DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Im sure i did it before in the old days, but i was doing the communications hub mission (aka the satellite multiplayer map) and i did a double KO with one punch on two Cereberus jobbers at the same time. 

back to the Citadel to cash in some sidequests and maybe Sanctuary later before bed. 

I have decided to nitpick a little.  I think it might've been better to resolve the Blue Suns part of Aria's merc gigs by having Zaeed resume command of his old organization.  IIRC he'd already smoked Vito Santiago while Shep was on house arrest, so just get Zaeed to thwack Donel Vosque and put Zaeed back in charge.

I can't say that I really trust Aria to do the right thing after the war and you are adding three major merc bands and their weapons and equipment to her forces, so making sure that the "new" Blue Suns leader is a guy that's friendlier to you (or at least gives you something for your money) might be a good idea.

Got home late.  Had to run some errands and move some cash around from my kid's college fund to JMU.  Ouch.  It sure does not feel like we're paying in-state tuition.  

Eating dinner and watching The Autopsy of Jane Doe because I have seen it dozens of times but have never watched it all the way through.  I'll probably start Leviathan tonight after the movie and finish tomorrow night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Got home late.  Had to run some errands and move some cash around from my kid's college fund to JMU.  Ouch.  It sure does not feel like we're paying in-state tuition.  

I don't need to be worrying about this shit now. I got two more years before I got back into crippling debt

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't need to be worrying about this shit now. I got two more years before I got back into crippling debt

I started a 529 account when she was in middle school which has offset a bit of the cost.  I'm not suffering from grinding poverty, but I'm not eating out every night either.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the "detective" aspects of the Leviathan DLC.  I think solve the mystery crap in Andromeda kept me playing longer than I should have.  Finished the TGE-S Mineral Works part of Leviathan ("Are you familiar with the various applications of tungsten?") and am back at Dr. Bryson's lab.

I'll do the mission to find his daughter tonight after dinner.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While I remember all the MP maps, I have forgotten details like Firebase White being on Noveria

Yeah, Glacier is on Sanctum (Retaliation DLC adds a Seeker Swarm motif), White is on Noveria, Giant is on Tuchanka, Reactor is on Cyone, Dagger aka Com Hub is on Ontarom (I think) and Ghost is on Benning.  

I can't remember where Hydra is staged, but I think that Condor is on Palaven's moon whatever the name is.

I know that there are maps on Sur'Kesh and Thessia, but I can't remember their names.

The Earth maps are Rio, Vancouver, and London.  I miss those the most.  Sooo many Grab opportunities on the London map.

It was weird being on White again since it was pre-DLC so the lay out was the original and not the redone version

Thessia is Goddess (duh) and Jade is the Sur'Kesh map

20 hours in to ME1, level 21 out of 30. Time to start doing the actual story! Feros and Noveria, here we come!

Leviathan is a wrap!  The Argus assault rifle and the Raider shotty are now in my arsenal!

Spoiler

Holy fuck.  I really didn't need to read those datapads and remind myself that the human survivors of the starship crash went batshit insane and resorted to cannibalism to survive...

I've played that DLC five times or more and I still stare at the pressure gauge on the Triton mech as I am trudging along on the ocean floor.  The underwater stage makes me nervous even though I know the Cthulu Fhtagn mother fuckers will aid my cause.

I will chat with Raan and Tali tomorrow after work and then it will be time to liberate Rannoch after I splash this fucking Geth Dreadnaught and try to broker a peace deal.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will chat with Raan and Tali tomorrow after work and then it will be time to liberate Rannoch after I splash this fucking Geth Dreadnaught and try to broker a peace deal.

Funnily I will be doing the Dreadnaught sometime this weekend. I hate having Tali in the War Room and not down in Engineering

I also chuckle how every acts like they haven't seen Tali when you pair them up on the Dreadnaught despite me doing every mission with her so far

Speaking of which - I saved the ex-Cerberus scientists

Good thing my FemShep never romanced Jacob because he sure wasn't afraid to stick his dick into the very next thing that moved.

Yow, that's harsh but pretty accurate.  I think Jacob and Miranda hooked up during the events surrounding Mass Effect Galaxy and we all know that Kasumi has a thing for him but I think that went unrequited.

More than anything, I am looking forward to getting through the Geth / Quarian war so that I can collect my final piece of Hahne-Kadar armor.  I want to get a screen grab with MyShep in a full set.

I need to remember to save up enough money so that I can get at least one weapon upgraded up to X.  I've been spending a lot of money getting my most often used squad weapons upgraded so that I am not killing everything by myself,

I also need to remember not to do Citadel until after I get Sanctuary done so that Miranda will be able to come to the party.

Edited by J.T.

Took out the Geth Dreadnaught.  Nearly punched the shit out of Admirals Gerrel and Xen.  Got the first two of the Rannoch missions as well as the mission set on planet Cyone aka Firebase Reactor.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

I need to remember to save up enough money so that I can get at least one weapon upgraded up to X.  I've been spending a lot of money getting my most often used squad weapons upgraded so that I am not killing everything by myself,

Can't upgrade past V on first playthrough (and that's fucking annoying)