DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Raziel said:

<<Insert Take my Money GIF here>>

Yes I'm gonna get it, and play the whole thing.  I'm digging that they're making everything uniform across all 3 games as much as possible.  

But I noticed, they said all 3 games will run off a single launcher... so the size is going to be the total of all 3 games upscaled?  That's gonna be a bit big.

According to a friend of mine, it's 110 - 120GB, which is smaller than all three separately, DLC, and whatever mods you like. By having all three run in one program you negate the need to have 3 copies of common files, the character creators, etc.

4 hours ago, JLSigman said:

According to a friend of mine, it's 110 - 120GB, which is smaller than all three separately, DLC, and whatever mods you like. By having all three run in one program you negate the need to have 3 copies of common files, the character creators, etc.

With most PCs and Consoles these days possessing at least 1 TB of HDD storage, a hundred or so gigs is not all that bad especially considering all of the DLC will come bundled with three working titles.  

I still wonder if you will have to import your character from ME1 to ME2 since that's when everything swapped from Pure RPG combat to Free Aim / Looter Shooter mechanics.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

With most PCs and Consoles these days possessing at least 1 TB of HDD storage, a hundred or so gigs is not all that bad especially considering all of the DLC will come bundled with three working titles.  

I still wonder if you will have to import your character from ME1 to ME2 since that's when everything swapped from Pure RPG combat to Free Aim / Looter Shooter mechanics.

They said no "import", everything'll carry over directly since it's all in one "game" and launcher, so I imagine they already put the conversion stuff in.

And yeah, it makes sense that they'll come in smaller than the originals if they're all sharing the same core assets.

• Like 1

Plus they said the game that is getting the biggest mechanics overhaul is the first game so that the same mechanics will be in place over all three

Like you can no use any type of gun you want in ME without a penalty even if you character doesn't specialize in it.

Kinda happy/kind sad that they aren't fixing the inventory system of 1. Of course I say that now until I have to start using it again and then I will scream

• Like 1

The Pinnacle Station DLC will not be included in the Legendary Edition due to the original source code being corrupted

Mac Walters said it would have taken them an additional 6 months to redo it to include it in the game

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Pinnacle Station DLC will not be included in the Legendary Edition due to the original source code being corrupted

Mac Walters said it would have taken them an additional 6 months to redo it to include it in the game

As long as Bring Down the Sky is still there, I'm good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This disappoints me. It was the only DLC I never got to try though the reasons are totally understandable.

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am honestly super interested to replay the first game. Because, like, I loved it, but boy did the first game FEEL like a first game with some of the controls and design choices. So if it feels more like 2 and 3 now it could definitely help.

Yeah, I never got very far in the first game because I sucked at the controls. I've got to do my parents' taxes this weekend and will probably break down and pay myself in a pre-purchase. ?

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

This disappoints me. It was the only DLC I never got to try though the reasons are totally understandable.

My heart is not broken and yours shouldn't be either.  Pinnacle Station was a slapped together add-on anyway.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That is literally my only disappointment in that ME3's multiplayer won't be in.

Of course - for my personal life - it is probably for the best

I am sure that there would still be enough time spend in COVID lockdown to burn away at least two weeks straight in ME3 multiplayer.

I am bummed that multiplayer is not coming back.  That is also my only gripe with the LE.

• Like 1

The thing that is werid about it to me is they could 100% just say "multiplayer isn't there at launch but a new version of it will come out summer 2021" and it would absolutely make them more money in the long run than it would cost to develop it, but EA have never been long-term thinkers.

God.  I forgot all about Bring Down The Sky.  Once again I must live through the heartburn of letting Balak go to save the colony and not busting a cap in his ass in ME3 'cause I need his troops.

This event has fueled my hatred of Batarians over the years.

"Drink it, or I'll blind you one eye at a time."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1