DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Priority: Horizon is over and done with. I couldn't remember if I had given Miranda the heads-up on Kai Leng or not, but I must have because she didn't die.

Now it's time for Leviathan and Citadel before the final run at the end.

Andromeda would be so much better if they just kept how the combat played and felt in the trilogy. I think that's my biggest issue with this game so far - that, and how much extra stuff they've jammed into the game. Do I really need to be able to switch playstyle profiles every time? Do I need like 20 powers split across Combat, Tech & Biotic? Research and Development of armor, weapons, etc. Viability points that, in theory, should just be like Galactic Readiness in ME3, but is way more complicated in this?

It's... just a lot. And they kind of just throw it at you all at once. Oh, and I still hate the Nomad.

Man, I had forgotten how awesome the Leviathan conversation is. The whole Leviathan portion probably should have been included in the original game and not released as DLC.

On to Anderson's place on the Citadel.

• Like 2

Finished my Soldier playthrough on ME1. Running around with Tali and Wrex blasting people with explosive shotgun ammo should be illegal with how much fun it is.

I hadn't played in a few days so when I started again yesterday I had forgotten where a left off (which was right after finishing Sur'Kesh)

So a hour of conversations later... I then went off to see Grunt

Learned today that authorizing the Asari Commando to get a gun lowers your galactic readiness so won’t be doing that anymore.

Always thought it was an interesting choice with no consequences not “Hey you just destroyed the morale of all the doctors”

And yes it still remains the most depressing thing in all three games

36 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I thought id gotten thru about half of Omega, but took me 2 more hours to finish tonight. And i didnt find the couch. 

enough for 1 night before bed. 

The couch is in the reservoir you drain on your way back to Afterlife with Aria.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Learned today that authorizing the Asari Commando to get a gun lowers your galactic readiness so won’t be doing that anymore.

Always thought it was an interesting choice with no consequences not “Hey you just destroyed the morale of all the doctors”

And yes it still remains the most depressing thing in all three games

It's right up there with the teenager at the desk at the Citadel that's waiting for her parents' shuttle to arrive.

Although the one you mentioned gets worse once you connect enough dots to figure out that the "Hillary" that the Asari commando shot on Tiptree is Joker's sister.

Edited by Gonzo

The Teenager waiting for her parents at the Citadel gets even worse when you finally realize that all the refugees have been going to the Citadel, Then the Reapers show up and move it to Earth and you and Anderson see no one that's not Harvested or indoctrinated.  I mean, ME3's overall body count is pretty fucking astornomical.

13 hours ago, Ace said:

The couch is in the reservoir you drain on your way back to Afterlife with Aria.

I looked it up later on the ME Wiki and it didn’t mention any benefit for finding it, so I don’t think I’m going to replay it.

Decided to do Omega before doing Priority Tchunaka

Got as far as adding Nyreen but had to stop so I could run to the store and then do actual work

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Decided to do Omega before doing Priority Tchunaka

Got as far as adding Nyreen but had to stop so I could run to the store and then do actual work

That’s when I stopped the other day, I totally did not remember her when she showed up and was a playable character. 

I apparently also missed finding all the terminals on Omega to hack, since I still have that as a mission. 

Anyway, I got Javik today and now once to liberate some fertile female krogans. 

Wrex has a great line on the shuttle when he looks at Javik and just says "who's he?"

edit

did the Bomb Mission on tuchanka before bed. 

Edited by odessasteps

Finished Omega last night and then did a sweep of the Citadel to make sure (as far as I can tell) that I did everything available to me in this part of the game.

I'm back from Cali.  I'll do Sur'kesh when I get home and then tackle Omega.  So far, I've been good about not doing Eden Prime until Ashley returns to duty.  I will be taking that Renegade interrupt and shooting Udina myself.

Yeah it does really entertain me how Bioware panicked over the carryover from ME to ME2 when the carryover to ME3 is really broken

I am about to do Priority: Tuchanka. I have done everything available to me (except Leviathan). So basically a third of the way through the game. (I guess a little more since I did do Omega already)

I am at Level 49 already and my Paragon rep is past the 3/4s mark

I am struggling with getting biotic/tech combos because everything is instantly dying

I have bought one weapon and that was the Black Widow (which has always broken the game)

And I am playing as a lumbering dumb ass Soldier. Imagine if I was playing as one of the good classes

I just cleared the Coup in ME3 as Vanguard, got a real shotgun, and I'm starting to feel like I'm playing the game on easy mode.  Half of enemies in this game don't survive maxxed Biotic Charge.