DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Ran two golds back to back to get the daily.  Same setup both times, which happened to be my absolute least favorite - the Sandstorm map with Remnant.

The first match felt like I had found the mythical all Bob team.  Everybody was level 20.  I ran the human Vanguard.  There was another Vanguard, an Asari Adept and whatever Asari can go invisible. The Adept had an Apex rating of 16K+.  The other two were around 5-6K.  It may have been the easiest gold I've run.  We had a few deaths, but it never felt for a minute like we'd get less than full extraction.  Anybody that went down got revived immediately.  Nobody went up on the roofs.  We all pretty much stayed at ground level in between the two buildings, except for the objectives on 3 and 6.  Nobody camped anywhere - we just ran as a loose group, killing every poor robot we saw.  Those things didn't stand a chance.  I felt like I had a good game, but ended up coming in last.

Second match was mostly the same crew, but the level 16K Adept left, and got replaced by another Adept.  This one was level 12-III.  Can't remember his name except that it had Skyrim in it.  We really should've kicked him.  It quickly became apparent that this would be a non-Bob match.  Turned out that the 16K guy had been so filled with the spirit of Bob that it had flowed through him, and allowed the rest of us to release our inner Bobs.  Without him, the other two relapsed to their normal states of Bobness - they were good, but not great.  Skyrim had no Bob in him.  He died constantly (must've been at least 25 times) and contributed nothing.  He wet unrevived several rounds.  He died a bunch of times on extraction, but he must've used all his pops, since we got full extraction again.  At the end of that one, I was out of RPGs, and had gone through about half my bandaids and revives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Ran two golds back to back to get the daily.  Same setup both times, which happened to be my absolute least favorite - the Sandstorm map with Remnant.

I've had relative success on that map and Magma on Gold with my Angaran Insurgent and my Kineticist.  They're both similar in that there are places to hold up and funnel enemies to their doom, yet plenty of room for escape routes if things get bad.

I've pretty much specced my Angaran Insurgent for maximum effectiveness for Gold matches on Zero and Icebreaker though.  The class excels on maps where space is a premium.

With my Turret set to repair via Omni-Link and prime enemies with the Flamethrower while my mines are set to Detonate the Fire debuff, I can hold down a small section of Zero or Icebreaker almost by myself. 

I just have to be careful how I ration out the Thermal Packs or when I make ammo runs so that I have plenty of mines to use throughout the mission and I don't die while going to get more shit..

My APEX rating is now above 6K (top or middle of the Xbox DVDVR Friends eaderboard depending on who you have on your FL and what they're playing) and I am closing in on Third Place on the Xbox DVDVR Friends Leaderboard for Challenge Rating.

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I've had relative success on that map and Magma on Gold with my Angaran Insurgent and my Kineticist.  They're both similar in that there are places to hold up and funnel enemies to their doom, yet plenty of room for escape routes if things get bad.

I've pretty much specced my Angaran Insurgent for maximum effectiveness for Gold matches on Zero and Icebreaker, though. 

With my Turret set to repair via Omni-Link and prime enemies with the Flamethrower and my mines set to Detonate the Fire debuff, I can hold down a small section of Zero or Icebreaker almost by myself. 

I just have to be careful how I ration out the Thermal Packs or when I make ammo runs so that I have plenty of mines to use throughout the mission and I don't die while going to get more shit..

The thing that bugs me about that map is all the different levels.  I always feel like I'm in the wrong place, either the wrong level or the wrong side.  Adding in Remnant makes the roofs an unpleasant place to be, with the swarm of Observers overhead.  If I've gotta play that map, I want to use a Vanguard, simply because it takes the wrong side/level thing mostly out of the equation via charge.

15 minutes ago, Robert C said:

The thing that bugs me about that map is all the different levels.  I always feel like I'm in the wrong place, either the wrong level or the wrong side.  Adding in Remnant makes the roofs an unpleasant place to be, with the swarm of Observers overhead.

Your mileage may vary, but the more successful teams of randos I've rolled with tend to pick the most defensible spot on the map that doesn't lend itself to line of sight from above.  The downside of finding a defensible position on some maps is that avenues for escape can be few if you get overrun.

Not too many Gold players like facing off against Remnant since Observers can get line of sight from above and do constant damage and Breachers can sometimes float above obstacles and avoid mines.  Gold players also stay away from Kett thanks to Fiends and Ascendants. 

The Anointed can also maul you with those fucking plasma mini-guns if you don't deal with them fast enough.

Outlaws are nice and predictable, but some of the specialized enemies like Pariahs, Anarchists, Sharpshooters, and Hydra units can still give you trouble.

My strike teams got me enough for a rare weapon mod this morning.  More importantly they got me my 40th barrel.  No more annoying barrel drops in Premium packs.  No more hoping for something good, only to get pistol barrel 8.  Now I can concentrate on getting weapons and characters I don't want, and continuing to not get a single ultra rare character.  In celebration, I present the lovely Vera Lynn.

• Like 3

My two disappointment packs from last night upgraded my Shotgun and Sniper Rifle barrels.

Still no Pistol Receiver nor the two remaining Very Rare classes that are still locked.

I was trying to todays bronze strike mission. I pressed ready when i was still in character screen only to see it was down just me and the host. 

Okay, i figured, we can do level 1 and then people will join later,

well, it turns out the host dropped, so it was just me. I did take out about 6 assemblers before dying. At least i got a little xp. 

anyone having issues with today's daily challenge? It says "tech power" but I used the Salarian Architect for 2 missions, and have 0 points for it.

Amazlingly, had a good group of randoms in those missions and one was named FranktheTankxxx and another was BillCosbyxxxx. go figure/

I have been trying to level up a new character. It's a female something or other that has the pull and shockwave abilities. Did several bronze missions last night, and I'll be damned (sorry, dalmed) if I didn't get paired up with a whole mess of Bobs. Was a good night. 

• Like 1

I had a pretty good night running Golds with three randoms who actually played to win. We died a bit, I used a bunch of health packs, revives and RPGs, but all three Golds were easier than Silvers I had ran earlier with some horribly untalented randoms.

Silver's a mess because any snot-nosed punk who gets through a game of Bronze thinks they're ready for the big time. I had guys who had Level 10 characters (at I on the I-X scale), but APEX ratings of less than 1,000. All they did was die and not revive. So I'd go over, revive them, get shelled, have to use a First Aid, repeat. No fun.

Yeah - I was able to do a bronze APEX and that was fine

Then I went to start working on the tech daily (which I later found out wasn't working) and that is when the game grabbed out. Shocker - it was during extraction

Man if lag aint bad today. 

Had a little bit to play. Joined a gold strike team. Bad lag, I died. 

Joined a silver strike team. Bad lag. I died. 

Then hosted a bronze strike team. No lag. Outlaws died. 

I dont know if its the hosts connection that causes lag. My internet. Or just some random bull shit that happens. I haven't had it in a long time and hope I never get it again. 

It was literally the first gold I ever tried

I got dropped in the middle of Wave 8

Two guys where already dead. I used like everything I had just to get to 9

I got over 30k in cash just for completing that wave

11 Fucking Waves! And a Kett-ised Krogan showed up on the Assassination wave (It was called Boss, not Assassination)! Three Angaran Insurgents and one Avenger, and we've all got Gold Medals in Support halfway through. But we got through it. 65,312 XP and 259,021 credits.

• Like 1