DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I actually applaud Craig's choices.  I am wired too much towards successful completion to do things in my game that would result in worst ending imaginable.  

To be fair - the worst possible ending imaginable is how you can make it that no one, including Shepard, survives the suicide mission

Just now, RIPPA said:

To be fair - the worst possible ending imaginable is how you can make it that no one, including Shepard, survives the suicide mission

I was just getting to that.  To get the really horrible ME3 ending, you'd have to go back to ME2 and get everyone killed except Shep and then make sure that anyone left in ME3 either abandons you or dies along the way....

Nah, fuck that.  I don't want a Citadel party where it's just me and like two people drinking beer at Anderson's apartment.

Off the top of my head, the WORST CITADEL PARTY GUEST LIST of surviving crew members would consist of Shep, Joker, EDI, Vega, Liara, and Traynor.

And if you pick Destroy, EDI would die at the end of the game... along with Shepard if you didn't collect enough War Assets.

Edited by J.T.

I am deeply amused that Diana Allers doesn't get invited

I am fucking pissed that Dr Chakwas doesn't get invited*

* - an argument could be made that inviting Alliance crew wasn't allowed since that would explain Adams, Gabe and Ken not being there too. However, Joker being invited blows that out of the water. I am guessing the other answer is "someone has to stay with the ship"

• Like 1

The beauty of ME3 is that the devs actually whiteboarded what the Citadel party would look like in the event that Shepard was the only survivor of the Suicide Mission in ME2 and everyone else was either killed or tapped out during ME3.  

22 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Cortez is there too.  I'm not sure why it doesn't do all the crew, since pretty much everyone is optional.

The real reason is probably "didn't want to pay voice actors for DLC"

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Id figure Cortez is there for diversity reasons. Can they figure out a way to include <Mordin? 

No because in the "Mordin lives" scenario - Mordin has to go into hiding so the Krogan don't find out they were duped

Thinking more about it, alot of the characters there outside of the squaddies are potential romantic interests for Shep, so perhaps it was for the "who wakes up in bed with Shep" finish.

BTW - with all the party talk, I was reading the ME wiki and had totally forgotten that Mess Sergeant Gardner is one of the few things from ME2 that you never learn about in ME3

Granted the only one I ever remember is Gianna Parasini and that was do to them scraping the Dark Energy plot line (Still weird how they didn't at least toss in an email from her or something)

I'd have like to have seen Gianna show up at the Citadel party.   Even better, I'd have like for her to have been one of the "So, you don't have a romance option" hook ups.

SQL Server shit the bed and it took longer than I expected to rebuild it.  I was pretty burned out by the time I got home.

I don't see myself gaming that much tonight if at all.  Citadel still looms on my horizon.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - with all the party talk, I was reading the ME wiki and had totally forgotten that Mess Sergeant Gardner is one of the few things from ME2 that you never learn about in ME3

Granted the only one I ever remember is Gianna Parasini and that was do to them scraping the Dark Energy plot line (Still weird how they didn't at least toss in an email from her or something)

One of the PC mods decided to answer that in N7: Cerberus Labs. When Cerberus calls everybody to report back in (As Donnelly mentions), they huskify them.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

One of the PC mods decided to answer that in N7: Cerberus Labs. When Cerberus calls everybody to report back in (As Donnelly mentions), they huskify them.

Yeah, I always wondered what happened to Hadley and the bridge crew, the two crewmembers in the Crews Quarters (the woman and the dude with family in New Canton), and Gardner.   I kinda hoped that they would've just been placed under house arrest like Joker or pardoned and reassigned, but I can see how some might've returned to Cerberus and been converted.

I think I'm missing something here. I just finished my last loyalty mission for Thane, which was neat because no combat was involved. So everyone is loyal except for Tali. However, on my roster screen, one member is missing. It's whoever would be next to Zaeed. I can't figure out who I would have missed unless Liara is added to my crew, but she has already turned that down twice.

Another question, before I start the mission to fight the Collectors, should I first go through and try to 100% each system? I don't want to miss anything and I don't know if this game gives you a point of no return message.

There is one more squad mate that appears late in the game so you aren't "missing" anyone. (It happens during a main story mission so you can't miss them)

You only need to keep scanning if you need resources for upgrades you want prior to the end game.

Otherwise you can always scan planets after the end game.

The game STRONGLY warns you about certain things but I will just say once you enter the Omega 4 relay, you will have to do everything till the end of the main story before being able to do anything else again.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is one more squad mate that appears late in the game so you aren't "missing" anyone. (It happens during a main story mission so you can't miss them)

You only need to keep scanning if you need resources for upgrades you want prior to the end game.

Otherwise you can always scan planets after the end game.

The game STRONGLY warns you about certain things but I will just say once you enter the Omega 4 relay, you will have to do everything till the end of the main story before being able to do anything else again.

Oh wow. I'm surprised you can still play this one after the main story ends.

Remember all the DLC came out post end game originally

If you wait till after the end game - the Shadow Broker's dialogue is actually tweaked to acknowledge you have already been through the Omega 4 relay

And it is why Arrival makes far more sense if you do it POST end game

Starting Citadel.

The cutscene of the shuttle trip to Ryusei just makes me want that Garrus / C-Sec game set in the Wards before Eden Prime.

They need to add the Ryusei incidental music to my fucking stereo playlist.

Sweet, sweet flash suppresed pistol.  I have missed you so much.

Finished Part One and am back at the crib with the entire crew.  I'll play more later on.  Got my daughter this weekend and we're going to do some bonding stuff because she'll be off to start college in a couple of weeks and I have a shit ton of yard work to do at my mom's.

• Like 1