DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Another reason why I don't use LFG

My recent life as a semi=professional Prestige Nightfall Strike mercenary has been both enlightening and sad.

There is a satisfying something that you feel when you see your Notifications queue blow up with unsolicited invites, though.

Even when I was on Mars helping my clan homie, I would get random messages like, "were did u get that gun?" and "u have db!. is it good?"

The downside of grinding PNs all evening being that I dicked around a lot yesterday so my only real shot at getting Call To Arms done won't be until Monday after work. 

The DARPA clan has not secured the PvP engram for the week, so I may be able to get one of those slugs to run with me if the clan does not get the purple gumdrop over the weekend.

I can tell the player population has finally leveled up enough to handle Escalation Protocol, because I just knocked out my first Level 7 clear with a bunch of blueberries in, like, 20 minutes?

The reward was really not great, so I'm glad I didn't waste hours of my life grinding on that before now.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, EVA said:

I can tell the player population has finally leveled up enough to handle Escalation Protocol, because I just knocked out my first Level 7 clear with a bunch of blueberries in, like, 20 minutes?

The reward was really not great, so I'm glad I didn't waste hours of my life grinding on that before now.

The IKELOS Sniper Rifle isn't bad for PvE, but that's probably where most people are doing most of their sniping.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, RIPPA said:

I hate fucking Mercury strikes

The Infinite Garden filler shit always frustrates me especially if you have a player that avoids confrontation in order to save time and dies every two minutes which results in more time wasted.. 

I am sorta hoping that The Pyramidion strike comes up next week so that I can take a shot at that Nightfall sniper rifle reward, the Silicon Neuroma. I need another sniper for PvP since I was dumb and infused my 368 Frigid Jackal into my new IKELOS sniper rifle.

I'm still going to keep the IKELOS sniper rifle I got from EP this past week as a trophy, though.  It has way too much recoil to use in the Crucible. 

I should've tested it out first and then infused the Frigid Jackal after getting a duplicate or a suitable PvP replacement sniper like the Shepherd's Watch.

My dad fell and broke his hip over the weekend, so I am headed to visit him at the hospital after work.  If I am tired when I get back to the 'rents crib, I'll probably opt out of CTA this week in favor of just running Heroic Strikes unless someone in the DARPA clan is online.

I'd rather snag the Clan PvP engram in addition to CTA if I absolutely have grind PvP this evening..

I finally scored on a Legendary Kinetic Mod to install my Duty Bound auto rifle, so it's now at 375 LL.  YES~!

Got home from NY and went on the best Crucible run I have in a long time - won 4 straight matches and knocked out my CTA

Cashed in all the FWC tokens and thought I was done.

Got really bored tonight so I figured "Hey - let me see if I can get EPs done"

Yeah... that was a mistake. With Valkerie kills as one of the objectives people were just popping EPs, dispelling the corruption and then fleeing.

At least I got one wave done

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got home from NY and went on the best Crucible run I have in a long time - won 4 straight matches and knocked out my CTA

I experienced the opposite last night.  Hopped on with a couple members of the DARPA gang and then proceeded to have a more nail than hammer experience in the Crucible. 

I think we lost five straight and I just wasn't in rhythm. Can't blame the other players or our tactics or the guns.  It was me that sucked.  I think I had one 1.00+ ER match and then blew chunks for most of the evening.

I stalled at 91% in CTA last night, and just rage quit and started playing Battle Chasers.  I didn't have the patience to run another match.

Go figure that I hopped on this morning to finish off CTA solo and suddenly my shots land and I am the #2 killer on my Supremacy team (17 Ks, 1.70 Efficiency) in a match we nearly lost until we rallied in the last ten seconds.

I love my peeps, but matchmaking gave us some hard draws for running a four-man.  We either need to play in smaller fireteams or I should creep solo more often.  The last time I ran solo for an extended period of time, I had a six match win streak going on over two days of gameplay. 

I'm obviously not good enough to hang with the hardcore PvP sweaties, so I have to do what I can to level the playing field.

Hopefully this new week will prove to be a morale booster.  It'd be nice if the Pyramidion were the Nightfall after Reset so that I could try to get into a group farming the Silicon Neuroma sniper rifle.  Knowing my luck it will probably be one of the Mars strikes or one of the Mercury strikes.. 

I'd like to get my emblem filled out for discovering all of the Winter Camo / BrayTech weapons, but I really have no desire to farm the Osprey rocket launcher.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got really bored tonight so I figured "Hey - let me see if I can get EPs done"

Yeah... that was a mistake. With Valkerie kills as one of the objectives people were just popping EPs, dispelling the corruption and then fleeing.

At least I got one wave done.

If this Reset is a soft one and there are no community wide events going on, this week will be a good time to run EPs. 

Just Fast Travel back and forth from BrayTech to the Glacial Basin and someone will take notice of your LL and try to invite you to a EP party.

Sometimes, I get annoyed by players trying to get my attention by shooting at my head in the attempt to get me to help with EP, when all I really want to do is complete DCs, farm Mars tokens, and collect Resonance Stems so that I can open SIVA nodes..

Not surprisingly - Future War Cult finally won as it really appeared everyone pledged them this time.

New Monarchy will win next time since clearly we are working our way through catalysts

Did Flashpoint in no time at all and Cayde gave me a Prospector so I decided to knock out my Heroic strikes since Arc singe and my Titan go together like peanut butter and jelly

Only problem I had was when the game tried to give me A Garden World. No fucking way...

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, RIPPA said:

Did Flashpoint in no time at all and Cayde gave me a Prospector so I decided to knock out my Heroic strikes since Arc singe and my Titan go together like peanut butter and jelly

Only problem I had was when the game tried to give me A Garden World. No fucking way...

I hate most Mercury missions, but that one seems to go by faster than fucking Tree of Probabilities does.  Yech..

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh motherfuckers - you can't get the Sunshot catalyst unless you reached Rank 50

I broke that bad news to Eivion last time.  Where were you?  I said it took almost a solid week of grinding for me to to get to FWC Rank 50.

I'm glad that FWC got their first win and I picked up my sidearm on Monday.

I farmed Glimmer for most of yesterday.  Knocked out the Strikes challenge and spent a lot of time on Mars doing patrols and whittling down on my supply of Resonant Stems. 

Didn't get any Arctic camo weapons, but Ana was good enough to give me a Shepherd's Watch sniper rifle, which is very Crucible friendly.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, RIPPA said:

New Monarchy will win next time since clearly we are working our way through catalysts.

I'll help Hideo if only to get my hands on the NM scout rifle and that NM sniper which is supposed to be slightly PvP better than Shepherd's Watch.

I did my strikes last night with my Warlock thus finishing up my weeklies on both my characters early this week.

Outside of visiting Xur, I think I might take a break this weekend and take advantage of my bachelor status for the next three days and start something else.

07052018_Faction_Rally_Stats.png?cv=3983

Per the post over at Bungie - basically it was always close but the Dead Orbit folks clearly were slackers in turning their shit in (Top graph is percentage pledged to each faction. Bottom is ranks earned)

There will be one more Faction Rally this season. I am already debating just sticking with FWC to work on unlocking more shit or do I go to Dead Orbit to see what I can get from them.

Oh God Dammit - looks like I am grinding Crucible this weekend

While some of us at Bungie are off on holiday to celebrate our country's independence, we wanted to make sure all Guardians in Destiny 2 had something to celebrate. Starting this Friday (7/6) at 10 a.m. PDT and lasting through the weekly reset, players may earn 3x Valor Rank gains in all Valor-supported playlists! If you want to nab that Exotic Ghost or are looking to finish your Crucible ornaments, this weekend is the time to throw down in the Crucible. We hope you have fun this weekend and maybe take a dip in the Mayhem playlist, where you can celebrate with your own brand of fireworks.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh God Dammit - looks like I am grinding Crucible this weekend.

I won't be playing that much this weekend until sometime Sunday afternoon after I get my daughter back to her mom's crib.

I will spend tomorrow morning in the lovely company of Maryland DMV switching over my driver's license and vehicle registration and we will celebrate the end of that ordeal with my boo and my kid with lunch in Annapolis and an afternoon screening of Ant-Man & The Wasp.

I think I will grind just enough Crucible on Sunday to clear CTA and then try to find a max score PN group. 

I've got no interest getting in that dumb Sparrow that's the Nightfall reward for Arms Dealer, but I would still like to upgrade the NF special emblem, earn another purple halo of awesomeness, and maybe try to farm the catalyst for Coldheart since most PN teams are running Arc Singe..

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Outside of visiting Xur, I think I might take a break this weekend and take advantage of my bachelor status for the next three days and start something else.

I have been enjoying the RPG simplicity of Battle Chasers:  Nightwar for the past few evenings. I'll probably get a copy of Divinity:  Original Sin, too.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the post over at Bungie - basically it was always close but the Dead Orbit folks clearly were slackers in turning their shit in (Top graph is percentage pledged to each faction. Bottom is ranks earned)

There will be one more Faction Rally this season. I am already debating just sticking with FWC to work on unlocking more shit or do I go to Dead Orbit to see what I can get from them.

Grinding FWC isn't really worth it if you've got no interest in masterworking the Sunshot.  I did because it's my go to crowd control weapon whenever Solar Singe is active. 

I will probably roll with New Monarchy next Faction Rally even if they lose since my Titan uses Sweet Business as one of his primary Kinetic Weapons.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love Sunshot so I will definitely use it more... if I can get the catalyst

The catalyst adds Range and Handling Speed so it's definitely worth the grind.

Some players think that a masterworked Polaris Lance is better than a masterworked Sunshot, but that's not necessarily true. 

MW Polaris Lance adds Dragonfly which only makes enemies detonate IF you kill them with a precision shot and Perfect Fifth doesn't proc until you score FOUR headshots.

ANY enemy you kill with Sunshot is going to explode no matter where you hit him and the poor bastard will either take any nearby buddies with him when he dies or severely injure them after he blows up.

Nothing clears a room full of Vex quite like Sunshot.

BTW - I really need to start making a habit of checking the predictive heroic strike modifier list because I want to do it anytime Heroic strikes because doing it when Heavyweight is on makes everything so simple.

Poor poor melted Protheon

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I really need to start making a habit of checking the predictive heroic strike modifier list because I want to do it anytime Heroic strikes because doing it when Heavyweight is on makes everything so simple.

Poor poor melted Protheon

If Solar Singe and Heavyweight is on and if the Fireteam is packing Sleepers or Merciless as a Power Weapon and running Solar sub-classes, bosses evaporate in seconds.

Yesterday - I walked up to Protheon right as he showed up, popped my super (I was playing as a Stormcaller just for the strike) and then unloaded all my Prospector rounds.

We literally dropped all the way to the final floor because he had like a sliver of health left and he was dead before any adds showed up.

Yes - it wasn't as great as last weeks Solar melting of him where he was dead before the first drop but still really really easy.