DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, elizium said:

tumblr_mv3cu05iK41qz88obo1_400_zps2d826c

"I got knocked out once, by a Mexican bantamweight. Six of my pals were swinging him around by the heels." - Randall "Tex" Cobb

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Now I want a Braun/Ellsworth tag team where the entirety of their double team offense is Braun picking up Ellsworth and using him like a blunt object.

Isn't this pretty much Enzo and Cass's gimmick?

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I was really hoping Braun ate raw meat and live chickens, so this kind of crushed kayfabe for me.  

Still real to you dammit!

; )

• Like 1

So Enzo was ok for how many years till he botched one from spot from board darling Cesaro? 

The speed at which this board turns on people and companies(see roh) grows by the millisecond. 

I will admit Enzo doesn't do much as a worker but as the tag team partner who gets his ass kicked till the hot tag ,which is kind of a lost art in WWE I think he's actually pretty damn great at. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

So Enzo was ok for how many years till he botched one from spot from board darling Cesaro? 

The speed at which this board turns on people and companies(see roh) grows by the millisecond. 

The internet doesn't think with one brain. Generally speaking the people who like something put it over when it's good, and the people who don't like something slag it off when it's bad. I mean, sometimes people think someone or something improves, and start liking what the previously disliked, and sometimes people get tired off of acts and start enjoying them less, but 'this board' has precisely zero unanimous opinions.

4 hours ago, Zartan said:

He has always been terrible. Probably worst guy ever on the main roster. Now you might want to say "Well what about Khalli?", the rules are different for giants. Enzo is short, ugly and bad in the ring. He also is bad on the mic beyond yelling catch phrases. My favorite talking segment last year was Jericho butchering Enzo and Sasha without trying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The internet doesn't think with one brain. Generally speaking the people who like something put it over when it's good, and the people who don't like something slag it off when it's bad. I mean, sometimes people think someone or something improves, and start liking what the previously disliked, and sometimes people get tired off of acts and start enjoying them less, but 'this board' has precisely zero unanimous opinions.

This wasn't people being like ok we are sick of Enzo. Literally he fucked that one spot up from Cesaro and people we're like ok fuck this guy we're done with him, enjoying any gif worthy moment the guy took a stiff Sheamus boot like a bunch of JBL's!!  

People had taken a dislike to Enzo before that. And I'm not sure he had anyone really loving his work to begin with really. I guess some people liked his talking in NXT (although by the time he got to the main roster, some people were getting taking exception to it), but I don't think anyone was ever really super into his in-ring stuff at all. 

8 hours ago, Victator said:

He has always been terrible. Probably worst guy ever on the main roster. Now you might want to say "Well what about Khalli?", the rules are different for giants. Enzo is short, ugly and bad in the ring. He also is bad on the mic beyond yelling catch phrases. My favorite talking segment last year was Jericho butchering Enzo and Sasha without trying. 

Yeah, there's no basis to the idea that people thought Enzo was a good wrestler until that one botch - he's always been a terrible wrestler who's only purpose in the ring is a) to get thrown by Cass at their opponents and b) to warm up the crowd with his mic work. Problem is, his mic work is just grating and repeating the same old shit. Let's not forget that just before Sheamus blasted his face off, he was repeating "we got that Kryptonite" down the mic like a lobotomised Harvey Wippleman

• Like 1