DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I think - THINK - I finished all the tasks on Voeld

Just going to sweep through Eladeen today for tasks and then call it a day on this first playthrough

Ideally some folks will be on MP tonight to distract me from making the mistake of watching Payback

FYI, In terms of biotic abilities, the shield that deflects projectiles and sends them back at the enemies is probably one of the best ones to invest in.  It's a good way to shield yourself and get damage in on shielded enemies and heavily armed enemies at the same time.  They will just helplessly pelt machine gun fire at you that goes directly back to them.

Got the strike team bug again this time through the MP menu

Think it is tied to a specific strike team so I am gonna have to retire them when I get the chance

This was one of the best things to happen to me while playing videogames in a long time. Robert, Melraz and I are getting ready to play a multiplayer match with some random. Robert and I and the random are ready, but Melraz isn't, went to get a beer or something. So random votes to kick Melraz.

Immediately, it's strike one, strike two, strike three, he's kicked. Dude's gone with a quickness. Guess he didn't imagine we could know each other.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, RIPPA said:

Assuming you meant what I thought of it... it would have been weirder without he warnings from folks in this thread

I feel comfortable in saying though that JT finally got his fight

YES~!

When I finally beat campaign mode six months from now, it is good to know that I will be happy.

I am actually happy right now since I got in a little multiplayer before bouncing to the office and I unlocked a Krogan Vanguard to go along with the Ruzad shotgun I got on Saturday when I got to play for a whole half hour and unlocked a Turian Havoc and upgraded a few of my Basic weapons... 

I'm kinda bummed that this game's rep for the 26th Armiger Legion aka the Turian Havoc doesn't wear the helmet like the ME3 model did.

Mass-Effect-3-Balance-Update-Adds-Turian

I'll continue to buy Advanced Packs until I unlock all of the Uncommon characters and then I will work on the Rares and Ultra Rares.  I think I still have the Asari Adept, the Krogan Engineer and another character (the Asari Huntress maybe?) left to go on my Uncommon roster.

My Asari Sentinel is now up to IV.  It is obvious that the gamer gods want me to run with this character, so I will research a build and see what the fuss is all about concerning the giant Biotic shield thingie power she has.

I'm also thrilled that my APEX rating is out of the triple digits.

My kid has a soccer game this afternoon and I will be focusing on the Voeld bullshit I have to do when I get home.

Strike Team Uniform is up to 19th Level and I now have Strike Team Golf and they are 3rd.  I have about 95 Mission Funds, so I will recruit another team and have them clear out Bronze missions with Golf while Uniform handles Silver. 

Even at 19th level, the chances of success for Uniform are still fifty / fifty for normal Gold missions.  I am assuming that this is where the microtransaction money sink gets you and makes you spend real money on Andromeda Credits so you can quickly gear up your multiplayer toons and equip your strike teams.

• Like 1

Had way too much fun last night beating the crap out of things.  The highlight had to be the all Asari Adept match we ran.  Nothing but purple clouds of death and blue women punching Krogan in the face.

Things I learned this weekend playing Andromeda:

1.  Playing pure melee is perfectly viable against outlaws with Asari, or human, Adepts.  It also works fine against Kett outside of their insta-kill bosses.  Last six matches we ran with my human Adept, I only fired shots or used powers in two of em.  And those two I only shot at, or used powers on Fiends and Ascendants.  The rest of the time I was just running around punching.  I beat three Hydras to death in one match.  This strategy falls apart on Remnant only because the Observers can get out of reach too easily.  

2.  Coincidentally, I learned that Hydras can, and will, insta-kill you via chokeslam.  Weirdly, though, you can revive after it happens, unlike if Fiends or Ascendants get hold of you.

3.  Melraz is a better play by play man than 99% of the people that get paid to do it.  We both got insta-killed during a silver Saturday, and for some reason I couldn't change to view the rest of the team, so he kindly gave me a rundown of the action.  The fact that it was our one remaining teammate trying to finish 2 retrievals by himself in about a minute and and a half while surrounded by a sea of destroyers just made it even better.  I couldn't see from laughing so hard by the end.

4.  Fuck retrievals.  

• Like 4

I got retrievals for the first time this weekend and I was more than happy to let my squadmates deal with that shit.

One match 3 of the 4 of us were biotics and the other two had almost no recharge time so shit was just biotic comboing all over the place

Basically I just tried to throw pull as much as possible just to get credit for assists

• Like 2

Strike Force Uniform is now 20th level.  RARE ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED~!

Strike Force Golf is now 4th.

I totally forgot about this stupid app on my phone that I can use to check up on their progress.  Probably because it's been broken for days and days and days.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well maybe if you had downloaded the update...

That's what staycations are for.  I was off for two or three days a week or so ago spending my use or lose time in prep for the furlough that probably won't happen now.

Adepts are all you need until you get the gladiator. I don't think i will level any more characters up. I got 4 to level 20 thats good enough for me until i get the gladiator. 

Great times last night. All except the friend request and the 27 play with me invites. Youd think after the 26th attempt one would realize nope not gonna play with me. 

Hope to be back on tonight. Might be my farwell tour for a few weeks. Vacation is approaching and a lot gotta be done before hand. 

• Like 1

You mean you aren't taking your XBox on vacation?

I got some vacation coming up and I wanna buy enough groceries to leave the house one time in nine days, max. I want to ignore the shower until my cats start trying to cover me with litter.

• Like 4

Ah dalm thats funny stuff. 

The resort we are going to this year is adults only. Some resorts have xbox, ps, for kids. I could see my drunk ass staggering in there and running all the little shitlins out so i could play M.E. at 12:30pm. Yes I am usually on 2 beer by noon on vacation. Ah the luxury of all inclusive. I try to get my monies worth. 

Yall get all the rare upgrades while I am gone and then carry me through on gold when I return. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jstout said:

You mean you aren't taking your XBox on vacation?

Not if I'm smart I won't, but being smart is not always a sure thing with me.

More thoughts:

• I used some Mission Funds to buy the Guerilla Package for my sniper folks.  I already have the Combatives Package for my Soldier type peeps and will try to nab that Tech Upgrade package before the content rolls over in the Item Store.  Hopefully the Adaptive War Amp and the Juggie Shield will be available on the next restock.  The Thermal Clip upgrade was fairly useless in ME3, but it may serve some purpose in this game since higher quality shotties have like three rounds in them and a tiny reserve, some assault rifles and high ROF sniper rifles like the Raptor chew through thermal clips pretty quickly, and there is no endless ammo resupply during a wave.
  • My APEX plan now is to get all of my Common classes up to Level 10. and gradually work on the Uncommons, Rares, and Ultra Rares  So far my Engineers, Soldiers, and my Human Male Infiltrator are all at 10.  Now I need to work on the Vanguards, Sentinels, Adepts, and the Female Human Infiltrator (She's at Level 9 right now). After that, I should have a handle on my favorite classes to play and they will be the ones I push to 20th and reset for more prestige.
  • Speaking of my Level 9 Female Human Infiltrator, I finally came in First this morning in a Bronze multiplayer match with a Level 10 Asari Sentinel, a Level 12 Krogan Engineer, and a guy who just unlocked his Salarian Architect.  Lucky bastard..
  • My only Ultra Rare Class (my Kineticist nicknamed Black Betty because of the onyx / purple color scheme of her armor) is 11th Level.
  • No new classes unlocked during my brief multiplayer run last night after I got back from my daughter's soccer game (WE WON~!).  I got a few class and weapon upgrades.  My Predator is maxed out now and the Avenger is up to Model IV.
  • Melraz messaged me last night around 10PM EST.  I think that he and Robert were starting trouble just as I was about to tap out for the night.
  • My favorite thing now is to get Pistol and Biotic boosters and then run around with my Kineticist using the Charger V and the Predator iX. One amp augmenting the damage of two pistol class weapons and lots of blue explosions.
  • Strike Team Uniform is 20th but still only has barely a 60% chance of succeeding in Gold missions.  They even suffer the occasional mission failure on Silver when their success rate is near 90%.  Strike Team Golf is 5th pushing 6th.  Nothing but Bronze for them for the time being.
  • I need to find more minerals.  I require more resources to craft this fucking all wheel drive upgrade so I can navigate Voeld without spinning out on every turn.  I'm thinking I should've started working on Havarl first?
  • Somehow I broke the Watchers assigned task on Eos because at some point I wiped out all of the Kett that were manning the final listening post. I had to revert to a previous manual save to fix the mission.  I am now petrified of hitting any outposts because some fucking random encounter may actually be key to another mission.  I am prayerful that the seemingly random encounter in the cave on the way to Presson Dunes with the Kett guarding the Salarian ark escape pod did not belong to another task, because those bone helmet wearing douchebags are now kaerkyn food and I have the MW research points for scanning the equipment
  • First the Ghost of Promise mission and now the one on Eos where you set up the survey towers for the dead engineer run by the VI with his son's voice.  Why does this game insist on making me cry?  Even Peebee got a little misty.
  • All of the mucking about on Eos finally paid off.  I was fairly prepared for my first encounter with a Remnant Architect.  Only Bioware could find a way to insert a fucking DA:O High Dragon fight into a science fiction game.  Stockpiling Distruptor Ammo and Shield Capacitors were the keys to defeating a giant fucking squid robot, but sure do wish I had an extra Consumable slot this early in the game so I could've dumped the Cobra RPG I had in my inventory on it's ass.  Cloaked Revive Runs for Jaal and Petra came more often than I wanted them to.  Why is it that NPCs have become worse at getting into cover the further this franchise spins along?
  • I chose to drill for water instead of gas.  If those smug Advent assholes are so proud of being Nexus independent and self sufficient, let them find their own fucking agua.  PRODROMOS FIRST~!  Oh and I did not want to be the one to further screw over a virgin ecosystem with seismic fracking.  It is bad enough that I am artificially shifting the water table and monkeying around with the climate via RemTech..

So I don't have this game yet, but Melraz has been urging me to get it. I was playing Halo 2 last night (very current on my games as you can tell) and got an invite to a party chat with Melraz and Robert. 

From an outsider's perspective - just based on the descriptions the two of them gave me, this is my understanding of the game:

- You can have neon suits that make Melraz throw up 

- There are blue people who can punch you to death - no guns necessary

- Melraz still cleans house with a sniper rifle before anyone else can get a shot off

- There is some character with an ability to shoot wizardry out of its ass to kill people.

- You can get hugged to death with some kind of cellophane net-like thing.

How far off am I?

• Like 4