DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

On 12/8/2017 at 8:17 AM, RIPPA said:

Someone better alert @RUkered or he is gonna wonder where the fuck everyone went

I leave for a cruise for one week and all hell breaks loose.

I miss beatboxing, Deloreans getting added to GTA (Ask me how many times I have watched those movies and I will lie because the real number is a) embarrasing and b) I lost count years ago), and the final death whispers of ME:A servers.

• Like 1

No no stout, he went for a cruise down to the the local walgreens to pick up some nasal spray and hemorrhoid cream. Meant to leave before beer two but forgot and tried to go after number 3. Last I heard from him was he was falling asleep in a ditch somewhere between Roanoke and Sandusky Ohio. Said he messed up and squirted the nasal spray up his ass, which from what i gathered not only loosens the nose but the spincter as well. I reckon he was muddy, and not from the ditch. The kicker is he put the hemorrhoid cream in his nose and he just thought he was stuffy before he started his cruise. I reckon his nose is still so tight he whistles the andy griffith theme song when he tries to breathe. 

If ya drink 3 and cant breath just be happy. You'll be a whole lot better off.  Thanks for these valuable life lessons Burke, love ya like a brother!

• Haha 2

Finally broke top 500 in both apex and challanges. Just in time to retire back to los santos maybe tonight.

Edit: got about everything done I thought was possible in this game except the N7 characters all up to 10. I lack 6 unlocks but when you buy 11 reserve packs and dont get a single N7, fuck it. Time to go. 

A lot has happened in Los Santos in your absence.They have Rocket bikes and high explosive Heavy Sniper Ammo now. And it's about to get quite a lot worse.

I made a brief visit a while back to get the gun smuggling bunker and 18 wheeler. Did a few of the newer vechicle missions and that was about it. 

Looking forward to the heist and hopefully GTA can carry me to red dead.

@melraz09 You ought to publish a collection of short stories.

@jstout If it makes you feel any better, it was a cheap one. So cheap that when we pulled into the first port and saw the real cruise ships which had like 8 extra decks more than ours, one of the girls in the group said, "I bet those people are looking over here like fuuuuuck the trailer park just pulled up."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so after today only I will be posting in this thread and Rippa will be making fun of me for doing so, correct?

Yes... though it seems like Stout is going to hold on to the bitter end

On 12/11/2017 at 6:12 AM, AxB said:

A lot has happened in Los Santos in your absence.They have Rocket bikes and high explosive Heavy Sniper Ammo now. And it's about to get quite a lot worse.

We made a brief foray back into freemode.  The dots have more toys, but they haven't got any brighter.  There were a whole lot of blown up military vehicles when we got done.  I do want to know which idiot thought purchasable Lazers was a good idea, though.  

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

We made a brief foray back into freemode.  The dots have more toys, but they haven't got any brighter.  There were a whole lot of blown up military vehicles when we got done.  I do want to know which idiot thought purchasable Lazers was a good idea, though.  

The same idiots that gave tanks and other military grade hardware to petty criminals.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The same idiots that gave tanks and other military grade hardware to petty criminals.

Thing is, most of that stuff blows up nicely.  We ran into a group that kept grabbing vehicles every chance they had.  They used half a dozen tanks.  They all got blown up.  Same with their APCs.  Managed to get one guy to accidentally blow up his own APC, so I didn't get charged for it.  Buzzards and Hunters got shot down.  Only thing that really gave us trouble was the mobile command center.

The fuckers in the Lazers, on the other hand, just got met with passive.  Then they set whiny texts.  I'm always tempted to text em back with the lyrics to Jet Boy Jet Girl.

15 minutes ago, Robert C said:

The fuckers in the Lazers, on the other hand, just got met with passive.  Then they set whiny texts.  I'm always tempted to text em back with the lyrics to Jet Boy Jet Girl.

They may as well sell Lazers.  There were too many assholes sneaking onto the Army base at will and using them for free anyhow.

I still remember the Church of Satan asshole we shot down with miniguns who showed up not five minutes later with a second fucking attack jet.

I'm cracking up right now because I always keep a tab on my phone with this thread open and the GTA thread open. I opened Chrome just now and read the new replies. I was about to ask if anyone was gonna be playing GTA tonight, then decided to double-check which thread I was in and chuckled.

I'll pop over there in a second, but fuck it - the last four posts are GTA. Anyone raising hell in Los Santos tonight?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robert C said:

If anybody cares, there's a new bronze celebration mission out now.  First, and only, match I've run all week.  Got two N7's from it.

I will probably run it to get the celebration pack and maybe get a couple of upgrades for my Kineticist.

I haven't touched multiplayer in two weeks.

I'm having the weirdest run where I can't stay awake for a whole game these days. I fell asleep recently during a retrieval round in platinum. Needless to say, this is not gonna endear me to the cool kids in class. I whiffed on doing devices on a Platinum round 4. That didn't endear me to the locals.

I did have one stretch the other day where I came into a Platinum at wave 2 to find my teammates struggling with an upload. I did the other two while they were still working on their first, then doubled back to the first one and cleared it out and finished it. They then booted me from the game. No good deed goes unpunished.

I just can't muster enthusiasm for gaming right now with not being able to stay awake and having spells of double vision rear their ugly heads. Playing less has seemed to help that, though.

GTA pisses me off to no end because as badly wrecked as Andromeda is, I can play in the same game with three friends. Trying to get everyone in the same room (or hell, mission) is impossible and has been for three years now. They can add every kind of doohickey in the book to make money, but they can't straighten out the simplest shit.

So someone unexpectedly gifted me this game for Xmas and I have to ask... will playing this before 3 spoil any of what happens in that game?  I beat the first two games but am waiting to play the third until I can pick up the DLC on sale and... Bioware are very stingy when it comes to putting their DLC on sale (coming up on two years of waiting).  If I could play this consequence-free while waiting that'd be swell.

There is a subplot in Andromeda that sorta spoils some of the events of ME3 but if you have watched any of the trailers for ME3 you kinda know the deal.

Basically - they go into the reasoning for the whole Andromeda Initiative in the first place but other than that nothing really. (Partly because it would have been tougher for them to pick a "canon" ending for ME3)

On 12/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, RIPPA said:

There is a subplot in Andromeda that sorta spoils some of the events of ME3 but if you have watched any of the trailers for ME3 you kinda know the deal.

Basically - they go into the reasoning for the whole Andromeda Initiative in the first place but other than that nothing really. (Partly because it would have been tougher for them to pick a "canon" ending for ME3)

I don't think I actually watched any of the Mass Effect 3 trailers as I got into the games a bit after the fact but I did get the impression from the commercial that they were at least teasing the battle being brought to Earth itself, likely by the reapers.  Is that about the extent of it, or does Andromeda go into more than that?

14 hours ago, username said:

I don't think I actually watched any of the Mass Effect 3 trailers as I got into the games a bit after the fact but I did get the impression from the commercial that they were at least teasing the battle being brought to Earth itself, likely by the reapers.  Is that about the extent of it, or does Andromeda go into more than that?

You got it

• Like 1