DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Yet somehow Jinder Mahal is in a PPV main event,

Well, you forget Smackdown isn't RAW. Vince doesn't care about Smackdown. He'll let silly little things like "wrestling" and "storytelling" happen over on Smackdown since he's way more hands off. I'm totally convinced he just goes "uh huh, yeah yeah that's fine". Though occasionally we get a Monty Burns moment where he's interested and and someone peaks his interest and this is the end result.

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Jinders a world title contender? Lanas a dancin fool? Rollins and Sunny? It should be obvious to everyone we've entered an alternate timeline. What's next? 

If TV shows are any indication it looks like Barry Allen just had to go back in time and muck all this up.  Next thing you know Cisco's brother's dead, Savitar's out to get Iris and Jinder's a world title contender.

I guess we're starting to transition into a WWE Paradox.  Goddamnit, Barry, you just had to do that, didn't ya?

• Like 7

http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/vader-briefly-collapses-after-match-japan-234051

What the fuck is up with Vader?  Remember a few months back when he claimed he only had a short time to live and wanted to be in the WWE HOF?  Now he's getting dropped on his head in nostalgia matches in Japan and passing out due to dehydration afterwards.  I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If TV shows are any indication it looks like Barry Allen just had to go back in time and muck all this up.  Next thing you know Cisco's brother's dead, Savitar's out to get Iris and Jinder's a world title contender.

I guess we're starting to transition into a WWE Paradox.  Goddamnit, Barry, you just had to do that, didn't ya?

I wonder if this explains the Mistico/Awesome Kong/KENTA thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Or, he was lying about dying as a way to try and get a WWE Hall of Fame payoff. Now that the HOF has passed, he is back to working and making some money that way.

It wouldn't be the first time Vader managed to get himself some notoriety/bookings (See the criticism of and subsequent match with Will Ospreay) while "working" people on Twitter.

If you follow him on Twitter, you can see his mood swings. He's done a couple I NEED TO GET BUSY LIVING OR GET BUSY DYING type posts which leads me to believe that he'll be in the ring and continue to train until he's dead.  He also clarified that a spot from that match in Japan knocked him out, nothing to do with his heart issues.

The way Vader was dealing with the whole was all kinds of weird. It went from "HoF would mean so much to me" to an all caps "I'M DYING WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS" to "I'M ENTERING MY FINAL DAYS".

The heart problems - from what I gathered - were never really specified. I can totally see him just going "f@ck it", but him working us to a degree seems just as likely.

At what point do we say this is a disgusting tactic that Vader's using?  I'm not by any means saying I wished his claims were true.  But if he's saying he's had two years then a few days and it turns out to not be the case at all then that's a pretty rotten thing to do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

At what point do we say this is a disgusting tactic that Vader's using?  I'm not by any means saying I wished his claims were true.  But if he's saying he's had two years then a few days and it turns out to not be the case at all then that's a pretty rotten thing to do.

No one wants to say that in case he does end up dying tomorrow and then we'll feel terrible.  At least that's what I was thinking...

42 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I figured it was this from the beginning. Of course, if things turn south, in hindsight, I'll look like an asshole saying this. 

I actually have non-fan friends who knew about Vader's tweets and asked me about them-- some who watched him in WCW and the WWF as kids, but also some who knew him from his appearances on Boy Meets World. They must have gotten some "mainstream" coverage somewhere along the line, be it TMZ or even Yahoo or something. Definitely wouldn't be a good look if a work, but for the sake of both the guy behind the character as well as anyone who might see him legitimately die in the ring (as mentioned earlier), I sure hope it is.

2 hours ago, caley said:

BTW, in things I thought I'd never see.  An article for The Buffalo News about the Buffalo Sabres NHL team builds its lede around a tweet by CM Punk.  I think that's probably a BINGO on the pro wrestling fan/NHL fan crossover BINGO card.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/pegula-adamant-adding-discipline-character-sabres-organization/

The Buffalo News (particularly the sports section) is a complete cesspool and just about everyone who writes for it should die a slow painful death.

If Undertaker goes in the WWE Hall next year, will they put Kane in too? It seems logical but I would think Taker should induct him and they have never done something where somebody going in inducts someone the same night.

Though X-Pac and Daniel Bryan would be good choices. Maybe Big Show, but I read once they did not get along well away from the ring.