DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Is there anything stopping Cavill from playing Garrus?

Cavill is capable of projecting very convincing menace in his voice.  I'd actually think he'd be good as Saren.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Y'all are forgetting one the tenants of Hollywood - they aren't gonna cover their dreamy lead's face in alien prosthetics (unless its Tom Hardy who basically refuses to have his face shown).

The only way Cavill isn't Shepard is if they aren't doing the main story from the game (which doesn't sound likely) and instead doing something like The First Contact War or go sorta the Witcher route but Mass Effect wasn't originally based on novels like the Witcher was

He probably will be playing Shep but I feel like Henry Cavill is a big enough nerd to be ok with playing a Garrus/Saren role.

Other options -
He's playing Kaiden. He dies on Virmire as the show plays up that anyone can die, even the 'stars'.

He's playing Vega in a greatly expanded role.

He's playing Thane. They can keep his face mostly the same. A a few prosthetics on the skull, some contact lenses and a change in skin colour and he's set.

He's playing Conrad Verner.

He's playing the Illusive Man. 

They've whitewashed Jacob or Anderson.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is this the same tour where Graham Norton made fun if Cavill for doing Warhammer? 

Yes - though folks really made a mountain out of a molehill on that Norton clip

Yeah, I get bored and wanna see what's going on. You can't get a game without going through quick game and taking what you get (or not, depending on what it is). Trying to start your own game is impossible. Makes daily objectives harder. If I had to guess, there may be 10 or so on at midnight eastern.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That reddit thread is interesting as I couldn't figure out what part of the game that was but someone mentioned it was when you get the lamp for the two stoners and then I instantly remembered that mission

And someone posted why the scene was cut

Not sure about the others, but this one was mentioned in their "Stories and Secrets" book. Something about the ratings review board, and how they missed the deadline for disclosing "drug references" in the game. I remember looking it up when I first found this cut dialogue because I thought it was a bug.

Now I am trying to remember all the Andromeda links to original ME characters (besides obviously Liara)

• There is now that one to Mordin
  • Garrus' Dad
  • Nyreen Kandros' brother??? cousin???
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister
  • A lot of the Cerberus folks (Illusive Man, Miranda) get named dropped

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now I am trying to remember all the Andromeda links to original ME characters (besides obviously Liara)

• Garrus' Dad
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister

There’s a side mission in Andromeda that makes reference to Project Overlord.

https://masseffectandromeda.fandom.com/wiki/The_Firefighters

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

• Garrus' Dad
  • Zaeed Massani's Son
  • Conrad Verner's Sister

I beat the game and I remember exactly none of that, including Liara.  The game obviously left a deep impression on me.  

I can tell you where the ammo drops are on just about every multiplayer map, but it took me forever to even recall the player character's name.  

I keep telling myself that I hate myself enough to do another playthrough of Andromeda

But I never even finished my playthrough of the Legendary Edition so that will never happen

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I keep telling myself that I hate myself enough to do another playthrough of Andromeda

But I never even finished my playthrough of the Legendary Edition so that will never happen

Poor stack of unplayed games 

• 2 months later...

Mary DeMarle - who was the lead writer on the Guardians of the Galaxy game - has joined Bioware and will be the Senior Narrative Director for the next Mass Effect game

• Like 1