DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lets be honest - if they have ME3's multiplayer up and running properly, I will never play another video game

If Mass Effect 2 had multiplayer and some sort of procedural generated post-game there's a legitimate chance I'd have several thousand hours in it so I hear that.

I’m probably the person the remaster would mean the least too because I still play the originals on the regular, and also still play Mass Effect Multiplayer, though admittedly not as frequently as I used too. But I’d also love to see a remaster in general, especially since the first half of this year in terms of new games might have me just playing this and GTA Online anyway.

• 1 month later...

“For a lot of companies, remakes are a way to drive revenue. It’s sub-cost, it’s an IP that’s there, you can remaster, and that’s great. We don’t do that here. I don’t think that’s ever been in our culture.”

- EA back then.

I'll believe the persistent remasters rumor when I get a solid release date

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Someone pointed out to me the other day that if Gears of War can put out a forthcoming XCOM-style game, Mass Effect could have done it too at some point.

And that has made me really sad ever since, because if that had been done right it would have absolutely ruled.

• 2 weeks later...

I dusted Andromeda off, as I've run out of other games to play.  

I really hate that they never made a patch that gives you a renegade option to tell Liam to shut the fuck up when he's babbling about champagne the first time you board the Nexus, or, after his loyalty mission, you don't have the option to Exile him and later stumble across him as a drunken wreck in Kadara Port, slurring about how the Initiative was supposed to be different and everyone work together.

At the very least, they should have included a scene where he gets captured by the kett and literally no one makes any effort to rescue him as the Archon injects him and "exalts" him into a kett.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

It will come out the day after Phil gets his switch.

Tentative release date is March 2021.  I'll be playing ME3 multiplayer for another six years.   

It saddens me that HiTechWise no longer has an Xbox profile.

Edited by J.T.

Me: "Boy, look at these new games that I have sitting on my shelf that I've yet to play. I should probably get on this."

Also me: immediately buys copy of remastered Mass Effect trilogy

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The voice actors from the series are doing a table read (and possibly playing a RPG)

So I can easily seem being all BY THIS SEPCIAL EDITION SHIRT!!!! and me being enraged

Neat I guess. Probably will end up picking it up.

They also pretty much confirmed they are early in on a new game. Wonder if they pretend Andromeda never happened, push forward with that universe, or maybe even do something like a prequel.