DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Sur'kesh is all done.  I need about 100K more credits for the Valiant.  Off to Utukku so I can once again hate myself for throwing away Aralakh Company for the sake of saving the Rachni again.

Did that last night. So many Flame throwers. 

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm back from Cali.  I'll do Sur'kesh when I get home and then tackle Omega.  So far, I've been good about not doing Eden Prime until Ashley returns to duty.  I will be taking that Renegade interrupt and shooting Udina myself.

As any right thinking person should.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Have cleared the minimum war readiness but I know I need at least 2500 more to get into the "complete" ending territory

Legendary Edition you actually need 7800 to have all 4 choices available, which is not that bad if you've played the whole trilogy.  

I will hate myself when I look at my War Assets later on, but I have decided to do something different and not sacrifice Aralakh Company this time around.

I can always replay later.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will hate myself when I look at my War Assets later on, but I have decided to do something different and not sacrifice Aralakh Company this time around.

I can always replay later.

Yeah - basically you are throwing away 100 War Assets

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - basically you are throwing away 100 War Assets

Grunt's drunken e-mail kinda makes it worth it.

It would be more than worth it if all of the members of Aralakh Company came to the Citadel party if you didn't send them to their doom.

Edited by J.T.

Finishing up the side gigs on Tuchanka and curing the Genophage will give me more than enough creds to buy the Valiant and then I will go liberate Omega.

I unlocked the Combined Arms achievement while going to rescue Victus's son.   I need to start setting more shit on fire so that I can wrap up the Pyromaniac achievement before I settle into Infiltrator sniper mode and start ventilating enemy skulls from long range rather than using my tech abilities.

At least doing the Victus side gig added the Tempest to my arsenal so my SMG peeps can get rid of those Shuriken.

I'm using the N7 Eagle with a pistol scope as my primary and it's just there to coat dudes with ice so that Liara can cryo explode the shit out of enemies that are clumped into groups.

Edited by J.T.

Another day where all I did was conversations

I had left off yesterday completing Citadel II with the last thing being recruiting Ashley back onto the Normandy

So I had to clear out all the new stuff on the Normandy (including telling Allers to keep it professional)

Immediately went back to the Citadel and started working my way floor by floor to acquire all the new shit. Fucked up and started the Volus Ambassador stuff (which is where Zaeed shows up) with out clearing the Presidium first so when I stepped foot there it exploded with dialogue and situations I was supposed to choose between and I lost the plot of the Volus stuff.

Had to reload and lost about 15 minutes of gameplay but it did allow me to take care of the stuff with Conrad. Poor poor stupid Jenna (Though I do really like Conrad getting you War Assets if you played your Mass Effect cards right)

Finally started playing. Endlessly wandering around the Citadel completing sidequests because  can't find the Ambassador. He's not in the Embassy.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

(Though I do really like Conrad getting you War Assets if you played your Mass Effect cards right)

There are commercials on the Illium news feed about Conrad's non-profit after you successfully complete his ME2 side gig with Paragon dialogue.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Finally started playing. Endlessly wandering around the Citadel completing sidequests because  can't find the Ambassador. He's not in the Embassy.

If you mean Udina - I think you have to do something specific first before he moves to his office. I think it is meeting him in the Virmire survivor's hospital room

1 hour ago, AxB said:

No, he was at the ship dock. It was time to leave the Citadel for the first time (in ME1). 

Oh I thought you were saying starting ME3

Yeah - in ME he was with Anderson by the Normandy

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm still working my way through ME2. Uh, I did not expect Protheans to be some bug looking creatures. I was a little disappointed by that.

It will get better.

RIP Tarquin Victus.  I'm doing the Tuchanka side gigs before tackling the genophage which is starting to feel like a mistake.   The tense atmosphere between Primarch Victus and Wrex is making me nervous.  Fucking Turians and their insurance policy doomsday bombs.

Hydra Missile Launcher > Blackstar.

I am like 30K away from being able to afford the Valiant.  Off to tackle the Cerberus Base on Tuchanka and then we're off to slap that cure into the Shroud.

I completely marked out when I started the mission on Benning to find the ambassador's son.  That was the first map I played on when I began playing ME3 multiplayer.

I'm chipping away at the Pyromaniac and Overload achievements.  Have to set shit on fire and shock the crap out of shielded enemies as often as I can.

Edited by J.T.

Firebase Tuchanka.  I have missed you so much.

The ramp outside of Gunnery Control is still one of the best sniper's nests in ME3.

So many headshots...

Edited by J.T.

I did the Citadel DLC and damn near bounced to the Cerberus Base without going back and doing all the individual invites to the apartment. Would have been quite annoyed with myself had I missed that.

Eff your pull-up record, Vega.

EDI and Liara are quite the team for performing combos.   The Shield Breaker achievement is unlocked.  Now I just have to keep setting shit on fire for Pyromaniac.

ME3 Stasis is 100000000000% more useful than its ME1 counterpart.

Well, this blows.   I have three turn-ins that I can't complete until after Priority Tuchanka, so I will have to complete that mission in order to secure the funds for the Valiant and I'll have more than enough after finishing the stupid fetchits after the story mission.  At least I will have N7 armament going into Omega and the rest of the game.

Garrus is no fucking joke with a Phaeston auto-rifle.  I sure wish he would quit shredding the people I am trying to light on fire.

Edited by J.T.

I STILL haven't left the Citadel after Priority: Citadel II

I cleared out all the side missions the were available without leaving the station. (such much going between the Docks/Embassy/Presidium)

Had a chat with Balak and laughed at how I am sure JT threw away those War Assets too

EDIT - should also note that I am maxed out on Paragon points now and am at Level 52

So very broken....

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Had a chat with Balak and laughed at how I am sure JT threw away those War Assets too.

I have never killed Balak in previous playthroughs, but I am seriously thinking about it this time around.  I really should get some get back for Kate's brother and everyone else that died on X-57.  It's not like I'm not going to do everything in the game and amass a shitload of war assets.

I probably won't since I handed the Rachni Queen her death sentence and may need the Batarian war assets further down the long stretch. 

Admiral Hackett didn't seem terribly broken hearted about my decision to let the Rachni go the way of the T-Rex a second time and Wrex was downright jubilant.

Grunt's drunken victory e-mail is still the best piece of correspondence I have in my message bin.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I totally did not remember Shepard being given Anderson”’s luxury condo. 

I think you tapped out before the release of Citadel.