DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Finally got back online after being down a few days due to my powerline adapters failing (the hardware for a wireless connection failed a long time ago - just haven't bothered sending it in yet.)

Try to do a silver and wait in the lobby for like 10 minutes with only one other person.

Finally a third joins, and it's a level 1 human male adept. Apex rating...0.

He immediately hits ready, all gung ho.....and got booted within seconds.

That bo-, I say that boy is as green as a golf course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I would've been online today if some poor bastard hadn't been racing near my folks house, spun out, and hit an electrical pole.  The power was out for the entire locality for over six hours and the driver of the car had to be medevaced out.  Not sure if he lived through the crash.

Looks like Part 2 of the Weekend APEX is already up.  I noticed a Silver APEX mission with a 93 hour expiration clock in my queue before I left for work tonight.

Part 2 of the APEX is a hoot. A couple of the typical stips, plus a new wrinkle that each ammo box doesn't replenish at the end of the wave. And they give you no extra ammo. Bring ammo packs.

It's also 11 waves, with activity waves at 3, 6 and 10.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

Part 2 of the APEX is a hoot. A couple of the typical stips, plus a new wrinkle that each ammo box doesn't replenish at the end of the wave. And they give you no extra ammo. Bring ammo packs.

It's also 11 waves, with activity waves at 3, 6 and 10.

Well, the Tech Mastery DC came up after the 8PM EST reset.  I'll tackle the Part 2 mission after I get up from Nap #1 with my Level 20 Krogan Engineer XII and equip her with Remnant weapons so she won't have to go to Ammo Box at all.

I should make a good dent in the Tech Mastery DC in an eleven wave match and then I can make up the difference while knocking out the 14 waves on Firebase Sandstorm DC that queued up with the Tech Mastery DC..

4 hours ago, RUkered said:

Finally got back online after being down a few days due to my powerline adapters failing (the hardware for a wireless connection failed a long time ago - just haven't bothered sending it in yet.)

Try to do a silver and wait in the lobby for like 10 minutes with only one other person.

Finally a third joins, and it's a level 1 human male adept. Apex rating...0.

He immediately hits ready, all gung ho.....and got booted within seconds.

That bo-, I say that boy is as green as a golf course.

Aw, I'd have let the lowbie into the mission.  That's a guaranteed Bronze medal for Revives at the very least.

Maybe even Silver if he didn't quit early.

• Haha 1

Mass Effect: Andromeda broken? That, suh, is an outrage! (prepares to challenge Robert to a duel for the game's honor).

Tired of having to run through two gold games  that seem to take forever to get an RPG and (maybe if I'm lucky) a strength enhancer booster as the only useful things in my reserves pack. Tired of passing on 30 mission funds because I don't wanna play four bronze games, it seems, to get my 35,000 tech points. That's time I could be using spamming gold to buy useless crap in reserves packs.

• Like 2

If they weathermen are right, you might need an ark to find me, since they're saying 10-20 inches of rain this weekend and hurricane force winds this far inland.  Should be fun.  We'll see if the storm knocks out my power and/or internet.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Robert C said:

If they weathermen are right, you might need an ark to find me, since they're saying 10-20 inches of rain this weekend and hurricane force winds this far inland.  Should be fun.  We'll see if the storm knocks out my power and/or internet.

Holy crap, dude.   I forgot all about you being a Gulf Coast guy.   Stay safe!

Campaign mode was interesting today:

• I opted to save Ruth.  I fucking hate the Bring Down The Sky conundrum that thinks that I can't gun down this Roekkar fuck as soon as he releases his hostage.  Also, this was funny.  Scott:  Does he have a sample of the virus.  SAM:  Yes, but it is degraded.  JT: Oh, so he has a VACCINE....  So, I have no issues with letting his asshole bounce with the vaccine when the Roekkar have so graciously provided me with all of this medical data that will eventually lead to a cure before the Roekkar can weaponize the virus.  Or somesuch because fuck it and there is no DLC to make me regret my decision anyway..
  • Helped out some exiles having comms problems.  They provided me with a UV lamp to give to the stones selling the medicinal ganja.  The fact that the weed they're growing actually does have antibiotic properties and that I also did Ryuji a solid by retrieving the Oblivion formula makes me feel better about my decision to save Ruth.  I have a genius doctor in the slums that owes me a favor and I got two guys growing Kadaran penicillin so in the DLC that will never happen, I have two markers to call in for the additional task I won't get where I find a cure for Ruth's death virus.  AWESOME~!
  • Knocked the satellite scavs out of the frame.  Went back to Aya.  Quest giver goes apeshit when I tell him that the truth about the Outlaws attacking the Angaran survey ship.  First Scott's sister and then the Angaran scientist on Voeld and now this asshole.  Why does this game continuously try to encourage me to lie to people?  Why do I keep choosing to be honest knowing that I will get into trouble?
  • Brought back yet another artifact to Avela.  Still no play.
  • Investigated the diplomatic issue with the Angaran Resistance guy threatening one of our own. Figured that it was only a cultural misunderstanding.  I told the Salarian Botanist dude to shut the fuck up  At least our Asari Ambassador seems reasonable and you complete a quest just by answering an e-mail from Tann and going to visit the place.
  • Initiated the cultural exchange program and recruited some Angarans to come live on the Nexus.  The first additional task where the style of dialogue you reply in actually matters.
  • Went to talk to the Turian shuttle pilot.  Now I have a fetchit that requires me to spend my own creds.  Supplies to Eos? Check.  Supplies to Voeld?  Check.  Now to establish other outposts and chip away at this stupid fetchit.
  • Went to Kadara to hit the Outlaw base to push along Drack's Loyalty Mission.  These fuckers have land mines.  What a bunch of assholes.  I killed them all way too fast and way too painlessly.  Went back to the Nexus to snoop around after being prompted to do so.  Thought it was hilarious that Spender's apartment is next door to where Jien Garson was fucking murdered and across the hall from Peebee's place.  That Elaaden part will have to stay On Hold, because I still have a lot of shit to do on Kadara.  I totally fucking burgled Spender's Initiative Fighter model.  It will look splendid on the display rack in my quarters on the Tempest.  Besides, he won't need it after I put his ass in jail.  I took the hint and asked the Comms guy to act natural since I figured that Addison would rat me out if she knew what was going on.  I mean seriously, she is fucking standing right there within earshot.
  • While I was back on the Nexus, I picked up the Beer Run side mission as well as some other bullshit mission on Kadara where I am pretty sure I will discover that this dude fled and wasn't kidnapped.
  • But before we head back to Kadara, let us help out our homie, Jaal, and roll to Havarl to deal with this Akksul bullshit once and for all and backtrack to find the remaining Roekkar manifestos that I am too lazy and forgetful to look for.  That's where I parked Scott before heading off to work.
  • Scott is Level 40 now.  I have zero points in Biotics.  I also have zero points in any Combat Powers but my Combat Passive skills are all up to Rank 6 and I am nearly Rank 6 in all forms of firearms.  As far as Tech Powers go, I am Rank 5 in Tac Cloak, Rank 6 in Remnant Vi and Energy Drain, Rank 3 in Team Support, and Rank 6 in both of the Tech Passive skills.  My one trick pony of scoring Tech Combos with Energy Drain when following up on my VI's Electrical Beam is still pretty effective on most enemies and I tend to bring Drack along when I know I will have to deal with enemies who have a lot of armor.

The 11 Wave Silver APEX mission was challenging even with my Level 20 Krogan Enginer XII because I also had to carry a Level 12 Human Male Adept II and a couple of other lowbies. One guy was obviously a newbie because he did not seem to understand that the object of the last wave is to fucking get on the shuttle. 

He went down and bled out with about seven seconds to go before the Evac Kodiak arrived, so the end of the mission felt like a really bad late 1980's Vietnam War movie.  GO ON WITHOUT ME~!!! GET ON THE CHOPPAH~!  I WILL COVER YOU~!!!

I also carried three lowbies to victory in a normal Silver APEX mission with my Level 20 Turian Havoc Trooper XVI.  My finishing score was more than the combined scores of my three squaddies. I think at some point they just found a corner to cower in while I killed all of the Kett on the map.

Disappointment Pack gave me the Katana S so now I have a full set of the Special Edition weapons.  Yay..... Where is my fucking Batarian Vanguard?  Where is my fucking Carnifax?

No mods showed up at the store for me because I assume I already own what came up for sale this week.

So I've got all the Power Mastery's to where I only need one more. Biotics I need Backlash (at 5%), Combat I need Barricade (at 60%), and Tech either Snap Freeze (50%) or Invasion (30%). I got the Rozerad up to 100 (giving 5 of 8 needed for Pistol Mastery Silver), so I switched to the Carnifex (Siphon) for my main pistol because I thought it would annoy JT that he hasn't got any Carnifexes and I've got 3 different ones. So I was using the PAW as a Shield Stripper to go with the Hand Cannon, but as I was switching characters some couldn't handle the weight. So I went with the Equaliser pistol instead. Fuck that's a good gun.

The first mission I used the Carnifex on, a Berserker Charged at me. I was really glad I had a Carnifex by my side at that point.

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy crap, dude.   I forgot all about you being a Gulf Coast guy.   Stay safe!

We're far enough inland that we oughta be OK.  At worst it'll be a category one by the time it gets here.  Wind/rain/tornadoes are what we gotta worry about mainly.  Just about got things cleaned up out back so that the yard isn't full of potential projectiles.

Well, I had enough faith in Jaal not to end Akksul for being a dick..  Jaal is loyal and his family is safe, Akksul has slunk off into the darkness to wrestle with his ideology, and I have already Tech Comboed an enemy that Jaal use his Retaliation ability on.

Rank 6 defensive bioelectric field passive skill, mother fuckers!  Yes, the fact that the Angaran are talking eels has not dissuaded me from putting the mack on Avela Kjar.

I am 41st level now and am Rank 6 in all weapons except for Assault Rifles.  Don't really use them that much since my usual load out consists of a crafted N7 Valiant, a stock N7 Crusader, a stock N7 Hurricane, and a crafted N7 Eagle.

I was only missing one Roekkar manifesto.  It was in some fucking cave in the gorge between the research facility and the Roekkar camp.  With any luck, that will be the last time I set foot on Havarl.

I took time out to craft myself some Tier VI Pathfinder Armor and two new Tier VI N7 weapons and will track down the Three Sabers on Kadara for Sid as well as a few more fetchits to build up the Viability Rate closer to 40% before going off to see about the Asari Ark.

Then maybe I will flip the switch on the Kadara vault..  Hasn't been a high priority since I can knock out side quests on the planet without worrying about a constant environmental hazard.

Didn't get to play much MP today other than redeploying my strike teams.

Here's some stuff from the developer chat on Twitch:

1. No more patches for multiplayer. I kid you not. If it's broken now, it ain't getting fixed. They said they can tweak damages by players and enemies and such "server side," but there's a lot of stuff that would require a patch.

2. They are adding the Remnant map from the APEX missions as a playable choice, but that's the last map we're getting.

3. There will be more characters, since they had them planned already.

I can't guarantee this, but I'm outta here. If any of you guys are on when I'm on and wanna play multiplayer, even if I'm playing something else, shoot me a message. I'm always up for hanging with the family.

I am hoping (unless I get really bored) to avoid ever playing this game with a team of all randoms again. I'm sick of having to accept underpowered teammates because you don't know if you can replace them, then having to revive those underpowered teammates 1,000,000 times to get 100,000 MP credits so I can spend all those on a First Aid pack, two guns I'll never use and two consumables I'll never use. 

I was gonna do this anyway, but reading that they're done patching the what seems like millions of problems with multiplayer left me defeated.

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Here's some stuff from the developer chat on Twitch:

1. No more patches for multiplayer. I kid you not. If it's broken now, it ain't getting fixed. They said they can tweak damages by players and enemies and such "server side," but there's a lot of stuff that would require a patch.

2. They are adding the Remnant map from the APEX missions as a playable choice, but that's the last map we're getting.

3. There will be more characters, since they had them planned already.

I can't guarantee this, but I'm outta here. If any of you guys are on when I'm on and wanna play multiplayer, even if I'm playing something else, shoot me a message. I'm always up for hanging with the family.

I am hoping (unless I get really bored) to avoid ever playing this game with a team of all randoms again. I'm sick of having to accept underpowered teammates because you don't know if you can replace them, then having to revive those underpowered teammates 1,000,000 times to get 100,000 MP credits so I can spend all those on a First Aid pack, two guns I'll never use and two consumables I'll never use. 

I was gonna do this anyway, but reading that they're done patching the what seems like millions of problems with multiplayer left me defeated.

I am also not long for MP.  I will keep playing as long as there are characters to unlock, but I'll probably quit not long after getting a complete roster.

There's some stuff on Bioware's board about the new characters, though I dunno if they've put anything out officially.  Details are a little fuzzy, but I think there were 4 of em, and they were all humans.  Also, I think I saw something about staggered releases - like one a month.

I'll probably keep playing some.  I'd kinda like to get my remaining guys to 20.  I think I have 7 left, with 6 between 10 and 16, and the Exemplar at 1.  I'm definitely down to playing when other folks are on.

Haven't touched this at all in the last couple days.  What little game time I've had has been soaked up by this little glitch in GTA.

I figured out how to get lots of points in Invasion - it's shit until you get it to Rank 6, t which point you can make anyone you've used it on blow up and infect others once they go down to 15% health. So basically it's a power that steals kills for you. I was returning a package and got like six Invasion kills from where I picked it up, as I was dropping it off. So I got that to 100%, giving me Gold Tech Mastery. And I got enough XP for level 4 Power Recharge time simultaeously.

Next, Asari Duellist. One of those 'No weapons needed' classes.

Campaign Mode was full of sadness for the little bit ot time I played on Sunday afternoon..  Didn't play much over the weekend having not slept for most of Saturday while celebrating my domestic partner's son's 30th birthday (yes, we are old) and then being comatose for most of the day in prep for coming on shift for the 0001-0800 shift on Sunday / Monday.

• Fucking stupid sad mission Mind Games..... No matter what you do, the Cerberus test subjects are fucked, so not doing anything is not an option and neither is locking the machine and leaving those two Cerberus assholes around to continue their work someplace else, so I chose the slightly cathartic option of electronically lobotomizing the Cerberus scientists and untethering the now brain damaged exiles from the machine.  Euthanizing the ensnared exiles would've been far more merciful, but that avenue is not offered to you.  I was proud of myself for recognizing The Divine Comedy as soon as I heard it being recited.  What a depressing mission...
  • It felt good to rat out Addison and snitch on the Three Sabers.  That vindictive hoe would've gotten back at me in the DLC for sure.  At least I am in good with Sid.  Again, the game insists on trying to get me to lie to everyone.
  • Cold Hard Cache is a also a wrap.  I wonder how many assholes would be trying to attack Prodromos if I had decided to establish it a military base?  The fight at the base was fun.  Strangely satisfying to prevent the shuttle launch by blowing up the explosives on the landing pad.  The fight with the two Hydra units could've gone south in a hurry if I hadn't brought Drack and if he weren't specifically specced to be my Anti-Armor guy.  His Incineration Tech and Flak Cannon rounds are disturbingly effective on yellow bars.
  • Leveled up to 42nd now.  All of my passive firearm skills in Combat are now Rank 6. Now to pay more attention to Tech and finish dumping points into Energy Drain and Tactical Cloak.

Beer Run is next and then we handle the Asari Ark thing and then I will backtrack to dealing with the vault on Kadara.  Priority will always be put on unlocking Rank 6 for my squaddies.

My APEX Rating has crossed the 17K mark in co-op. I have two Bonus Stats that are Rank 3 now.  Rank 6 seems so far away.  I got Map Mastery Gold today after getting it done in a Gold match on Firebase Icebreaker.

If only all fetchits were as easy as Beer Run.

Completed Cora's loyalty mission.  Did not lie to the Asari about Sarissa's actions, yet chose to keep her in the Pathfinder job anyway..  I'm a sucker for giving folks a chance at redemption and frankly Vederia was a bit too green for my liking. 

My stomach turned when I first encountered Vederia and saw that she was armed with an N7 Crusader. IS IT TOO MUICH TO ASK TO ARM AN ASARI NPC OTHER THAN MURDEROUS PARIAHS WITH A FUCKING DISCIPLE~? IT IS A WEAPON DESIGNED BY THEIR PEOPLE~!!!

Cora was really getting on my nerves with the Asari Weeaboo crap.  I quick actioned to give her a hug in the epilogue cutscene.  She looked like she could use one.  Not easy to kill your heroes.

I took Peebee along hoping that she'd have some snarky comments for her fellow Asari, but I was denied.

Next up is the Firefighters and then we make Kadara's water drinkable again.  I still have there Blue !'s left on Kadara and one of them should be another task from Reyes.

MP was a bit of a farce yesterday morning.  Lots of lowbies looking to be carried through the Weekend APEX mission before it expired.  I was in two squad wipes, but eventually had a successful re-do and leveled up my third Bonus Stat to Rank 3.  I'll work on getting Max Shields and Health Regen Cap up to 3 when I get home from work.  There should be at least two APEX missions in my queue by then.

Then I'll crash for a couple of hours and grind through some more Campaign Mode.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jstout said:

Folks on the ME multiplayer Reddit board say Destiny 2 is gonna put a serious drain on the small amount of players left in multiplayer.

I'm already at the point that when I am online in the morning, it takes about five or six minutes for matchmaking to find players for my match and at least one of the squaddies is from some former Soviet Bloc country that barely has internet. 

It is better to make an attempt to host than to join a match because if the host is in fucking Latvia somewhere, the lag is tremendous.

Bungie will eventually fuck it up somehow and send D2 players screaming back to ME: Andromeda or some other game.  You can almost set your watch by it.

• The Firefighters is a wrap.  I chose the discreet avenue.  Seemed like the right thing to do.  First Garrus and now Kandros.  What is up with Turians and their preference for sniper tactics?  Marked for the Overlord reference and marveled at how Kadara had become an ex-Cerberus haven.
  • Also knocked out some fetchit where I tracked down some scavs and encountered the fucking Eiroch that did them in.  Scott referred to the Eiroch as a Fiend so I am assuming that either the Eiroch is the wrong placeholder or the dialogue got fucked up somehow.    And yet there are not supposed to be anymore patches to fix shit in this game...
  • Passed out on the couch just shortly after arriving at the Kadara vault.  That's where Scott is parked in prep for what I know will be a frustrating event.

I'm going to be a pallbearer at the funeral of a close family friend to my parents, so I will probably pass out when I get home.  The Big Exercise in Korea is supposed to wrap sometime this afternoon and I'm supposed to report in at normal time on Thursday, which means that I've got all Wednesday night to struggle with the Kadara vault.