DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Finally got today's remnant reward. I was all set to get it and then i got put in a match at level 5 and got the cant move glitch. Neither dying nor next round fixed it. I almost staggered to the LZ in time but died within spitting distance. 

My kineticist is up to level 18. 

I got back into town on Thursday afternoon and hit the ground running.

Yesterday was my daugther's moving up ceremony (I am officially the father of a High School Freshman). I got back from Camp Atterbury just in time to change clothes, attend the school event and take pride in my young 'un's accomplishments, get back to the 'rent's crib, and summarily passed out on the couch while watching the Danny Trejo weapon joint on El Rey Network. 

Didn't game one bit.

Inexplicably opened my eyes at 4AM and could not go back to sleep.  Cleared the Silver and Bronze APEX missions in my Strike Team queue this morning before breakfast with both of my Human Sentinels to nudge my Power & Shield Regen bonus stat along a bit more. 

I'm 88% through the Daily Challenge (30K points scored vs. Remnant), so I'll knock that out when I am home from work, take my kid to her celebration dinner with my family, and hopefully I'll be able to work on some Campaign Mode this evening.  Knowing my old man metabolism, I'll be in bed by 10PM and then this training exercise I'm on

I finally got the Sandstorm this morning in the Premium Pack I bought and got to use it in a Bronze match right before zooming off to earn my daily bread.  The Sansdstorm more of a DMR than it is a pure assault rifle.  It synergizes well with the AR Scope and the AR Receiver. 

That weapon / mod combo really shined on Firebase Sandstorm (IRONY~!) when I was able to shoot through hard cover and nail the Kett firing at me from the roof of the opposite habitat.

The Equipment Mod for the week is the Armored Compartments mod.  We'll see how the more ammo & power cells vs. more weapon damage experiment shakes out when I put the AC mod on my KroMerc.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I actually had a good set of randoms today. We stayed together and did 4 missions to get the remnant daily bonus.

Four missions?  It only took me two to get the Remnant Daily Bonus yesterday.

Also knocked out the 14 Waves on Firebase Zero challenge this morning and got most of my initial running around done on Havarl before heading out to rescue these Angaran scientists.

Probably won't be back online until tomorrow evening. 

I tried to make the "I'm good with pizza and video gaming!" argument for celebrating Father's Day, but they are determined to do things like take me out to breakfast at some nice crepe spot and then spend the afternoon on the On / Off Bus Tour of DC and a final stop at the Spy Museum.

For those that don't play MP that much, there is also a new Rokaar mission up this weekend. 

It is a Silver ranked match and goes down on a daylight version of Firebase Icebreaker.

Completed my romance with Jaal. Apparently fucking Peebee in the Escape Pod counted as I got the 3 romance achievement when I was done with Jaal

I then immediately finished up with Keri just to see what happened

My wife and I had a 5 minute fight over whether or not Keri was encouraging me to cheat on Jaal

Wait, how is that even an argument? She is most definitely encouraging you to cheat on your current lover. Its not even arguable. I actually can't finish that quest line because the final part is sleeping with her (you can't refuse). I was cool with that when my Sara had a friends with benefit relationship with Peebee. I had no plans to cheat on Vetra, especially with Drack around the ship.

I should clarify that better

Obviously she wants to sleep with you - it was more around whether or not she knew you were already in a relationship or not.

I took the comment about the bartender watching the door to be about Tann but my wife was positive it was about Jaal (or whoever your lover might be).

Then we sparred over when Keri made the comment about "your life out there"

Again - it's clear Keri is cool if you have a girl in every port. I'm just not convinced that directly meant she knew she was a side piece or not

And playthrough #2 is done (well I am futzing around in the Epilogue - like I am doing all 4 choices just to see what happens)

It is a shame JT will never see some of the stuff during the closing sequence

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I should clarify that better

Obviously she wants to sleep with you - it was more around whether or not she knew you were already in a relationship or not.

I took the comment about the bartender watching the door to be about Tann but my wife was positive it was about Jaal (or whoever your lover might be).

Then we sparred over when Keri made the comment about "your life out there"

Again - it's clear Keri is cool if you have a girl in every port. I'm just not convinced that directly meant she knew she was a side piece or not

I'm pretty sure your wife is correct. I want to say there is dialogue making it clear she knows you are an item with someone during one of the parts in the quest. She just never specifies a name.

Dear dipshit random teammates.  Maybe you ought to look at the match specifications before trying to run two Kineticists in a gold Kett Apex mission with dampened powers.  Just a suggestion.

Oh well, down to 6 barrels left to get.  Figure I'll get one for sure with mission funds today, and probably finish em up sometime this week.  I guessing they'll announce new weapon mods next week, just to fuck with me.

• Like 1

My random teammates recently have been brutal. I just needed 9,000 points to get another Disappointment Pack, so I ran a Bronze. My teammates not only let me do all of the retrieval and devices, they refused to revive me when I died, including one who was about a step away from me. Finally, one of them revived me on Wave 7, so I guess we all could extract. Sweet of them.

It seems like no one playing Silver brings revives or RPGs into games or something - that shit is someone else's work. Yeah, I'll be happy to run around getting killed myself trying to revive your ass, hotshot, it's my pleasure. Yeah, lemme use all my RPGs trying to get these Hydras off our backs - you save yours, you're more important.

• Like 1

All the good players have gone to Gold, man.

See on Firebase Icebreaker, does everyone go to the same spot on XBox too, where (assuming the spawn/extraction point is on the Southernmost edge) you go on top of the building at the eastern edge of the map? Because against Remnant, you're a lot safer in that building than on top of it.

I spent two fucking hours driving around Voeld trying to find the last fucking terminal to hack to finish the last fucking task.

Still haven't found it.

Once I get that done - I have two things to do on Eladeen and I should - SHOULD - hit 100%

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I spent two fucking hours driving around Voeld trying to find the last fucking terminal to hack to finish the last fucking task.

Still haven't found it.

Once I get that done - I have two things to do on Eladeen and I should - SHOULD - hit 100%

Which mission? 

Not a mission - a task.

One of the ones where you have to hit Kett bases and the terminals randomly appear.

This is the one around the planet defenses

Just now, odessasteps said:

The random ones are a pain. I never found all the little mouse datapads in my first go around 

Little Mouse used to be bugged so you couldn't finish it.

It is fixed now (I just finished it today - though backwards since I had killed the main dude a while but I still had to find all the data pads)