DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

Liked Alexa Bliss bringing back her Iron Man outfit.

Speaking of bringing back, this the first time Braun Strowman's used the arm triangle choke again? I always preferred it to be his finisher when he was trying out different ones. Keep that with the running powerslam as his main finish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

To be fair, they merged the women's title and divas title when they consolidated belts as the original brand split weakened, so it's probably fair to give the RAW women's title both lineages.

True. I'd say with Charlotte being on SDL that title will still be considered at or sometimes above RAW level.  Like how the Universal title is new but with Brock Lesnar holding it and Braun/Reigns being the contenders you can see how its recognized at the very least as important as the WWE Championship. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EVA said:

Aries was on fire tonight.

I've been really surprised/impressed at how Matt has kept up with Sheamus and Cesaro in these matches.  He's taken some pretty big bumps, too, given how broken down he's seemed the last few years.  Senor Benjamin probably has to cart him around in a wheelbarrow afterwards.

I see what you did there. 

• Like 3

If that one room in the HoH is any indication, Bray Wyatt has no idea how to keep his Funko Pop! collection mint.  Keep 'em in the box, dude!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Shots fired

The moment NJ World gets a website I can understand and a Roku/Xbox app, I'm there. Until then, I'll keep avoiding current product and watching Mid-South/NWA on the network I have. Also, dear WWE, corn syrup blood is worse than no blood.

• Like 2

Because the internet has nothing better to do - apparently the house they used for House of Horrors is somewhere in Missouri and is up for sale

Even though know that technically a few heels had some wins last night, I still feel that the card was nearly a babyface sweep except for Alexa beating Bayley, Seth beating Joe, and fucking Enzo being victorious along with Big Cass.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Even though know that technically a few heels had some wins last night, I still feel that the card was nearly a babyface sweep except for Alexa beating Bayley, Seth beating Joe, and fucking Enzo being victorious along with Big Cass.

Bray also won and despite your (and my own hatred) of Orton - Orton was the face (and that is counting Braun as a face even though he isnt)

so that means 4 of the 8 matches where won by heels so that isn't remotely close to a sweep

By my skewed count of "heels" vs "faces" it's five out of eight (Jericho, Hardyz, Aries, Bray, Braun) unless you're counting Angry Neville as a "face."

Still better than 50%.

The ratio of people I wanted to win or didn't mind winning vs. the people I wanted desperately to lose also played into my favor.

I remember Bayley and Bliss having decent chemistry in NXT so it's no surprise that this was Alexa's best showing since joining the main roster. Kudos to her for making history and finally shaking up the stale Raw women's division. 

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's okay - just let Sheamus and Jinder at folks for a couple of weeks

Yeah, I think a lot of the reason I want Jinder to use a simple submission hold like a leg grapevine as a finisher is because it would allow him to work light and a worker could sell the pain of the hold.  Less chance of a guy being injured when compared to an impact finisher like the one he's using now where you're taking neck bumps..

Then again, Jinder would still get the opportunity to hurt someone while setting up for the finisher or while using the finisher out of the need for "having the move look real."

I thought Chris Jericho would retain the WWE United States Championship at WrestleMania XXXIII and drop it to Kevin Owens at this show. Shame KO's already lost it with his red white and blue ring gear and The New Face of America entrance graphics on this show.

Joe/Rollins was the kind of match you could use to practice commentary with: simple story told well by guys who can go.

Reigns/Strowman was the kind of match you mistake for a bear attack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I thought Chris Jericho would retain the WWE United States Championship at WrestleMania XXXIII and drop it to Kevin Owens at this show. Shame KO's already lost it with his red white and blue ring gear and The New Face of America entrance graphics on this show.

Given the current state of US politics, I find it very unflattering that the New Face of America is Canadian.

No need to switch it that quick. The tour starts 5/18 (In Patchouge?  Is that where he's from?)

Anyway, that's the Thursday after Backlash, where I'm positive he drops it to AJ (or Owens).