warbeasts (mostly because of bad luck) and the Gauntlet (because I can't platform jump for jack shit). 

We died a bunch of times during the Caius fight purely because of miscommunication. 

Spoiler

The Void runners would call out the symbols in the wrong order causing those of us on throne duty to thump the wrong Psion and of course any error results in a complete party wipe.

Comms got toxic as some of us got kinda crabby as the night wore on, but we finally cracked the code and put Caius down...

Spoiler

Or at least we put down his Life Model Decoy.  Shoulda known the Emperor wouldn't personally risk his own neck.  Fucking robot.

Nothing improves your attitude like the plink noise coming from from a newly unlocked achievement and raid loot.

I got a couple pieces of armor and the raid rocket launcher.  I was wondering why I was getting tokens until I saw that

Spoiler

there is a fucking Frame in the Last City that has been hacked by the Cabal and serves as a vendor..  I wonder if it was involved in the invasion or is it some sick kind of present from Caius for putting down Ghaul for him.

We also ran the Underbelly of the Leviathan..  After you complete each stage of the raid, you get a key that unlocks a chest located in the understructure of Caius's capital ship.  It's a huge fucking maze with it's own separate combat encounters and puzzle solving opportunities.

I found it annoying that you don't get all of your loot during the raid but our attitudes were greatly improved after the Big Win, so we didn't mind sticking around a bit longer to make sure everyone used all of their keys and got their loot.

Of course the best part of completing the raid is you are one step closer to getting the Legend of Acrius quest out of your queue.  I am sad.  It is almost the end of an era.  If I get out of shift early tonight, I'm going to get some DARPA dudes to help me with the Heroic version of the Arms Dealer strike I have to beat as the LoA final quest step. 

Of course the strike modifier is Solar Singe to allow the fucking Cabal to blow you out of your boots.  Threshers are going to be a bitch in the boss battle.