DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

You guys are absolute masochists if you're doing multiple playthroughs of ME1 or still playing it just to get to level 60. 

It's only masochism if you enjoy the pain.

• Haha 1

Finished the end of Noveria, plus Liara, Virmire Ilos and the Citadel. Amazing how fast you can go through when you level sixty and don’t bother to kill/open every damn thing

and now I remember him much I hate hate hate the beginning ME2

Just now, Robert C said:

Finished the end of Noveria, plus Liara, Virmire Ilos and the Citadel. Amazing how fast you can go through when you level sixty and don’t bother to kill/open every damn thing

I really need to stop opening everything damn thing

But I also start to twitch if I don't

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I really need to stop opening everything damn thing

But I also start to twitch if I don't

I’m usually the same.  This time I got annoyed that the game clearly wasn’t going to give me any damn Predator L armor for Shepard. That, plus hitting the item cap made me punt. 

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am so over Shredder and Tungsten mods not going beyond ViI

The annoying thing is that the VIII - X ammos have none of the target specific properties of VII ammo and below.  The advanced ammo mods combine the buffs of lesser ammo mods (damage bonuses, elemental debuffs, weapon force buffs) but at higher levels, you start to lose anti-organic and anti-synthetic damage buffs.

Advanced weapon mods have better combinations of buffs without sacrificing the buffs of lesser mods.  For example, VIII Combat Optics mods and above give you the anti-jamming protection of a Combat Sensor plus the accuracy bonus of the Improved Sighting mods.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

OH! That reminds me

It is pretty sad that my armor has better anti-jamming protection than the fucking Mako

Your weapons?  Yes.  It is pretty funny to see your Mako range finder read JAMMMED and then clear up as soon as you step out of the vehicle and draw a weapon that has an advanced Combat Scanner / Combat Optics mod.

Edited by J.T.

I also chuckle at how much the game really really wants you to kill Captain Ventralis and his men

"Go to the Hot Labs."

"No really go to the Hot Labs. Don't bother talking to anyone"

"There's cake!"

I mean I know why storyline wise Ventralis is directing you that way but still.

From the learn something new every day department

I have never seen this cutscene because not once did I walk behind the Eden Prime beacon

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

From the learn something new every day department

I have never seen this cutscene because not once did I walk behind the Eden Prime beacon

I have seen that a bunch of times.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I will put the caveat in that it is possible I saw it in the original but I have no memory of it

As you say, it's easy to miss.  I admit that I totally forgot to watch it on my first game and nearly blew past it again during my NG+ runthrough.

Edited by J.T.

Finished Bring Down the Sky

Still entertains me that colonists of Terra Nova (or at least the company they hired) is smart enough to put shields up around their turrets but no one else in the Universe is

So I wrapped up playthrough 1 and did Control.  Now that I did the quick story playthough, I'm going for a new class and try to do everything I can in all 3 games (I skipped a bunch of side stuff and conversations the first playthrough)

So for the first time I'm doing Vanguard.   I've spent plenty of time doing Solider and Sentinel playthroughs and I've always really wondered what the fuss about shotguns are.  Holy Shit are they good in a class that's actually built for it (not to mention ME1 Vanguards are basically Biotics on steroids).

The Krogan and N7 Vanguards were particularly badass

The Volus Vanguard was also fun to play.  I put mine in whiite armor and named mine Kue Bal.

Edited by J.T.

The Vanguard one is hard to screw up. I don’t find the Cerberus Vanguard super interesting, and the Cabal is a bastard of a play when you aren’t hosting, but the Base Human, Adair, Drell, and Slayer all rule, the Kroguard is almost impossible to kill unless you get synchro, and the Batarian Brawler is arguably the most fun Melee character in the game. Vanguards rule.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think I got most if not all of my Solo clears done with a Krogan Vanguard

Same with me. It is, by far, the easiest solo character. Barrier on all the time, Charge into a group, go to town with a Reegar, Claymore, or Piranha. If you draw Cerberus it’s as good as you can get with only the damn stunning enemies giving you problems, and Cerberus your Charge is generally powerful enough to stun Phantoms when the game doesn’t bug on you, which means you can usually take them out faster then almost character in the game. Literally no need to even put points in Carnage, either. 

Kroguards are a total joy.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan