DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah I went with soldier for my Male Shepherd because I realized I speced my FemShep as an Infiltrator

I couldn’t help but giggle again as folks like Jenkins and Nihlus would talk about all the things they were gonna do post Edin Prime and my wife and I would just go “no you’re not”

With the changes to the way weapons work I am able to smoke fools with snipers just fine despite not having any points into sniper yet.

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I could also do with a skip dialogue button. 

Press X (or the equivalent on a PlayStation) to skip to the next line. It at least speeds things up

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Will try later. Didn't seem to work earlier. Only time I could skip dialogue was in the citadel lifts. 

I only was reminded of it because it came up as a tip in my pause menu.

That being said - I did it in a few different Citadel conversations. I will say that all of them where conversations that I had before (like when I accidentally selected the same dialog option twice in a row) so that might be the key

I didn't realize how much my wife hated Ashley until I started this playthrough. (She was bitter I kept her and sent Kaiden back to the ship when I recruited Wrex).

I now have Wrex and Garrus and am about to get Tali so I am not sure how much more time I am gonna spend with either Ashley or Kaiden (outside maybe trying for achievements)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Press X (or the equivalent on a PlayStation) to skip to the next line. It at least speeds things up

Granted I've been feeling the effects of the 2nd COVID shot, so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought on Playstation it was square to speed up dialogue.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't realize how much my wife hated Ashley until I started this playthrough. (She was bitter I kept her and sent Kaiden back to the ship when I recruited Wrex).

I now have Wrex and Garrus and am about to get Tali so I am not sure how much more time I am gonna spend with either Ashley or Kaiden (outside maybe trying for achievements)

I almost never use either of them once I start getting the alien members of the crew. 

Rolled FemShep Sentinel.  Got Spectre status, got the Normandy, started exploring and am getting fucking rolled.  Time to grind a bit..

Mako does control better, and the guns are weighter now, especially with the Sniper Rifles dusting fools.  But then power wheels on 1 are a bit lacking, and I can't find a quick button for powers.

Another reason I dont mind leaving Ashley on the ship - three times so far she hasn't gotten stuck in between two NPCs and wont move. I would have to leave the area to get her to rejoin the squad

I'll second whoever said earlier that I had forgotten about the significant amount of stuff there is to do from the time you get back to the Citadel to the time that you get your Specter status. Super happy that I managed to find and scan all 20 keepers without having to Google a list of where they're all located.

But, for now, I think I've solved just about all the issues on the Citadel that I can. Time to go see the C-Sec requisitions officer and take my crew out into the galaxy.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

Super happy that I managed to find and scan all 20 keepers without having to Google a list of where they're all located.

Yeah I was happy I didn’t have to try and cross reference a list

I didn’t remember where all of them where but I remembered the couple of random ones. The rest where easy to stumble across 

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have literally had Tali for like 10 minutes and I already got the achievement for finishing 5 quests with her

I got the achievement for Gallus and Tali at the same time, helping the guy get his wifes remains back from Eden Prime.

I dunno about anyone else, but Tali is my favorite character out of the whole trilogy. And I just found out they made action figures from ME3, so now I’m off to eBay.

Also, I hate the Keepers side quest and I remember why I didn’t finish it all those years ago on the 360. But now I have to finish it, because it’s the last one I have to do on the Citadel.

Just wrapped up Therum and have Liara in tow.  I was pleased to see the devs remember the bullshit of not providing adequate cover for the rescue fight against the Krogan Warlord and the Geth Rocket Troopers and put down a set of defensible boxes for us to hide behind.   

I had AI Hacking up to the point where Tali could control the Rocket Troopers and Garrus and I gave the Warlord a double dose of Damping and Sabotage before ventilating his brain with gunfire.  

The boss fight with the Geth Platform is still bullshit.  Hoppers can almost poison you at will.  We had to fall back beyond the Platform's line of sight, snipe the shit out of the Hoppers, and then get close to deal with the Platform.

Remarkably, the team got through both of those encounters on the first go.  I remember both of those fights being far more rage inducing the first time I played this game.

I continued the tradition of knocking out the Major Kyle mission first to nab free weapons and XP without firing a shot in anger.  Fucking Presop, though.  Threshers Maws are a bit meaner than you remember.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Didnt Phils wife get him a Tali figure for xmas or his birthday one year? 

She got me the t-shirt one year and got me Tali face masks this year

I was an idiot who didn’t buy the Tali Funko at the time and now they are in the vault and going for like $300 on EBay

I was in the same boat. Now I've finally left the Citadel and I'm just going to every system and planet that isn't involved in the main storyline.

All things considered though - this game still feels like a 2007/2008 game, if that makes any sense. I'm not crazy about the combat in ME1, never was, and I liked the combat in 2 and 3 way more. Everything just feels.. kinda clunky, I guess.

But it's still a nice nostalgia hit.