DVDVR Message Board

GREAT 8: AJ STYLES vs. KEVIN OWENS

RIPPA

AJ STYLES vs. KEVIN OWENS  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

This is oddly one of the easiest votes for me, which is strange considering how far into it this is.  Kevin's awesome, and when inspired he can be a joy to watch.  But AJ though is on another level, so definitely voting for him.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think if you were just judging their out of ring performances...  AJ still wins. 

Man, I so can't get down with this. AJ has been way better than I expected on the mic since coming to WWE for sure, but I'll take Owens on the mic over anyone else. He projects his disdain for basically every wrestler so well and gets over as a legit heel while still basically having believable motivations. The Jericho run is my favorite character work anyone has done in WWE in a very long time and it wasn't just Jericho getting that over.

I think I might still be voting AJ here, but yeah.

3 hours ago, maciej said:

Man, I so can't get down with this. AJ has been way better than I expected on the mic since coming to WWE for sure, but I'll take Owens on the mic over anyone else. He projects his disdain for basically every wrestler so well and gets over as a legit heel while still basically having believable motivations. The Jericho run is my favorite character work anyone has done in WWE in a very long time and it wasn't just Jericho getting that over.

I think I might still be voting AJ here, but yeah.

While as long as you ignore the fact that he was cheered pretty much non-stop and over the supposed face up until the Festival of Friendship...

If you wondering why I didn't push for Gallagher in the last round, well I was busy and I blew my material getting him past Cesaro. But I didn't want to put my boy through this.

Owens is good, but I dunno.....I can't quite buy him as a top guy, even as a heel with help. Styles hasn't got that problem at all. Easy choice.

• RIPPA locked this topic