DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Redirecting this before the thread gets closed....

WON says "Glorious Domination" was actually intended for Nakamura, who declined it and helped them create his new theme.  

I saw it posted elsewhere, you could see CFO$ line of thinking as, "well, he loves Freddie Mercury, so let's figure out something that sounds like Queen."

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

I didn't know The Boogie Woogie Man posted here.

Needs more glass coffee table though

On the "Lana was a dancer" tip, when she was telling the story on the Jericho podcast, it was really a shock when she followed up "I was a dancer" with "actually classically trained in ballet" because in wrestling, "I was originally a dancer" means of the pole variety 99.6 times out of 100. 

• Like 1

This Jinder main feels more like King Mabel or Hardcore Holly rather than a Sheamus style surprise title win. Let Randy run through him and the Bollywood Boys while everyone else is occupied and then spin him off into a feud with Styles/Owens/Nakamura/Zayn/Whoever is available. This just seems like killing time until Summerslam.

I don't know where this really belongs, but I just came across this and have some vague recollection of it. Captain Lou during his Super Mario stint doing an anti-drug commercial. It's pretty standard stuff until the very end when things...take a turn.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don't know where this really belongs, but I just came across this and have some vague recollection of it. Captain Lou during his Super Mario stint doing an anti-drug commercial. It's pretty standard stuff until the very end when things...take a turn.

Capt. Lou is not wrong there. Drugs absolutely can and will take you to hell before you die if you let them. I can only speak of my own experience with the white devil, but it absolutely did turn my life into hell. If it had gone much further, I'm probably not here today.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zev said:

WOW's been back for a while now, technically.

http://www.wowe.com/previous-seasons

I know, but even though the story is light on detail, I have to assume with MGM being involved means it's going to be significantly more than four minute episodes posted on their website.

I was inspired to watch some Caged Heat, and if they were transported to NXT in 2017 they would be the most over act there.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I am now imagining Nakamura conducting an orchestra. Which is doubly funny because Basil Polidouris' soundtrack for Conan the Barbarian just came in the mail on LP and I'm listening to it right now.

I'm picturing this. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I saw it posted elsewhere, you could see CFO$ line of thinking as, "well, he loves Freddie Mercury, so let's figure out something that sounds like Queen."

Needs more glass coffee table though

On the "Lana was a dancer" tip, when she was telling the story on the Jericho podcast, it was really a shock when she followed up "I was a dancer" with "actually classically trained in ballet" because in wrestling, "I was originally a dancer" means of the pole variety 99.6 times out of 100. 

The dancing was pretty bad but the Muzak version of "Thrift Shop" was even more laughable.

• Like 1

At a restaurant and somebody at another table is telling a story that has involved "Rufus R. Jones" and "Handsome Harley Race" doing something that convinced him that wrestling was fake.

I think that it involved Rufus grabbing the rope or something that he clearly wouldn't have done if he was really hurt.

somehow he had a story about KC pro wrestling that didn't namedrop Bulldog Bob Brown

upon glancing over to the other side of this place, the "I figured out pro wrestling was fake because Rufus Jones didn't properly sell a Harley Race beating" story was inspired by the TV airing a UFC/MMA program near that guy.

also, the regional generic term for pro wrestling in the KC area among people alive in the 70s seems to be "All-Star Wrestling". Which was the name of the Central States program

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alstein said:

Was Continental down in Alabama ever an AWA territory the way Memphis was?

Outside of Memphis and Calgary, did the AWA have any other affiliate territories?

From what I can remember, Continental left the NWA in 1986-ish and was affiliated with the AWA until they closed up shop for good (around 1989).